Position 2022 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

FL_8T13VEAMSkXE

He's reverting back to primarily a FWD .....he's not a MID
And so he should - leave him a half forward!

He's one of the best mid sized forward, but an average midfielder IMO

Reminds me of Cripps a few years sgo. Playing much more outside and running around trying to be Dustin Martin. Needs to get back to what he's good at. Winning a heap of the ball and distributing it to outside runners.

I'm pretty Miller has always been an outside runner, he's always been the gut runner link up player.

I'm pretty Miller has always been an outside runner, he's always been the gut runner link up player.
BUT ....it was Touk's tackling numbers last year that saw him elevated to SP status .....the tackling numbers have largely disappeared ....IMO that's a role change from last year

BUT ....it was Touk's tackling numbers last year that saw him elevated to SP status .....the tackling numbers have largely disappeared ....IMO that's a role change from last year
I’m ok with whatever he did on the weekend - just rinse & repeat :D

Side issue..where's Dangerfraud ?
Why no talk out of Geelong ? Is he cooked ? Was it just a bad corky as reported ?
$483K, 2% Owned, High BE, Will get even cheaper.
Is he washed up for good ? Will you buy if he scores a 130 when he returns ?

Side issue..where's Dangerfraud ?
Why no talk out of Geelong ? Is he cooked ? Was it just a bad corky as reported ?
$483K, 2% Owned, High BE, Will get even cheaper.
Is he washed up for good ? Will you buy if he scores a 130 when he returns ?
No, I started him this year because he'd done a full preseason for the first time in a while. He was s**t even when fully fit. Just doesn't have the explosive power or strength that used to be his key to high SC scores. He's cooked.

No, I started him this year because he'd done a full preseason for the first time in a while. He was s**t even when fully fit. Just doesn't have the explosive power or strength that used to be his key to high SC scores. He's cooked.

Round 1 he looked amazing and back to the Danger of old. Only problem was he was playing Essendon.

From then on he just dives on the footy and shovels out nothing handballs. Not finding the footy nearly enough to be considered an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a role change IMO mate, just needs to tackle way less with a decent ruckman capable of giving them some first use.

Last year they were on the back foot setting up defensively at practically every single centre bounce.

Not a role change IMO mate, just needs to tackle way less with a decent ruckman capable of giving them some first use.

Last year they were on the back foot setting up defensively at practically every single centre bounce.
Last year GC didn't have 2 inside MIDS .....Rowell & Davies ...hence why I'm seeing a role change

WHY IS MACRAE SLOWING DOWN?
Jack Macrae started the season in blazing fashion, posting four scores above 130 in his first five games, but he has scored just 92 and 88 points respectively across the last two rounds.

Champion Data’s KFC SuperCoach guru Fantasy Freako has delved into Macrae’s numbers and found some surprising results that backed up a hunch that his numbers are drying up late in games.

Macrae is averaging just 18.3 points per game in final quarters – ranking 118th in the competition for total points scored in that term. Compare that to 2021, when he ranked fifth for total points scored in the final term with an average of 28.4 points. Luke Beveridge’s dreaded magnets could be behind the decline.

In the first three quarters of matches this year, Macrae has spent 93 per cent of game time in the midfield and just 7 per cent forward. In fact, from a scoring point of view, Macrae ranks third in the league for points scored over this period, behind only Max Gawn and Lachie Neale, with an average of 104.3.

So, at three-quarter time, he’s looking good. But in final quarters, his time in position drastically changes – spending just 69 per cent of game time in the midfield and 29 per cent up forward. Macrae has attended 73 per cent of centre bounces in the opening three quarters, compared to just 44 per cent of centre bounces in the final term.

Once again, not being around the ball has hurt his scoring. If we look at the best scorers in final quarters, unheralded Swan Peter Ladhams leads the way with an average of 39.4 ahead of George Hewett (37.8), James Sicily Hawthorn (36.5) and Jack Steele (35.5).

