Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I took my daughter to see Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran and we saw Taylor Walker and a couple of other Crows and Port players at both shows

a little while back i was out drinking with some mates and lost a bet and had to put on an essendon jersey.

later that day i was walking down lygon and saw juddy eating some fish and chips. it was so boring i thought i'd try and spice it up a little bit so i challenged him to a fight. he declined.

it was on the news and all.

Saw Tony Jones from Channel 9 at Flinders Street station back in 2019. When I told a friend about it he said I should have called out ‘Chompers‘. I did not say anything to TJ.

I might have mentioned it before but I saw Dean Cox at a Subway in Glendalough, I don't know what he ordered but it was definitely a footlong.

My friend saw Shaun Burgoyne and Cameron Smith from the Storm hanging out together and said 'hey you both wear wear number 9' one of them said we do abd chuckled.

Can't confirm if it was Smith or Burgoyne that said we do but if it was Smith will someone say 'this doesn't belong here and should be on the rugby league board'

Few for me from my nursing career:

Met Richo when I was nursing his mum. beautiful lady. He's a childhood hero of mine. He asked what was wrong with his mum and I just clammed up and couldn't talk. Basically crapped myself and said I didn't know etc although I kinda knew everything haha. I was awestruck. He was so massive haha.

Also met his dad Alan when I nursed him too. What a lovely man he was.

Met David Parkin (nursing a family member of his). Recognised him but couldn't put a name to the face. Thought I knew him so awkwardly went for a handshake (he basically broke my hand) before sheepishly having to ask who he was again etc haha. He was happy to tell me all about who he is and what he did. Very big presence, not a man to F with I felt.

Once had Pendlebury hop into a hot spring next to me down at the Peninsula when I was with a girlfriend or my wife I don't remember. Just recall seeing this absurdly ripped physique in my peripheral vision, had a peak and made eye contact and said 'Scott' and he just say 'hows it going' and that was it, I felt too immaculated to say anything plus he was probably sore and wanted some P&Q.

Met Anthony Miles a few times nursing his cousin for months on end. Very close and lovely family. Miles was sore and looked like he had a frozen shoulder - surprisingly he got up and played the next weekend.

Said g'day to Will Minson once walking past me outside the hospital. Seemed friendly.

Met Richo when I was nursing his mum. beautiful lady. He's a childhood hero of mine. He asked what was wrong with his mum and I just clammed up and couldn't talk. Basically crapped myself and said I didn't know etc although I kinda knew everything haha. I was awestruck. He was so massive haha.

Met David Parkin (nursing a family member of his). Recognised him but couldn't put a name to the face. Thought I knew him so awkwardly went for a handshake (he basically broke my hand) before sheepishly having to ask who he was again etc haha. He was happy to tell me all about who he is and what he did. Very big presence, not a man to F with I felt.

Once had Pendlebury hop into a hot spring next to me down at the Peninsula when I was with a girlfriend or my wife I don't remember. Just recall seeing this absurdly ripped physique in my peripheral vision, had a peak and made eye contact and said 'Scott' and he just say 'hows it going' and that was it, I felt too immaculated to say anything plus he was probably sore and wanted some P&Q.

Met Anthony Miles a few times nursing his cousin for months on end. Very close and lovely family. Miles was sore and looked like he had a frozen shoulder - surprisingly he got up and played the next weekend.

Said g'day to Will Minson once walking past me outside the hospital. Seemed friendly.
:cool:

this just in...

Coles Elsternwick, Jade Gresham was finishing up paying at the self serve checkout, wearing grey hoodie, stripey socks that's more like magpies socks, right? leg has tight black compression/legging. As he walked out with the girlfriend, there was a commotion between a Jewish guy and the store manager, store manager was real loud: Thankyou Sir !!! Jewish guy kept coming back for more...

Thankyou Sir !!!
back for more
Thankyou Sir !!!
back for more
ad infinitum...

minutes later, our Jade was still there, obviously wants to be a future ref

Eventually, the lift door stopped the Jewish guy from coming back for more, Jade got on the escalator down to carpark when i saw the back of his head and realised, hey, he's got the same hair cut as me, mine was forced on me by Covid of course that I had to cut my own hair and eventually it morphed to what it is now.

A few years ago, Box Hill played Collingwood at Victoria Park. From recollection, it was the round that Hodge played VFL in preparation for his return to AFL from an injury. Nice day, so I drove down to Victoria Park and managed to snag a park on Hoddle Street. After the match, I turned left onto Johnson Street and drove past Scott Pendlebury walking under the railway bridge. Thought to myself, "That's Scott Pendlebury" and kept on driving.

A few from the distant past. Shared a lift with Cameron Ling back in 2012 at the Park Royal as I was preparing to fly overseas. Told him I enjoyed his boundary work which he had just started. He said 'Really'. I was fudging a bit. Anyway he asked me about my trip and was a really nice down to earth sort of bloke.

