1637900140653.png

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Assume he will be used in the reserves as a senior player with a break glass in case of emergency tag for seniors

I know that they invested less cash in him than Chol but for next year I can see him being more likely best 22.

Physically is one of the more impactful players in the league with great hands. His bash and crash style is a good complement for Ben King's mobile and leaping game style and allow him to use that speed up the ground and turn his opponents around while having Levi as the deep target who will bring it to ground.

Side note, I was coaching at my son's Auskick 5 years ago with Levi's uncle and even before his late career resurgence the Suns have had real interest even then.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Could rival most of our long term players
31% career win rate.

2017 his best year
22 games, 34 goals, kicking a goal in 19/22 matches. 2.5 contested marks per game (3rd in the league)

I heard him speak on some show a few years ago and remember thinking he sounded very intelligent and a really nice genuine guy. Think he could form some great bonds and be a good on field coach for our young key position players

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He's underrated and probably better than Sam Day

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any concerns about Levi potentially not being able to cross the border for training at some point next year? The rumour is he's living just over the border in the Tweed region so he'll have to cross the QLD/NSW border for training most days.

Also do we know his vaccination status? I think the last report I saw suggested he was happy to get vaccinated in the next week or two.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Any concerns about Levi potentially not being able to cross the border for training at some point next year? The rumour is he's living just over the border in the Tweed region so he'll have to cross the QLD/NSW border for training most days.

Also do we know his vaccination status? I think the last report I saw suggested he was happy to get vaccinated in the next week or two.
No update on his Vax status are far as I'm aware, Last time we heard he was willing to get vaxxed in the new few weeks if we took him but he was waiting on a certain brand to get cleared for use in Australia (But was willing to get Pfizer if push came to shove)

He is streets ahead of Sam Day as a forward.
He's no chicken fingers but he's not exactly a smashed yam either.

One of my favourite Carlton players for years toiled one out as the only target and did it well. Your CLub. has picked up a really good person and a very under rated player - ignore his season'21 where he had to play on one leg because Carlton had a massive injury toll to all its talls. I have a bad feeling if he plays - will be very influential in a win to you blokes against us !

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think it's fair to say Levi has surprised us all with his output this year. Some thought he'd be struggling to get out of the VFL but so far he's played all 6 matches for us this season and kicked at least 1 goal in each of those matches, averaging 2 goals a game (kicked 12.5 total), 2.6 marks inside 50 a game and 1.8 contested marks a game plus the one percenters that no one talks about. The highlight for me was definitely his goal against Carlton and the jumper tug that followed. It's going to be hard to beat that one!

sGzxfWb.jpg

2017 his best year
22 games, 34 goals, kicking a goal in 19/22 matches. 2.5 contested marks per game (3rd in the league)
He's on track to kick 40+ goals for us this season. It would be an unbelievable effort from big Levi if he did end up kicking 40 snags for us this year because his career best is 34 goals as you pointed out. His goalkicking accuracy was 65.3% in his career best 2017 season and so far this year he's kicking it at 70.5% so it's wouldn't be a stretch to say he's on track to have his best season ever at the 32 years of age!

Who would have thought when we lost Ben King that we potentially had another 40+ goalkicker on our list?

KaySwizzle

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Been really impressed with Levi. He leads quite well and draws the footy to him. Yeah, his field kicking and shot at goal could be better at times (and he isn’t even the worst offender on our team by a long way) but I feel like he is playing with some confidence and passion right now. Love to see it!

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Certainly done better than I thought.
All the talk pre season was that he is there to create a contest. So to get goals at the rate we are is a nice surprise for me.

Not sure he was ever the number one target at Carlton which he is for us so there is that.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
I was pretty happy when we got Levi, and used him in case of emergencies.

Which happened to poor Benny.

Been using his body well and competes at every contest, i don't mind if he gives away the odd push as it makes the defenders think twice.

Probably Top 5 all time best marking mitts we've had, absolute bucket

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Levi deserves another shoutout after kicking the game winning goal against the Swans at the SCG yesterday. He's kicked 18 goals for the season and despite very limited opportunities, he still managed to kick two goals yesterday. Last week he was the reason we were even in the game against Collingwood. No matter how we play Levi still manages to find a way to impact the game. The guy deserves a lot of credit!

Back