MMA-UFC UFC 274

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think McGregor is one of the only guys that can beat him in that division.

Charles gets hit… a lot. McGregor has the striking to knock him out.
Lol.

Conor hasn't bothered anyone with striking since Alvarez. You saw in the first Dustin fight once Poirer copped a clean shot he actually smiled knowing McGregor had nothing

I got dodgy streams and was out at a family do so didn't watch the card that close. Olivera did look great but he was in trouble early, got dropped a few times, awesome finish though. Rose v Esparza looked like a snoozefest. And that Ferguson KO was one of the best I've ever seen, unbelievable, how many front kicks to the head does Chandler throw anyway?

Ok so I had been at the G watching the statement be made today. Lol Aints

But seriously just got home to watch the replays

Chandler is a killer, that was as brutal a ko as you will see. Reminded me off the Silva v Belford ko but better. Now Ferguson may be finished as a contender but is still a top line fighter/ maybe a gate keeper type

Oliviera walked through Gaethje, * Charles is under appreciated. Scarry good

Having said the above, both Chandler and Oliviera get hit, which make the vulnerable

Last call. * Gaethje & Poirier talk a lot of s**t for blokes who don't like talking s**t and are both a rung below the champs

Last edited:
Ok so I had been at the G watching the statement be made today. Lol Aints

But seriously just got home to watch the replays

Chandler is a killer, that was as brutal a ko as you will see. Reminded me off the Silve v Belford ko but better. Now Ferguson may be finished as a contender but is still a top line fighter/ maybe a gate keeper type

Oliviera walked through Gaethje, fu** Charles is undef appreciated. Scarry good

Having said the above, both Chandler and Oliviera get hit, which make the vulnerable

Last call. fu** Gaethje & Poirier talk a lot of s**t for blokes who don't like talking s**t and are both a rung below the champs
C’mon man, I don’t need to cop that Saints s**t on here too

C’mon man, I don’t need to cop that Saints s**t on here too
Sorry dude.

Jokes aside, Saints are still going extremely well*

* However on the MB I will be trolling Saints fans bad

I actually think McGregor is one of the only guys that can beat him in that division.

Charles gets hit… a lot. McGregor has the striking to knock him out.
Youre taking the piss right. Gaethje and Poirier way better boxers who couldnt put him out. McGregor gets ****ed in 1 minute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Youre taking the piss right. Gaethje and Poirier way better boxers who couldnt put him out. McGregor gets f’ed in 1 minute.
Chandler also strikes harder now. Also got absorbed and finished fairly quick by Oliviera. Charles walks up to Connor and chokes him out like the b!tch he is immediately. Much as I'd love to see that happen, Connor is in no position to be wasting Oliviera's time.

Last edited:
Chandler also strikes harder now. Also got absorbed and finished fairly quick by Oliviera. Charles walks up to Connor and chokes him out like the b!tch he is immediately. Much as I'd love to see that happen, Connor is in no position to be wasting Oliviera's time.
Be one of the easier pay days of anyone's career. Easier the Khamzat getting fed Diaz.

Chandler has some serious power, Hooker is tough as hell but Chandler put him away easily, Poirier couldn't do that.

Chandler has some serious power, Hooker is tough as hell but Chandler put him away easily, Poirier couldn't do that.
Hooker is tough as hell but that Poirer fight has to have softened his chin. Coukd see Dan having a real quick drop and the Chandler finish being the first of a few

Hooker is tough as hell but that Poirer fight has to have softened his chin. Coukd see Dan having a real quick drop and the Chandler finish being the first of a few

Yeah that's true, sometimes a chin will just go, didn't hold up against Allen either (may have had something to do with a brutal weight cut as well)

Yeah that's true, sometimes a chin will just go, didn't hold up against Allen either (may have had something to do with a brutal weight cut as well)
I saw Dan fight waaaaay back in the AFC days and hes always been willing to eat one to land one.

Great for fans, terrible for a long career. 32 years old, 33 fights. Some serious miles on the chin already.

I saw Dan fight waaaaay back in the AFC days and hes always been willing to eat one to land one.

Great for fans, terrible for a long career. 32 years old, 33 fights. Some serious miles on the chin already.

Too tough for his own good. I just went looking for a training vid of his, was him sparring some Hells Angel heavyweight, he was 27-3 in kickboxing or something, can't find it. Yeah he's legit got balls there's no doubt.

Possibly unpopular opinion:

I actually think - of all the current lightweight top 10 Conor probably has a very, very good chance against Charles.

Charles fights knowing the fact if he gets knocked down he can blow the cobwebs out on the ground for a bit because people refuse to follow him down there (lately at least). Sometimes I believe even possibly flopping from heavy shots taken that that might not put him down necessarily but you couldn't blame him for going down from. Just to see if his opponent thinks he's done and will jump on him.

So to beat him without following him down - you pretty much need to separate him from consciousness on the feet.

Conor's been known to do that from time to time, obviously not for a while, but it's possible.

Possibly unpopular opinion:

I actually think - of all the current lightweight top 10 Conor probably has a very, very good chance against Charles.

Charles fights knowing the fact if he gets knocked down he can blow the cobwebs out on the ground for a bit because people refuse to follow him down there (lately at least). Sometimes I believe even possibly flopping from heavy shots taken that that might not put him down necessarily but you couldn't blame him for going down from. Just to see if his opponent thinks he's done and will jump on him.

So to beat him without following him down - you pretty much need to separate him from consciousness on the feet.

Conor's been known to do that from time to time, obviously not for a while, but it's possible.
I think he would have a decent chance, as he would of knocking anyone out. But it would be minor and certainly less now than 5 years ago. I'd be backing Gaethje or Chandler to knock someone out before I would Conor, and both have significantly better ground games than Conor.

All that being said, I would 100% watch Conor vs Oliveira, and so would everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back