2nds AFC 2022 SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed where I said was quite happy to see Strachan get another shot at AFL, just don't go expecting him to be the messiah like some on here seem to think off of beating up on mostly suburban level rucks in the SANFL.
Even though it won’t help us win at all wouldn’t mind seeing them both play and get equal crack in ruck to see who actually is better

Even though it won’t help us win at all wouldn’t mind seeing them both play and get equal crack in ruck to see who actually is better
He deserves a crack, I mean if ROB cops a belting from whoever is ******* for Carlton tomorrow then Strachanie HAS to come in

You must have missed where I said was quite happy to see Strachan get another shot at AFL, just don't go expecting him to be the messiah like some on here seem to think off of beating up on mostly suburban level rucks in the SANFL.

Aren’t you banging on about crouch and his clearances in the same suburban level comp though?

He’s been very quiet the last couple of days. And then a few clearances in the suburban league and he can involve in the convo again.
I'm not interested in shitcanning players at the level you do so get stuffed.

Crouch was pretty good today but I would think Soligo would be the most likely to play AFL next week on today's efforts.

Parnell's passing is way overrated.

Overreaction, Pat probably only missed one or two passes all game, and was pretty dangerous with his ball movement.

Another solid game from a lad who is too advanced for the SANFL.

crouch did probably about what was expected. but to not get more kicks against our side, christ.

Personally, I'm pretty happy when Crouch isn't kicking it when he's playing as the primary inside winner.

After all, it's either a handball, or a blind kick when he's in the contest, and I'd rather him handball to more dangerous players in a running play.

Overreaction, Pat probably only missed one or two passes all game, and was pretty dangerous with his ball movement.

Personally, I'm pretty happy when Crouch isn't kicking it when he's playing as the primary ball winner.

After all, it's either a handball, or a blind kick.
if there was a side to do it against, it's ours. we made matt crouch look agile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I'm pretty happy when Crouch isn't kicking it when he's playing as the primary inside winner.

After all, it's either a handball, or a blind kick when he's in the contest, and I'd rather him handball to more dangerous players in a running play.
I like Parnell, but, like a lot of players, his short passing is erratic this year, not superb as advertised. On the other hand, his running and long passing is great. Also, a great goal.

I must say, he doesn't look like a defender to me, a bit loose on his opponent. I think he played a little bit on-ball, and he makes a great attacking player/loose man. Perhaps wing?

I'm not interested in shitcanning players at the level you do so get stuffed.

Crouch was pretty good today but I would think Soligo would be the most likely to play AFL next week on today's efforts.

My shitcanning is directed at selection philosophy, not the players. That goes for guys in terrible form like Matt as it does allowing senior players to determine if they’re uninjured enough.

The players largely perform at their limit based on various performance factors. It’s not their fault they’re selected when they shouldn’t be. David Mackay was good enough for 100 odd games. That he played near 250 is an indictment on our club’s selection philosophy.

I like Parnell, but, like a lot of players, his short passing is erratic this year, not superb as advertised. On the other hand, his running and long passing is great. Also, a great goal.

I must say, he doesn't look like a defender to me, a bit loose on his opponent. I think he played a little bit on-ball, and he makes a great attacking player/loose man. Perhaps wing?
I'll agree with you he plays very loose at times but geezus you're a hard marker if you think his kicking is anything other than top shelf.

Did you watch the match? Have a look at his first pass.
yep.. watched the entire game..

Thought the great majority of Parnells kicks (and possessions overall) were bloody great.

Especially a couple of times he went inboard with some elite passes to team mates.

yep.. watched the entire game..

Thought the great majority of Parnells kicks (and possessions overall) were bloody great.

Especially a couple of times he went inboard with some elite passes to team mates.
Agreed. His vision and game sense is great. My comment related only to the technical quality of his short passes. A lot of players seem to have a bit of trouble when they have to pull kicks.

I can't think of too many short passes from Parnell which have missed in recent times, outside the one that held up in the breeze in Q4 (I did miss Q1). Though likely there is a level of it's noticeable/shocking because it's Parnell.

Yup, half back or wing would be where I would have him (and probably half back considering Dawson/Cook at the moment are better suited to the wings). He's also rather capable forward as well (thinking of his game v Norwood last year), so you could throw him in any of the outside positions and you'd likely have a player.

Did anybody else watch the kid kicking on the telecast at 3/4 time? There was a kid kicking with an adult and the adult looked like it may have been Mark Ricciuto. The kids kicking and bouncing of the ball while running looked pretty advanced for such a small kid. Maybe I'm just looking for any positives but both me and my wife were impressed by the kid's skills.

Did anybody else watch the kid kicking on the telecast at 3/4 time? There was a kid kicking with an adult and the adult looked like it may have been Mark Ricciuto. The kids kicking and bouncing of the ball while running looked pretty advanced for such a small kid. Maybe I'm just looking for any positives but both me and my wife were impressed by the kid's skills.
roo was at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back