On the weekend I played...

Remove this Banner Ad

This week i've played:

Under Falling Skies
Azul
Viticulture (a lot)
Coatl
Patchwork

Also picked up Tidal Blades & Juicy Fruits.

This week i've played:

Under Falling Skies
Azul
Viticulture (a lot)
Coatl
Patchwork

Also picked up Tidal Blades & Juicy Fruits.
I think you've crossed into the realm of the board game collector. Just a few to start, then 'just another one or two' regularly. Now just awaiting the first 'I needed to buy another shelf for games' post. Welcome to our not so secret Cabal. :D

I think you've crossed into the realm of the board game collector. Just a few to start, then 'just another one or two' regularly. Now just awaiting the first 'I needed to buy another shelf for games' post. Welcome to our not so secret Cabal. :D

Yeah, I think you are right :D

Just had a game of wingspan - messed up my engines early and FORGOT I could trade food two for one.

Is it good?

Is it good?
Yeah it's a good play and well produced. There is an expansion that apparently fixes a little issue with one scoring aspect usually being the decider. Look for the one that adds in "nectar" I think?

Yeah it's a good play and well produced. There is an expansion that apparently fixes a little issue with one scoring aspect usually being the decider. Look for the one that adds in "nectar" I think?

It's front and centre at my local games shop, it keeps staring at me. It's on my buy list at some point.

It's the Oceania expansion that adds in nectar.

One of us. One of us.

Sure am!

Bought Rolling Realms and Sagrada this week.

Loving Sagrada in solo mode, can smash out a game super quick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Return to Dark Tower arrived this week and first game tonight with wife and eldest child.

A balanced party helped for a hard fought victory. Eldest had character / cards that were excellent for cleansing skulls, allowing wife and I to tackle foes. The tension is there each time you drop a skull in or the tower rotates or a door is removed.

We all enjoyed it. Just wish I had skills to paint the minis (got the mini expansion, so not just cardboard tokens laid down on the board).

View attachment 1372074View attachment 1372075View attachment 1372076View attachment 1372078

I see a reprint is coming with a new expansion, how have you found the replayability of this? Any staying power?

I see a reprint is coming with a new expansion, how have you found the replayability of this? Any staying power?
So far just the two games. One 2 player with the wife and I (a win) and a 4 player (loss). I want to get back to it again, just so many games to get to. I intend to get the new expansion and Neoprene mat when the reprint goes up. I'm on a group for the game and it seems to be getting plenty of games from those who got it.

Lots of gaming this weekend. Friday night Cards against Humanity and King of Toyko with wife and kids. Saturday first go of Architects of the West Kingdom with Works of Wonder expansion (also Age of Artisans and using the Neoprene mat instead of boards). Then today friends over and played Transmission, Canvas and Return to Dark Tower. 95020408-44B6-4CA9-8EE5-07F019130EBC.jpeg 06463C4E-AA15-4E08-B9BE-C24D690051BA.jpeg 5F1DCA66-0E7A-480B-B0D9-B03E4867B87E.jpeg 9125076D-91CE-476F-A636-8DB5ADF12648.jpeg 642668E8-2AF6-46F8-80A5-D85DD9BFD7B4.jpeg 571C7F8F-9532-4757-9407-12DA8AE1472D.jpeg F4160356-EAA9-4C87-860F-28CFAA0B5BCC.jpeg C969B3E1-7D97-4E6F-8D5C-564BE08D991E.jpeg

A couple of games of Villagers this week so far, with Shifting Seasons still planned. Quick to setup and mechanics are straight forward.

The Neoprene mat add on makes it much neater on the table. After playing this and Architects of the West Kingdom on them lately going to be getting them when an option for most games going forward I think.

1153A67F-B2FB-4B1A-8A27-767B277E7F48.jpeg 28B63797-AAF0-4AD9-8B43-CA37C8813B7F.jpeg

Scythe with the Invaders from Afar expansion yesterday, all seven factions present and correct. I was landed with Togawa, which I wasn't wild about, but still managed to snatch second place; Crimea got the lollies.
A long session but a lot of fun.

Attachments

• IMG-20220731-WA0000__01.jpg
    IMG-20220731-WA0000__01.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 35
Finally wife and I have started Sleeping Gods.

View attachment 1449501View attachment 1449502

I need to work out how to get my girlfriend to play some of these more complex games... It's an ordeal trying to get her to try anything, though we managed to play Horrified on the weekend which is about as heavy as I've been able to get her to even consider 😅

She has actually shown an interest in Return to Dark Tower, hence my questioning previously 😂

I need to work out how to get my girlfriend to play some of these more complex games... It's an ordeal trying to get her to try anything, though we managed to play Horrified on the weekend which is about as heavy as I've been able to get her to even consider 😅

She has actually shown an interest in Return to Dark Tower, hence my questioning previously 😂
Return to Dark Tower is a 'One and done' each time you play, so should be easier to sell as 'if you don't like that's it'. Starting a campaign game then having to stop it (or go solo it) would be much more annoying!

Return to Dark Tower is a 'One and done' each time you play, so should be easier to sell as 'if you don't like that's it'. Starting a campaign game then having to stop it (or go solo it) would be much more annoying!

Yeah certainly appealing, and the app integration will help pique her interest...
It's the first 'complex' (from a non-gamer perspective) game she has shown much of an interest in.

If she hates it, it seems like the sort of mindless fun my gaming group would enjoy regardless so it's not a complete risk!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back