Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Sure, your claiming he's mediocre now but after trade periods/drafts 4-5 years ago you and many other Essendon posters were boldly claiming how amazing he was and fleecing the rest of the comp for bargains.

Probably still claiming that the pick for Saad was a bargain and you're spot on. For Carlton.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve never claimed Dodoro as a great list manager. Sure he has some good deals in isolation but I don’t think anyone has ever seen him as one of the better list managers in the comp.

Your second sentence makes it seem like you’ve developed a weird complex regarding Dodoro and the trade period.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Agree to disagree. Saads form this year has been electric. He's playing well above what he did at Essendon and that's saying something. Likely second in the BnF and that's no mean feat behind the best player in the AFL.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think real missing information is that it wasn’t a normal top 10 pick. The covid impacted surely dragged down the value of draft picks.

Saad’s a gun but look at the Dawson, Langdon, Tuohy, Hibberd and Saad to Essendon trades. Top 10 picks for running defenders is unheard of so I’m assuming that Carlton didn’t place usual top 10 pick value on the pick.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think real missing information is that it wasn’t a normal top 10 pick. The covid impacted surely dragged down the value of draft picks.

Saad’s a gun but look at the Dawson, Langdon, Tuohy, Hibberd and Saad to Essendon trades. Top 10 picks for running defenders is unheard of so I’m assuming that Carlton didn’t place usual top 10 pick value on the pick.
I think an overpay, but we were in a position to do so given all the young talent we had coming into their prime.

It will pay off if we can contend for the next 3-4 years

We have a lot of depth at hbf but saad brings a lot of points of difference due to his speed

Tylerbombers

Debutant
Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Probably fills out to Parish’s size but is slower and has a less penetrating leg. Not sure what the upside on that sort of player is? Jarryd Lyons maybe?
Hes taller then Parish so should end up a little bigger. The upside on that sort of player is Selwood or Boak.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Peter Wright, he’ll only do that a couple of times a season but otherwise he’s a beyond solid second or even third forward and relief ruck. For his whole final season at Gold Coast he played reserves, wtf goes on at the Suns? Traded for pick 55 or something

He's been a great pick up. But sometimes players need to be traded to get a kick up the arse and sometimes players flourish in a different environment.

Bombers have no tall forwards, so he has to be the tall forward target and it has worked out really well.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Peter Wright, he’ll only do that a couple of times a season but otherwise he’s a beyond solid second or even third forward and relief ruck. For his whole final season at Gold Coast he played reserves, wtf goes on at the Suns? Traded for pick 55 or something
I don't understand why Seven Seater cops so much heat. I think he's a good footballer.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Im sure Hobbs running will improve although I dont think its poor atm anyway. Boak and Selwood are still the most similar types to him.
Is his kicking at Selwood and Boaks level. I'm not sure yet. Ollie Wines would be a good benchmark.
At the least right now I can see he is a competitor!

Tylerbombers

Debutant
Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Is his kicking at Selwood and Boaks level. I'm not sure yet. Ollie Wines would be a good benchmark.
At the least right now I can see he is a competitor!
The question was "what is his upside". Im not saying he will be able to run as hard as Boak or kick as well as either of them, he could be a complete bust. However they are a similar type of player and what he should be trying to emulate in the future.

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Another great trait Hobbs has is a knack for finding space and providing an option, his teammates just haven't been using him but soon will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back