Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Cyg1992

Team Captain
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Chief apparently you're playing with the big boys now!

Please stop silencing people... You absolute monster!
I can't find that post you quoted, by that Irene flowers character.

Be he is exactly the end result a steady diet of Ben Shapiro and Steve Crowder.

Thinking corporations like CNN and people like the Clinton's and Epstein are 'tEH LefT'

I couldn't give a s**t who owns Twitter as I have never used it nor will I, but to see all the usual characters who complain about gLoBaLiSt ElItEs now tugging themselves over literally the most elite and globalist person on the planet is truly breathtaking.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So when Musk acquires Twitter, when will his free speech policies come into effect? And does anyone know what the details of his human authentication policy are? If bots could get around phone number and email verifications, then how will he be able to keep them out?

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I can't find that post you quoted, by that Irene flowers character.

Be he is exactly the end result a steady diet of Ben Shapiro and Steve Crowder.

Thinking corporations like CNN and people like the Clinton's and Epstein are 'tEH LefT'

I couldn't give a s**t who owns Twitter as I have never used it nor will I, but to see all the usual characters who complain about gLoBaLiSt ElItEs now tugging themselves over literally the most elite and globalist person on the planet is truly breathtaking.
That poster has been off the rails for years.

And he wants more access to misinformation and hyperbolic opinion?

Cult of Personality.

Oh crap has his avatar got the "SafeMoon army" glowing eyes thing?

1652414394609.jpeg

Edit: No it's the "total control", Bitcoin meme. Seems to be just a loose meme around the superhero laser eyes thing meaning you're into Bitcoin and will be/are all-powerful because you see things others don't.

Last edited:

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
lol he's found a reason to walk from the deal.

Free speech is dead again, and these right wing cucks have been betrayed by another billionaire.
My take on the free speech issue is that while you can make a moral argument that a big tech company that's a public utility should protect all speech, legally, private companies aren't under any obligation to protect free speech when free speech is about protecting speech from the government. You can claim that big tech censorship sucks or is good, depending on your preference, but unless you're keen to be on social media, who gives a s**t? Get back to the real world.

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
A billionaire buys into a media landscape full of billionaires. Everyone freak out.

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
fu** any billionaire that wants to buy political and media influence, digital or not. Private media should be small and independent and not controlled by a small handful of people like Musk, Zuckerberg, Murdoch, etc.
Whether they're owned by billionaires or investment funds I don't trust any of them.

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Guy is obsessed with his rockets and his cars. The rest is a game to him, one in which he keeps his name front and centre. His spiels on free speech were so ridiculous that no one could take them seriously, least of all someone as smart as he is.

Inclined to believe he’s just ******* around, to amuse himself.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
fu** any billionaire that wants to buy political and media influence, digital or not. Private media should be small and independent and not controlled by a small handful of people like Musk, Zuckerberg, Murdoch, etc.
Agree, but Elon is the best of that bunch. If billionaires owning media is a thing, who would be your billionaire of choice?

Back