Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton can't be considered a top 4 side until they start regularly beating top 8 teams. Draw has been pretty soft so far. Lots to like however.
On what planet do you live on when a team is a Game clear in 4th after 8 rounds can't be considered? You might don't think they'll make it, but of course they can be "considered".

Dees…look amazing.
Freo…wowsers. can’t see them falling out.
Bris… stars everywhere.
Blues…young guns and recruits shining.

Personally I can’t see a change from here.
No. I am being a humble Dockers fan.

As much as I love to see Freo getting top 4. I see them getting 5th or 6th.

Start of the season, I would be happy if Freo got 7th or 8th.

I won't complain if Freo finish 5th or 6th and win a home final.

Top 4 would be a bonus

Id be surprised if we made the top 4, we have played and done well against 2 most likely bottom 4 sides in recent weeks.

GWS away will be tough and they have regularly beaten us up in recent years, and Sydney are marvel the week after will be tough as well.

Realistically, we will probably drop one of them.

Still if we get to 8-4 we are doing very well.

No. I am being a humble Dockers fan.

As much as I love to see Freo getting top 4. I see them getting 5th or 6th.

Start of the season, I would be happy if Freo got 7th or 8th.

I won't complain if Freo finish 5th or 6th and win a home final.

Top 4 would be a bonus

Someone has to finish top 4. I mean Melbourne and probably brisbane are locks, but seems about 5 sides who could realistically be contenting for the other 2 spots.

Top 3 locked in. Geelong and Sydney both better than Carlton
Swans not going as well as many might think they are.
Lost to GC at home.
Only 1 good quarter against the Lions at home and were comfortably beaten.
Needed a dominant last quarter against Hawks to win.
Barely got over the line against North at home.
Lost to the Dogs who are struggling.

Carlton and Melbourne both away in the next month. Yet to play Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be surprised if we made the top 4, we have played and done well against 2 most likely bottom 4 sides in recent weeks.

GWS away will be tough and they have regularly beaten us up in recent years, and Sydney are marvel the week after will be tough as well.

Realistically, we will probably drop one of them.

Still if we get to 8-4 we are doing very well.

I think Carlton have the potential to improve a lot from now to the end of the season and will make inroads towards Brisbane and Melbourne, not necessarily on the ladder but could be playing well enough to cause an upset against them in finals. Geelong will keep picking up wins to put the pressure on though (massive game against the Saints). Sydney seem awful at the SCG which is going to be costly. Richmond an outside chance, for some reason it took until the Melbourne game a few weeks ago for the coaches to realise our gamestyle can only work if we have speed all over the ground. But we must win our next 3 going into the bye (Hawks, Essendon, Swans away) or top 4 is long gone.

Someone has to finish top 4. I mean Melbourne and probably brisbane are locks, but seems about 5 sides who could realistically be contenting for the other 2 spots.
Yeah, I only have Melbourne and Brisbane locks in my mind, which has been my view from start.
14 rounds left for rest of the top 8 to be sorted out and order can and will change many times before the dust settles.
I had us finishing 4th to 6th and not really have any reason to change my thoughts there.
I did have Dogs top four but their start been poor to the season, which has opened spots up in top four for sides like Fremantle, Carlton, Sydney , Cats and Saints to fight over. Still it not impossible for a side like Dogs to recover and still make it.

I still think Melbourne v Brisbane is the most likely grand final duo and only two teams I feel very confident in as locks for top four.
Our ruck stocks and key defence stocks are down due to injury to Pittonet and losing Liam Jones before season started and very vulnerable if injury luck does not change favourably for us.

I only think Brisbane & Melbourne are locked.

Geelong have 2x WCE & 1x North to come, they would be the top seed out of the chasing pack just because of the draw.

Fremantle next in line, do have Melbourne, Brisbane to come but they will be very hard to beat at home at in Fyfe so they are the clear 2nd seed

Sydney have shown what they can do and can back up on last year. Friday night in 2 weeks Carlton v Sydney will be interesting and might flip then around third seed

Carlton - I still don’t trust them, think they will make the 8, however not yet top 4. I think home final would be a fantastic outcome for Carlton. But they are only going to improve as the players get use to the new gameplan, so who knows what they will be capable of in 10 weeks time. Fourth seed

St Kilda - we write teams off fast, last week they where a real chance to beat the Dees, they where horrible, yet they even it up after qtr time and where coming back from Cairns, so maybe not as bad as well all think. But as it stands fifth seed.

Richmond - think like last year they are still dining out on their dynasty, so we all think it’s going to click. They beat a horrible WCE, that will be beaten a lot & then a Collingwood that is up and down. Already lost to other top 4 possibilities Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne. So they would be relying on everyone else stumbling to sneak in. Six seed

Realistically no1 else can make top 4

I only think Brisbane & Melbourne are locked.

Geelong have 2x WCE & 1x North to come, they would be the top seed out of the chasing pack just because of the draw.

Fremantle next in line, do have Melbourne, Brisbane to come but they will be very hard to beat at home at in Fyfe so they are the clear 2nd seed

Sydney have shown what they can do and can back up on last year. Friday night in 2 weeks Carlton v Sydney will be interesting and might flip then around third seed

Carlton - I still don’t trust them, think they will make the 8, however not yet top 4. I think home final would be a fantastic outcome for Carlton. But they are only going to improve as the players get use to the new gameplan, so who knows what they will be capable of in 10 weeks time. Fourth seed

St Kilda - we write teams off fast, last week they where a real chance to beat the Dees, they where horrible, yet they even it up after qtr time and where coming back from Cairns, so maybe not as bad as well all think. But as it stands fifth seed.

Richmond - think like last year they are still dining out on their dynasty, so we all think it’s going to click. They beat a horrible WCE, that will be beaten a lot & then a Collingwood that is up and down. Already lost to other top 4 possibilities Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne. So they would be relying on everyone else stumbling to sneak in. Six seed

Realistically no1 else can make top 4

Lots of people tend to write us off without knowing we have the easiest draw in the comp. we’ve still got North x2, Port x2, Bombers x2, West coast again and Gold Coast. I can see us winning all these games maybe 1 loss max.

We also have Hawks and Bombers next which should be wins. If we beat Sydney which I think we can with Dusty in. We’ll be 7-4 at the bye which could be top 4 or 1 game under. I’m pretty bullish about our chances right now.

They've got the easiest draw in the afl. I'm pretty sure they play North and WCE twice. Talk about kissed.

It’s cause we finished 12th and had a hard run at the start mate. Both Grand finalists from last year, St Kilda and Carlton who are pushing for top 4.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back