The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ended up finally replacing berardi with like an hour left with ex wonderkid emanuel vignato. wanted daniel maldini first, but he turned down the contact because he thinks he'll get more playing time at milan. neither are nearly as good as berardi but he's probably a top 10 rw on the game, so no one around his level was interested in coming to sassuolo. however i now have a lot of money and still have more coming in with locatelli and boga, and the clauses from berardi, rogerio and demiral all in the multiple millions.

FIFA 22 just became live for PS Plus members so I’ve started a new career save.

Anyone started in League 2 before? Decided on Carlisle. Signed Mitch Duke and Dylan McGowan on free’s.
Camros2 and I are able to do a multiplayer career mode online on PC via PARSEC. We put Plymouth Argyle in League 2.

Going from League 2 all the way to winning the PL and CL is called a "Road to Glory".

TZzDnid.png

dont need no berardi

That's awesome! That's my long term plan haha.

Any players you recommend targeting?
Jordon Garrick (forward) and Michael Cooper (GK) are 2 Plymouth players that managed to stay with us through the whole ride due to their potential.

Gravenberch from Ajax probably our biggest signing on the limited budget we had.

Use your youth academy as well, going up the leagues is a great way to develop players, we’ve got a couple of gems in our team that came from the youth academy
That's what I've ended up doing. Using the transfer funds on scouts and youth set up.

Just to add to the freebies of Duke and McGowan.

Must be said, absolutely loving 22. Actually feels way more like a football game. Actually scoring from corners as well which is fantastic!

That's what I've ended up doing. Using the transfer funds on scouts and youth set up.

Just to add to the freebies of Duke and McGowan.

Must be said, absolutely loving 22. Actually feels way more like a football game. Actually scoring from corners as well which is fantastic!
RossFC sucks at crossing so we rarely score from Corners 🤣 🤣 🤣

Corners are terrible in the game.
Really? First time in several games I've actually been able to score from them.

Might have to play with some sliders though. I know I'm using League 2 players but at least half my passes are so severely underhit, they're intercepted so easily. Never came across that before.

Played another several games last night. Sitting 10th after 6 games. Duke has 4 in 5 games for me. Struggled to score a bit more last night though. Knocked out of the League Cup by Norwich.

I also didn't realise the Papa Johns Trophy was a round robin thing. Have to rotate my squad basically every game and I just don't have the depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squad is pretty set for year 2. Season 1 fizzled a little in the end to the mighty Bayern. Finished 3 points off them in the league, they knocked me out in penalties in the CL semi final, however I did get the win against them in the Cup Semi Final before beating Leipzig on pens in the final. I hate how one of my deals (Schlotterbeck 15m) is not included in this seasons transfer deals. But even with that still a neutral net spend for the season. Had a deal in place to get Ake for 15m but he got a red card in the cup final so I thought * him.

Squad is only 23 players strong, so I must be short somewhere. I can't really think of where too easily. But I've got 105m to spend if I need to. So I might play the first few games of the season and see where I'm looking weak and do a late deal

1652208670913.png

I'm a little bit confused as to what's actually changing? Are they suggesting they were limited creatively by Fifa? All the licensing and existing modes seem to be staying anyway.
it's a big change in name only. all they lose at this point is the fifa name.

Which realistically, no one cares about anyway. I certainly haven't bought the game all those years because it's titled 'Fifa'.
yeah and I reckon ea realised that too. Fifa wanted more money because of course they did, and I would think the only real stuff the name impacts on would be like world cup content. Which really, who cares?

yeah and I reckon ea realised that too. Fifa wanted more money because of course they did, and I would think the only real stuff the name impacts on would be like world cup content. Which really, who cares?
World Cup's weren't/aren't even in the current games anyway are they? I remember they used to bring out standalone World Cup games but I don't recall seeing one for Russia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back