Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just checking in to see if any posters would still take Tom Powell over Jai Newcombe?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
q b by
Just checking in to see if any posters would still take Tom Powell over Jai Newcombe?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

Who cares ? None of you battling clubs will be playing finals this year,

Wouldn't be gloating too much as a Hawks fan after your cluster collapse against Essendon.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Wouldn't be gloating too much as a Hawks fan after your cluster collapse against Essendon.
We're a rebuilding side with inconsistency bound to happen. We'll bring out games like we did against the Cats and Port, but we'll do what we did against Essendon and Sydney aswell, we'll also bring out what we did against St Kilda.

You get 3 versisons of the side.

Maybe 4 with the competitive against the best (we've had some key outs with like big no1 forward, big no1 ruck being out for example) like we did against the Dees.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
The Youth at North isn't the problem, it's coaching and player development panel and 25 years and older group mainly

Kids like Jason Horne-Francis (and Sam Walsh) are very rare breeds, young studs who display clear future leadership potential only a few games into their career.

Can you honestly name right now who North's next captain will be (JH-F will be someday but too soon)

I can't think of any medium term choice right now
This 100%.

The only reason I continued to watch the horrible mess we served up on Friday night, was to watch JHF. He's the only one who competes contest to contest, from the first to last siren. He's got work rate, skills, and presence.
I'd make him captain from next year, partly to try and retain him, because every club will be after him.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Blues fans are pretty cocky these days after receiving Top 5 draft picks for the past 20 years :rolleyes:

Dees fans are similar, but at least they actually won something before they started mouthing off.

Let's see you guys at least get to a Grand Final some time this century.

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

We do, but its nice to see closet Blues supporters come out of the woodwork

You have been trash for 20 years

We rebuilt
Won a flag
Restocked
Made 4 GFs in a row, won 3
Made 2 prelims
Before you even looked like making top 4
Which you still haven't done

Pull your head in

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
We do, but its nice to see closet Blues supporters come out of the woodwork

You have been trash for 20 years

We rebuilt
Won a flag
Restocked
Made 4 GFs in a row, won 3
Made 2 prelims
Before you even looked like making top 4
Which you still haven't done

Pull your head in
Bigfooty translation:

"My team used to be good and your team used to be s**t so you're not allowed to criticise my team".

By the way, I never personally congratulated you on contributing to those grand final wins. Well done!

Bigfooty translation:

"My team used to be good and your team used to be s**t so you're not allowed to criticise my team".

By the way, I never personally congratulated you on contributing to those grand final wins. Well done!
I mean he's replying to a poster saying he can't be happy about Newcombe over Powell coz his team lost.

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bigfooty translation:

You didnt critise the teams, you critised the ability for fans of these 3 clubs to debate who had better youth

Acting like some high and mighty poster telling people what they can and cant do

Dont come in having a go at people about their sides being no good and then complain when someone lets you know your side hasnt accomplished anything

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
You didnt critise the teams, you critised the ability for fans of these 3 clubs to debate who had better youth

Acting like some high and mighty poster telling people what they can and cant do

Dont come in having a go at people about their sides being no good and then complain when someone lets you know your side hasnt accomplished anything
Mate I said nothing of the sort. Read back a few posts.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
*Dont defend posters that do that
Haha righto. If you've read some of my exchanges with that poster you'd know I've been very critical of many of their views. Truth be told I didn't read back through the chain of posts I was responding to the sentiment that just because a team has been good or bad doesn't mean fans can't have legitimate views on other teams

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Haha righto. If you've read some of my exchanges with that poster you'd know I've been very critical of many of their views. Truth be told I didn't read back through the chain of posts I was responding to the sentiment that just because a team has been good or bad doesn't mean fans can't have legitimate views on other teams
And i was responding to the sentiment that clubs cant have opinions on their teams if they wont make finals

Mate I said nothing of the sort. Read back a few posts.
🤔

I read back to work out the meaning of his reply. I hadn't read Elmer's post until he replied. Not that cryptic
2 points.

1) He literally quoted Elmer's post. If you read his you read Elmer's.

2) I was just admiring you telling someone to "read the posts" and then proceeded to claim ignorance because you said you didn't read back before replying. Practice what you preach and all. :)

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still can't believe North's 2020 picks 1 and 2 can't get a game in this team. Just dire!

I mean Phillips has been recovering from Glandular Fever for almost the entire season, but anyway.... Noble's attitude to Powell is plain weird and is one of the reasons the natives are starting to get restless towards him.

He might struggle to make the mid season draft at this point.

The season has obviously disintegrated into a shambles, we as supporters will just have to cop being the butt of all jokes from opposition fans for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
The season has obviously disintegrated into a shambles, we as supporters will just have to cop being the butt of all jokes from opposition fans for the foreseeable future.
Probably wouldn't be that way in here if your mate who's gone AWOL didn't spend the summer talking up Norths young mids, and potting Hawks and Crows lists.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I mean Phillips has been recovering from Glandular Fever for almost the entire season, but anyway.... Noble's attitude to Powell is plain weird and is one of the reasons the natives are starting to get restless towards him.

He might struggle to make the mid season draft at this point.

Absolutely not. I like North and I like their supporters in general.

But in this thread, it is fair game because of the preseason theatrics from some of your delusional cheerleaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back