Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

old one was still s**t

wasn't s**t singing it with hundreds of others after winning a flag. Song is a song, the one we used when we won in 2018 is fine and just leave it. Forever in need to change our club. Tradition will never be used as a word to describe our club in the future.

Yeah this. The best version of our song is still awful. The club needs to bite the bullet and throw the whole thing out. Get whoever did GWS's to do us one from scratch.
The sad thing is that another Aussie group did theirs (Cat Empire). We picked the wrong hipsters to make our song better!

Hey all. Sorry to bump this thread but I had an idea for a new song. I’ve written lyrics to the melody of ‘Feniculi Fenicula’. Let me know what you think. If it’s trash then I’ll put a pin in it. Cheers…

FOR WE ARE THE EAGLES
From Perth, the place of birth of an institution, our club is born (our club is born)
For we, stand on the shoulders of our champions, foundation formed (foundation formed)
To win, we travel all across the nation, on wings we fly (on wings we fly)
We play, to bring the flag back to our fortress, it’s rightful home (it’s rightful home)

West Coast, West Coast
Royal blue and gold
West Coast, West Coast
The premiership’s our goal
Nil to deny
We’ll show you why
We own the ground
We own the sky
For we are the mighty Eagles and we’re flying high
That's actually... pretty good. I love it.

Always been partial to WASO's renditions of our song as well.

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by The Block

Just had a crack at it. Running out to something like this would be pretty epic especially if we kept it classical as opposed to a banjo knock off. Get the WASO to do the recording.

When I did the run through, the "West Coast, West Coast" would be unreal at Optus Stadium

not sure about the nil to deny but the rest of the chorus slaps.

I like the verse, maybe some slight rewording.
Thanks for the feedback mate, much appreciated!

The idea of running out to an opera fills me with so much joy

I think, as we've seen with GWS, leaning in to the meme value is so much better than trying to make something serious and cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wasn't s**t singing it with hundreds of others after winning a flag. Song is a song, the one we used when we won in 2018 is fine and just leave it. Forever in need to change our club. Tradition will never be used as a word to describe our club in the future.
so keep/return to something that is s**t?

I love Eagle Rock but the fact that played on repeat with our actual song for an hour at the G sucks. Proves our song is s**t

Unpopular opinion but i think our 80's original song is better than GWS. At least ours is authentic and sounds like the decade our club was born in. The giants song trys hard to sound like their francise began in the 19th century.

Oh and St Kilda has the worst song in the league. Its 1 sentence on repeat..

so keep/return to something that is s**t?

I love Eagle Rock but the fact that played on repeat with our actual song for an hour at the G sucks. Proves our song is s**t

Eagle rock was the sound for it’s time to now leave the ground. I would of much preferred to hear our club song two more times.
todays version of the song is very much crap, the original versions were fine by me. Just my opinion.
Eagle rock straight to the bin however or let them use it at a wiggles concert.

"'nil to deny" could maybe be "you can't deny"?

Love the chorus. NFI idea about the first part. I can't follow the tune. I'm a footy fan, lol.
Good idea. I tried to break it down into syllables per line to work the words in and to match the music

The idea of running out to an opera fills me with so much joy

I think, as we've seen with GWS, leaning in to the meme value is so much better than trying to make something serious and cool.
Not much meme value in an opera, Geelong beat us to the punch.

Hey all. Sorry to bump this thread but I had an idea for a new song. I’ve written lyrics to the melody of ‘Feniculi Fenicula’. Let me know what you think. If it’s trash then I’ll put a pin in it. Cheers…

FOR WE ARE THE EAGLES
From Perth, the place of birth of an institution, our club is born (our club is born)
For we, stand on the shoulders of our champions, foundation formed (foundation formed)
To win, we travel all across the nation, on wings we fly (on wings we fly)
We play, to bring the flag back to our fortress, it’s rightful home (it’s rightful home)

West Coast, West Coast
Royal blue and gold
West Coast, West Coast
Nil to deny
We’ll show you why
We own the ground
We own the sky
For we are the mighty Eagles and we’re flying high

I reckon the Bocelli one seems paced wrong for this.

Below version seems better for it.

"'nil to deny" could maybe be "you can't deny"?

Love the chorus. NFI idea about the first part. I can't follow the tune. I'm a footy fan, lol.

Hopefully not too presumptious to slightly tweak it (mainly the verse)
------

From Perth, the birth of a mighty institution, our club is born (our club is born)
For we, endeavour once again to be champions, we hurry on (we hurry on)
To win, we roam across this great wide nation, on wings we fly (on wings we fly)

West Coast, West Coast
Royal blue and gold
West Coast, West Coast
Cannot deny
We’ll show you why
We own the ground
We own the sky
For we're the mighty Eagles and we’re flying high

Last edited:
Just had a crack at it. Running out to something like this would be pretty epic especially if we kept it classical as opposed to a banjo knock off. Get the WASO to do the recording.

When I did the run through, the "West Coast, West Coast" would be unreal at Optus Stadium

not sure about the nil to deny but the rest of the chorus slaps.

I like the verse, maybe some slight rewording.

Have the song stuck in my head now.

Hopefully not too presumptious to slightly tweak it (mainly the verse)
------

From Perth, the birth of a mighty institution, our club is born (our club is born)
For we, endeavour once again to be champions, we hurry on (we hurry on)
To win, we roam across this great wide nation, on wings we fly (on wings we fly)

West Coast, West Coast
Royal blue and gold
West Coast, West Coast
Cannot deny
We’ll show you why
We own the ground
We own the sky
For we're the mighty Eagles and we’re flying high
Brilliant additions mate. Much better!

Back