Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 23, Sam Butler

Remove this Banner Ad

Could yet be the best of our 2021 draft class.
Glides over the ground, has 'time' with the ball in hand and has a great turn of pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he doesn't debut this week i'd be shocked, been hyped by the social media team which they usually do before debuts + he's been performing and super well, he has every attribute, it's ridic.

Essendon VFL was already woeful, so they were going to be even worse given the outs to the seniors. So I won't want to take too much out of that game.

But I've said it early in the thread, Butler will make it. Only thing delaying his ddebut was fitness. Surely he's got enough now.

How many has he played now?

The only thing that might hold back his debut is his fitness...
That was his 5th game. Building into some nice consistent form

Round 2: 5 Disposals 2 Tackles 1 Clearance
Round 3: 9 Disposals 4 Tackles 1 Clearance and a Goal
BYE
Round 5: 14 Disposals 1 Tackles 2 Clearance and 0.2
Round 6: 15 Disposals 0 Tackles 1 Clearance and a Goal
Round 7: 15 Disposals 1 Tackles 1 Clearance and 3.1 Goals

That was his 5th game. Building into some nice consistent form

Round 2: 5 Disposals 2 Tackles 1 Clearance
Round 3: 9 Disposals 4 Tackles 1 Clearance and a Goal
BYE
Round 5: 14 Disposals 1 Tackles 2 Clearance and 0.2
Round 6: 15 Disposals 0 Tackles 1 Clearance and a Goal
Round 7: 15 Disposals 1 Tackles 1 Clearance and 3.1 Goals
exponential growth right there.
Next week 26 disposals, 3 tackles, 3 clearances, 9 goals 3.

Pls

Sam Butler (3 goals, 15 disposals)​

“Buts had a great game for us – his energy and intensity around the footy is very exciting. I think I’ve said it before, but every time he’s near the footy, something good seems to happen. He's got explosive pace, he attacks the footy hard and got some scoreboard reward this week with three goals. He’s pushing closer and closer to an AFL selection.”

Sam Butler (3 goals, 15 disposals)​

“Buts had a great game for us – his energy and intensity around the footy is very exciting. I think I’ve said it before, but every time he’s near the footy, something good seems to happen. He's got explosive pace, he attacks the footy hard and got some scoreboard reward this week with three goals. He’s pushing closer and closer to an AFL selection.”
Debut before the bye at this rate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back