30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Thoughts on the Pye-Le Broq incident ?

Someone needs to humble JLB, he nearly binned Feeney at Eastern Creek too
Hmmmm tough one. Not sure JLB is entirely at fault but for a guy who's fighting for a spot on the grid it's not a great look.

Only bringing money at this point

Hmmmm tough one. Not sure JLB is entirely at fault but for a guy who's fighting for a spot on the grid it's not a great look.

Only bringing money at this point
Yeah i understand what you're saying about Pye but surely a " bump 'n run " at Turn 1 would've sufficed.

Just on the WAU news - HRT well and truly buried now

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yeah i understand what you're saying about Pye but surely a " bump 'n run " at Turn 1 would've sufficed.

Just on the WAU news - HRT well and truly buried now
Don't T8 have HRT in their name somewhere

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Gotta say, that will upset some people, much like the T8 switch over a decade ago.

Not sure what to think really although I do like Chaz. Would love to hear the reasons for it.
The old "Rather be dead than red" reason given by Ford. * I was pissed at the time but I never blamed Triple 8. I loved Craig Lowndes, so like Brock I ignored the fact that he drove a Holden. 😃

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The old "Rather be dead than red" reason given by Ford. fu** I was pissed at the time but I never blamed Triple 8. I loved Craig Lowndes, so like Brock I ignored the fact that he drove a Holden. 😃
I never warmed to Brock, CL though I did

Similar to Chaz after his switch

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I never warmed to Brock, CL though I did

Similar to Chaz after his switch
I loved Lowndsey and it had been a long time since anyone had received that kind of roar at Bathurst when he passed Davey at turn 2 in 2018.
Brock was the legend from my childhood days, especially when he lead the charge against the overseas Bathurst entries.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I loved Lowndsey and it had been a long time since anyone had received that kind of roar at Bathurst when he passed Davey at turn 2 in 2018.
Brock was the legend from my childhood days, especially when he lead the charge against the overseas Bathurst entries.
I was a bit put off by Brock until his later years. As a young kid at Mallala back in the early 90s he just simply didn't have time for anyone.

Later, when raced tarmac rallies in the Daytona Coupe.... Much easier to chat to.

I always found DJ to be a lovely bloke.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I was a bit put off by Brock until his later years. As a young kid at Mallala back in the early 90s he just simply didn't have time for anyone.

Later, when raced tarmac rallies in the Daytona Coupe.... Much easier to chat to.

I heard that about 15 years ago. All he cared about was chasing the poontang.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Lol had the exact opposite happen at Mallala when I was a kid. Brock had an insane amount of people and was really decent. Johnson seemed like he wanted to just get home. I’m sure they’ve all had their moments though.

I remember Skaife was awesome. The guy had hardly anyone there and had a nice chat to my old man and I. This is the dark Sega Saturn days. My god how things changed for him.

As for the Holden vs Ford thing. That died along with the arrival of the Mustang for me. Good on WAU. Makes it easier to boo Chaz 🤣

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Lol had the exact opposite happen at Mallala when I was a kid. Brock had an insane amount of people and was really decent. Johnson seemed like he wanted to just get home. I’m sure they’ve all had their moments though.

I remember Skaife was awesome. The guy had hardly anyone there and had a nice chat to my old man and I. This is the dark Sega Saturn days. My god how things changed for him.

As for the Holden vs Ford thing. That died along with the arrival of the Mustang for me. Good on WAU. Makes it easier to boo Chaz 🤣
To be fair to PB, he was in the VN commodore and had a real bad weekend, as most of them were for him in that car. Did not want to speak to anyone

DJ was sitting outside his truck and invited us over for a chat and a BBQ. JR was good too, and AJ. Skaife was still young and making his way then, didn't really know how to deal with the crowds back then.

Always found him pleasant though

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To be fair to PB, he was in the VN commodore and had a real bad weekend, as most of them were for him in that car. Did not want to speak to anyone

DJ was sitting outside his truck and invited us over for a chat and a BBQ. JR was good too, and AJ. Skaife was still young and making his way then, didn't really know how to deal with the crowds back then.

Always found him pleasant though
Yeah my latest memory of Mallala was 97 so Brock’s last year. He was probably a bit more cheerful then.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Just finished watching Race 14 (first of Day 2 at Winton). SVG was too good with Waters making a tiny mistake in the exit of the pits and SVG hooked around him too easily like most of this season so far and Waters just didn't bother to keep with him, but that's ok... SVG was determined to win that one for sure.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Another fantastic finish in Race 15 between Waters and SVG. SVG is such a beast when he's in full focus-attack mode like that, but Waters was good enough to keep him behind him with that late charge. Quality weekend between those two.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
For all SVG's amazing racing nous and speed, he really needs to work on his starts off the line. His inability to get his Commodore off the line cost him a clean sweep on the weekend. One race his start was bad enough that he was pushed back to 3rd, and the same thing also happened in another race as well.

Back