Was in the same cinema as Nick Davis and his stunning g/f who sang at the 1999 Grand Final with Mike Brady. They looked bored and she told him on the way out the movie which was American Beauty was crap. Think it went over their heads.

Was walking in the Moorabbin area when Fraser Gehrig played for the Saints. He and Aaron Hamill were having a coffee together and looking bored.

See Adam Treloar a bit at Southland, sometimes sitting with g/f netballer Kimmy Rav in the Coffee Club. Jordy de Goey also hangs out there a bit.

See Razor Ray at the same cafe most mornings on way to work sitting reading the paper and having a coffee, dog is usually at his feet. Said hullo once and he was very friendly.
Have seen Maynard at a cafe in Brighton a bit, seems to be a morning ritual for him to sit and drink his coffee there.

Have seen Jack Billings and his g/f at the supermarket in Bentleigh. Did not bother looking at their trolley to see what they put in.

One for the cricket board, sat next to Joel Garner at an international cricket match overseas.

NRL one but with an AFL link.

Saw Craig Bellamy after a Storm game in 2006 when Akermanis was looking for a new club and told Bellamy he should recruit him to Storm as he would make a good winger in NRL. I was drinking a can of Jim Beam at the time and Bellamy pointed to my can and said 'you've had too many of them' he never took my suggestion and recruited Aker.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elliott Himmelberg and Darcy Fogarty both saw The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent in the cinema yesterday.

A few from the distant past. Shared a lift with Cameron Ling back in 2012 at the Park Royal as I was preparing to fly overseas. Told him I enjoyed his boundary work which he had just started. He said 'Really'. I was fudging a bit. Anyway he asked me about my trip and was a really nice down to earth sort of bloke.

Was in the same cinema as Nick Davis and his stunning g/f who sang at the 1999 Grand Final with Mike Brady. They looked bored and she told him on the way out the movie which was American Beauty was crap. Think it went over their heads.

Was walking in the Moorabbin area when Fraser Gehrig played for the Saints. He and Aaron Hamill were having a coffee together and looking bored.

See Adam Treloar a bit at Southland, sometimes sitting with g/f netballer Kimmy Rav in the Coffee Club. Jordy de Goey also hangs out there a bit.

See Razor Ray at the same cafe most mornings on way to work sitting reading the paper and having a coffee, dog is usually at his feet. Said hullo once and he was very friendly.
Have seen Maynard at a cafe in Brighton a bit, seems to be a morning ritual for him to sit and drink his coffee there.

Have seen Jack Billings and his g/f at the supermarket in Bentleigh. Did not bother looking at their trolley to see what they put in.

One for the cricket board, sat next to Joel Garner at an international cricket match overseas.

Billings- was it the Coles or the Woolworths?
Garner- how did his legs fit in the row in front?

T

That was the opposite of boring.

When I was younger I was at the Arno Bay pub with my Dad and he caught up with Shaun Rehn, I had my skateboard with me and he asked if he could have a shot. I said yes he begun tick tacking around I was waiting for him to eat s**t but he didn’t.

Fellow nurse here too

Was staying at the Marion Holiday Park in Adelaide over this past summer and was on the waterslides with my little one when Nathan Van Berlo wandered up with his kids.

Hatless as you would expect for waterslides. Topless too and looked about 100 times fitter than Jake Stringer.

Asked him how the Crows were looking in preseason and he let me know that Dawson was a total gun and untouchable in the internal scratch matches and Milera was looking good after his injuries. I shared a view that I was hopeful about Shool having a good year off half back.

Later that day as I was leaving the pool area we made eye contact and he instigated a nod of recognition. I returned the nod.

Last edited:
Tom Lynch at A Thousand Blessings in Richmond

Jamie Elliott at IKEA

Entire Richmond premiership team at a cafe on Swan Street

Steven May at my friends shop
Marcus Bontempelli at my friends shop

Marlion Pickett at Northland

My personal favourite, Tom Mitchell in Lorne - where I yelled out “Titch” to him as I drove past playing vengaboys in my car, to which he appropriately ignored

Saw Tony Jones from Channel 9 at Flinders Street station back in 2019. When I told a friend about it he said I should have called out ‘Chompers‘. I did not say anything to TJ.
I saw TJ at a Carlton v Collingwood game about 15 years ago. I said 'G'day Tone" and he told me to get f'd.

I picture Dean Cox hitting his nose on something and yelling "Oww my Shnozz!" like Marv from Home Alone

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I saw TJ at a Carlton v Collingwood game about 15 years ago. I said 'G'day Tone" and he told me to get f'd.
Should have him him with the Petrie special

Remove this Banner Ad

Back