Bean Disgusted Disappointed.gif

WHY IS MACRAE SLOWING DOWN?
Jack Macrae started the season in blazing fashion, posting four scores above 130 in his first five games, but he has scored just 92 and 88 points respectively across the last two rounds.

Champion Data’s KFC SuperCoach guru Fantasy Freako has delved into Macrae’s numbers and found some surprising results that backed up a hunch that his numbers are drying up late in games.

Macrae is averaging just 18.3 points per game in final quarters – ranking 118th in the competition for total points scored in that term. Compare that to 2021, when he ranked fifth for total points scored in the final term with an average of 28.4 points. Luke Beveridge’s dreaded magnets could be behind the decline.

In the first three quarters of matches this year, Macrae has spent 93 per cent of game time in the midfield and just 7 per cent forward. In fact, from a scoring point of view, Macrae ranks third in the league for points scored over this period, behind only Max Gawn and Lachie Neale, with an average of 104.3.

So, at three-quarter time, he’s looking good. But in final quarters, his time in position drastically changes – spending just 69 per cent of game time in the midfield and 29 per cent up forward. Macrae has attended 73 per cent of centre bounces in the opening three quarters, compared to just 44 per cent of centre bounces in the final term.

Once again, not being around the ball has hurt his scoring. If we look at the best scorers in final quarters, unheralded Swan Peter Ladhams leads the way with an average of 39.4 ahead of George Hewett (37.8), James Sicily Hawthorn (36.5) and Jack Steele (35.5).

View attachment 1391719
Hunter. Really doesn’t need that much explanation.

It's not the Hunter effect though. His numbers with Hunter are literally still 125

It looks like Libba and Baz are eating his midfield minutes now. Libba gone from playing forward to full time on ball again
His role is tweaked every time Hunter is out of the team. He doesn’t play full on the wing as a replacement but he definitely plays less inside and more minutes forward when Hunter isn’t there.

His role is tweaked every time Hunter is out of the team. He doesn’t play full on the wing as a replacement but he definitely plays less inside and more minutes forward when Hunter isn’t there.

But what I'm saying is it hasn't effected his scoring at all in the past.

It looks like Dunkley is the main victim of moving forward with Hunter out. With Hunter in the team Dunks CBA's was 54/70/55/60/56 and the last 2 weeks he's had 48/23%.
Macca last 3 weeks still at 53/52/60%.

Bailey Smith 61/52/63%, Bont back up to 73% CBA's and Libba last 3 weeks has doubled most of his previous weeks going from 4/39/23/32% > 50/62/50%.

Biggest thing too is the move of Bont primarily back into the engine room.

Laird or Mills first, surely? Or JMac, Steele, Ollie, LN, if any of those are missing. Touk Touk had 8 tackles last match and is about ready to explode. If you have those 7 already, of course, then may you go forth and multiply.

You forgot Cripps bro.

Excluding the injury score he's averaging 138.

If you didn't have him you'd be doing whatever it took to get him in at his still discounted price

Looks like Bont's back in there.

73% CBA numbers, up from 28 and 48 the previous two weeks.
Bont went back in there last week and that usually impacts Dunkley and vice versa.
On Macrae, going by my eye he seems to be attending centre bounces but then stepping out to be the first receiver instead of getting it himself. Not sure if it’s a tactic or just a quirk of how our games have gone the past 2 weeks. Last week I actually thought he must have been off the ground for large parts of the second half as you couldn’t see him.

Bont went back in there last week and that usually impacts Dunkley and vice versa.
On Macrae, going by my eye he seems to be attending centre bounces but then stepping out to be the first receiver instead of getting it himself. Not sure if it’s a tactic or just a quirk of how our games have gone the past 2 weeks. Last week I actually thought he must have been off the ground for large parts of the second half as you couldn’t see him.

Macrae is elite by foot, I can see why they want him on the end of the footy instead of Dunkley and Baz hack kicking it forward.

Let them burrow in and find the footy, same as Libba, and Bont and Macca be the guys on the end of it to hit targets i50.

I think you guys were travelling at one of the worst F50% efficiency rates in the league to score so it could well be a shift in game style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back