FTA-TV The Official Bigfooty Moon Knight Thread 🌙 (March 30 - Streaming on Disney+)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow

Things we learned

Finally Jake the snake is here!! The new mephisto!
Later gator. Think back to the start. Lators gators Steven said. He was telling us about the croc god.
Egyptian superhero! Likes the metal wings. A female falcon like. There’s gonna be some outrage and angst over a female Egyptian superhero.
There will be a sequel
Marc learned to love again

That was a surprisingly short episode especially a finale. Thought last week was the more natural time to introduce Jake, in fact I thought the moving coffin a few weeks ago it was going to happen.

Having him introduced now in the mid credits scene, not sure how I feel about that. Surely another season of this will be announced soon.

Wonder Woman Asteria suit vibes from Layla’s winged costume. The interplay between Marc and Steven is very well done. Enjoyed the transitioning between Mr Knight and Moonknight.

I liked some parts of the finale and others I didn't. I did learn tonight with a bit of internet research that Jacob was a personality of Marc's in the comics, but it seems odd how they revealed him. The production values were off the charts. However, I feel the makers tried to play us for fools with how it all played out, and that annoyed me no end. Underwhelming series overall. 5/10 (average) for the season.

Last edited:
When konshu and the croc are fighting can people see it? If so why aren’t there screaming or panic

Only avatars can, joe public cannot.

this show has had some weird affect on me. dreamt i was driving on peninsula link and talking to the mrs on the phone. nek minnut find myself in alphington en route to the airport. im confused and enter my home address into Waze. It points me further north. wtf??? i call the mrs and tell her somethings wrong. she says "im home, wondering where you are. you left the darage door open".

nek minnut im sitting in the office of my psych who is very attractive. she implies we have a date this weekend. im smiling.

wake up.

Bit of a pattern in these Disney + series’s that they don’t quite nail the landing. Enjoyed the series overall however the second last episode is usually the best imo.

This one was just too short I felt, The previous ones have been given lots of time to breathe and allow the characters to develop. Jake should have been in there earlier or perhaps not at all until the next season for me. Editing was quite choppy as well.

Oscar Isaac was brilliant in this.

Bit of a pattern in these Disney + series’s that they don’t quite nail the landing. Enjoyed the series overall however the second last episode is usually the best imo.

This one was just too short I felt, The previous ones have been given lots of time to breathe and allow the characters to develop. Jake should have been in there earlier or perhaps not at all until the next season for me. Editing was quite choppy as well.

i partially disagree. they need a mid credits scene and introducing jake has created a buzz everywhere. this means sequel and more $!

i partially disagree. they need a mid credits scene and introducing jake has created a buzz everywhere. this means sequel and more $!

Never said don’t do a mid credits scene, it’s always a thing. I’m saying as a fan of Jake’s iteration I was hoping it would’ve been fleshed out in the series itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nek minnut im sitting in the office of my psych who is very attractive. she implies we have a date this weekend. im smiling.

wake up.

images

Never said don’t do a mid credits scene, it’s always a thing. I’m saying as a fan of Jake’s iteration I was hoping it would’ve been fleshed out in the series itself.

I happy they left it as a tease tbh. There was too much other stuff to wrap up this season and as the old saying goes always leave em wanting more.

I happy they left it as a tease tbh. There was too much other stuff to wrap up this season and as the old saying goes always leave em wanting more.

Overall I got the feeling 6 episodes was too short. Can’t recall WandaVision’s total, I believe that was at least 8. Perhaps 10? I may be wrong. Hard to know what the sweet spot is, as there’s no one size fits all approach to these. In terms of Moonknight though, I felt the pacing was excellent overall however the finale itself was somewhat rushed.

Overall I got the feeling 6 episodes was too short. Can’t recall WandaVision’s total, I believe that was at least 8. Perhaps 10? I may be wrong. Hard to know what the sweet spot is, as there’s no one size fits all approach to these. In terms of Moonknight though, I felt the pacing was excellent overall however the finale itself was somewhat rushed.

Wandavision was 9 but some eps where only 20-25 mins. Overall prob works out similiar.

