Open the cheque book now…

Please and thank u

Yes please he would be perfect

Emerald Sun

All Australian
Mar 16, 2022
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The longer we go in 2022, the less fussed I would be if Lukosius and Rankine left.
I understand where you're coming from but I wouldn't want them to leave unless we get close to what we gave up for them.

The way they're playing that won't happen. Can you imagine the media and Big Footy pile on if they both left and became superstars!!

Would make Lyons, Brodie and co look like wins in comparison.

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I reckon Lukosius and Rankine deals get done. There is a few more off contract this season so we should be able to cut some dead wood surely

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any thoughts on Andy McGrath?
Reported to be putting off contract talks with essendon.

Similar player to buderick, just obviously much more established and better in general.

Could be a good small defender/ dynamic midfielder with a bit of pace.

Recognised leader.

Doubt he’d be wanting to come to the coast but definitely someone that would be a major boost for the club on field and reputation wise.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He doesn't seem to be impressing many so far. You think we take him anyway?
Dunno.
Obviously depends on his performance.
Was rated a top 10 pick coming into the year so clearly got some talent. Is a midfielder which we need.

I’d definitely say being Elijah’s brother gives him a little boost in our recruiters thoughts.

If he doesn’t look AFL level then no, if he looks like a late round pick, then sure. I’d be up for targeting him.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Dunno.
Was rated a top 10 pick coming into the year so clearly got some talent. Is a midfielder which we need.

I’d definitely say being Elijah’s brother gives him a little boost in our recruiters thoughts.

If he doesn’t look AFL level then no, if he looks like a late round pick, then sure. I’d be up for targeting him.
Yeah, I think it's more he seems to be sliding down the ranking in the draft watchers thread. No doubt he'll be AFL standard. Makes a lot of sense to link him with his brother.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
He doesn't seem to be impressing many so far. You think we take him anyway?
Don't think he is doing anything wrong, just others rising up past him. Rankings mean stuff all till the u/18 champs anyway. That's where you get to see the top kids all against one another

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Dunno.

Do you actually need any more young midfielders?

What’s going on with Elijah Hollands and Sam Flanders?

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You can't seriously think that?

Not sure who inside the hierarchy at the Suns cares about winning anything at the moment.

“ we believe Dew is the right person to lead the club with the relationships he has with everyone”

Who says that..
And why would you

He is out of contract..

If he doesn’t get the wins u craved last year… let alone this year..
how can u still stick up for the bloke.

Im dumbfounded really.

We should be telling him get 9 wins or your out.

Let the whole club from
Top down have the belief/knowledge that we want to win.
And won’t accept failure

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Not sure who inside the hierarchy at the Suns cares about winning anything at the moment.

“ we believe Dew is the right person to lead the club with the relationships he has with everyone”

Who says that..
And why would you

He is out of contract..

If he doesn’t get the wins u craved last year… let alone this year..
how can u still stick up for the bloke.

Im dumbfounded really.

We should be telling him get 9 wins or your out.

Let the whole club from
Top down have the belief/knowledge that we want to win.
And won’t accept failure
I mean that he is treating Flanders and Hollands like Brodie as you stated. They are young kids working on their bodies and game, not outcasts.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I mean that he is treating Flanders and Hollands like Brodie as you stated. They are young kids working on their bodies and game, not outcasts.
Young Flanders shows flashes.. gets 3 games then banished to the 2s while Rankine etc get to keep there spots.

There’s favouritism being played out.

Even playing Darcy on the weekend. Proves the point.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Young Flanders shows flashes.. gets 3 games then banished to the 2s while Rankine etc get to keep there spots.

There’s favouritism being played out.
Flanders hasn't shown much yet unfortunately, think he really needs to work on his midfield work in the VFL before he comes back in, I think he is a great prospect but has so far struggled with the AFL pace.
The club has said Elijah isn't ready yet for the rigours of AFL so will be building his body up.
We all know Izak has been struggling but who genuinely replaces him? MacPherson? Sexton? Neither of those guys have done anything for a good damn while.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Do you actually need any more young midfielders?

What’s going on with Elijah Hollands and Sam Flanders?
Yes, I don’t think we have that many genuine on ball midfielders in our squad.

Anderson
Rowell
Miller
Swallow
Fiorini

Developing
Holland
Davies

Depth
Tsitas
Constable

Flanders doesn’t seem a natural midfielder to me.
Fiorini is borderline AFL standard
Swallow not got much left

I think another young developing genuine footballer midfielder who can spend a few years in the VFL and potentially be ready to step up in a few years would be good for us.

But It’s more so the connection with his bro that I was suggesting may have SOME influence.

The Gotham Penguin

Give me fish - and The Batman!
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Kyle Langford - UFA.
Absolute no-brainer if he wants to come up.

Would solve so many problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back