Wandavision was 9 but some eps where only 20-25 mins. Overall prob works out similiar.

I don’t recall them being that short. However point taken on the overall series length, which yes might be similar in total (I haven’t looked up the final tallies). Hawkeye had quite a long finale from memory.

Too convoluted for modern audiences.

They already spent basically episode 1 on high level "this is about Egyptian gods, pay attention plz" whilst teasing that Steven is Marc and mental disorder which they then use moving forward as "this your lead characters". I mean, Steven specifically holds hippo plushies for a while...

If you add a third entire character, it gets really muddy when you then have the duality of Harrow, Layla and those avatars whilst Marc is 3 people, so say the "wtf is hippo and clinical thing?" discussion across 2 episodes ends up as "story 1, story 2, story 3, actual story, side story, crux events here for finale" and it's just muddy.

So say, note no Anubis in this, since Ammit & Taweret effectively took his reason for existence, as it is Anubis who judges the hearts and Anubis who weighs them against the feather of Ma'at, Ammit just devours them, hence the last episode and well her introduction since the scales were a thing. So they tweaked the gods thus making episode 1 more important and making that god council important who was there. To then further muddy the Konshu inhabiting Marc as avatar, Steven adopting and Jake just along for the ride joke major plot oooohhhhh look Layla made a deal.

This was in effect a Moon Knight origin series, so Marcs story.

He lost his childhood.
He suffered from DID because of it.
Fast forwards happened, he and Konshu struck a deal.
Fast forward with series, Marc accepted his past and deals were accepted.
Credit teased potential futures.

Marcs flashback of Randall dead in the cave as kids removed a male Moon Knight enemy since Marcs brother in comics becomes Shadowknight. As logn story short, they both served CIA, Randall wanted to flip, killed Marcs gf, Marc ended up grenading him, randall went cray cray and he falls in eventually with Nepthys, goddess of the air.

That now doesn't happen because Randall drowned in a cave.

Editing aside since yeah, skipping all over the place, it was still a fine if short ending.

Also, Jake was likely driving the cupcake van, Jake was also likely the one who killed people via punching on in "black out" fights, so Jake has been around hence the quick "Steven what did you do? Wasn't me" line so he has been around, it's just been passed off as a black out event to move the plot via his DID slipping. This Jake reveal is just showing people that yes, he's always actually been there and he straight orchestrated getting Harrow to a car just so he can shot him a few times and murder him in cold blood.

So fact check where jake might have popped up and hoodwinked people that it was Marc or Steven doing it.

So it's not like there were things lost or not explored.

Didn't mind the series, for mine probably third behind Loki and WandaVision in the tv series.

Good:
  • Finally a series without a cameo from anyone else in the MCU. Was refreshing to have a standalone series and I feel cameos are a cheap and nasty way of exciting people now.
  • Entire cast was amazing, Hawke was let down by Harrow being slightly one dimensional
  • Loved seeing teasers of Jake and made me want more
  • Loved Layla's WW avatar

Bad:
  • Could not get into Moon Knight/Mr Knight being 100% CGI. Looked incredibly bland and felt like it stuck out like dogs balls
  • Baddie killing someone before they commit a crime? Been there done that - Winter Soldier
  • Still didn't like the court case plot hole earlier in the series where Harrow was accused of looking for Ammit and all it took was a 'no I'm not - the other guy is not of sound mind' even though they could've looked outside and seen his crew looking for her.
  • Not sure I liked Marc being killed and then bought back to life again, similar to how Moon Knight could have 10 spears through him during the Mogart scene and be okay, seemed OP

Also should Ammit have made Harrow her avatar to give him a chance of beating Moon Knight?

Last edited:
How’s about the scene when Layla is trapped against the car by virtue of MKs crescent weapon. She can’t move and a gunman is standing close and firing upon and at her. She holds one wing up to shield her head. Gunman fires straight at the wing. How about simply aiming low at her body?

Just finished this. I’m confused though, if Jake was in “Marc’s body” the whole time when he was killed, would he not have been there with the other two in the psych ward/realm? And wouldn’t the scales still be out of whack because of the bad things jake has done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back