Prediction Next coach to be sacked. With Poll

Which coach will be the next to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying he will be sacked but I agree that Adam Simpson looks cooked right now at the Eagles.
He looks likes he's 60yo. Proverbial frog on a frying pan.

Would probably be best for him and the club if he took some time off. Dude should just take a holiday. Eagles can start fresh. It's a win:win if they part company on good terms.

Maybe he can go North in 2024 after taking 12 months off to recharge his batteries.
Not saying he will be sacked but I agree that Adam Simpson looks cooked right now at the Eagles.
He looks likes he's 60yo. Proverbial frog on a frying pan.

Would probably be best for him and the club if he took some time off. Dude should just take a holiday. Eagles can start fresh. It's a win:win if they part company on good terms.

Maybe he can go North in 2024 after taking 12 months off to recharge his batteries.

or go now, recharge for a few months and take over north at end of season. Noble can't get another year, he needs to be gone weeks ago

Noble is safe for now. After the thing with Shaw, the club wants stability I imagine. I reckon he'll coach at least until the end of next year - even if these thumpings continue.

or go now, recharge for a few months and take over north at end of season. Noble can't get another year, he needs to be gone weeks ago
IMO, Noble will get another year.
He got the job off the back of a one year coach, and essentially two complete resets inside about 13 months, and arguably three in three years. Given the state of the list, how little of it was settled and how little of it is his in his second year, he hasn't been given a chance yet. And its not like North have the money for a proven successful coach.
There also needs to be some stability. The simple fact is, there's not much that can be done with a team that doesn't have the ability to compete at SANFL level. It would not matter what coaching was available, this is not a team that should win a match (or even a quarter) at AFL level in 2022 or probably 2023. (Bearing in mind, West Coast did not field an AFL level team.)

IMO, Noble will get another year.
He got the job off the back of a one year coach, and essentially two complete resets inside about 13 months, and arguably three in three years. Given the state of the list, how little of it was settled and how little of it is his in his second year, he hasn't been given a chance yet. And its not like North have the money for a proven successful coach.
There also needs to be some stability. The simple fact is, there's not much that can be done with a team that doesn't have the ability to compete at SANFL level. It would not matter what coaching was available, this is not a team that should win a match (or even a quarter) at AFL level in 2022 or probably 2023. (Bearing in mind, West Coast did not field an AFL level team.)

$ shouldn't be an issue, but accept they may be. With the AFL forever centralising game revenue, every single club should be guaranteed the $ required to spend both player and footy dept caps.

The out of contract crew Cameron, ratten, Noble, dew and Chris scott

All vulnerable for various reasons

The out of contract crew Cameron, ratten, Noble, dew and Chris scott

All vulnerable for various reasons

Bump. Bad 24 hours for Noble.

Personally I think North would be mad to give him the heave ho.

Leon Cameron.

GWS still have one of the best lists in the league, probably the top midfield on paper. Should be still in a Prem window

Problem is that their game tactics are a dumpster fire. That's all on coaching

It's nuts.
He's done 9 years straight at the Eagles and immediately before that several years at the Hawks

Dude should take next year off by mutual agreement.

How greedy are these blokes?

He can't need the coin.

Clarko did 17 years straight. We were top 4 in his 13th year.

Sheedy did about 30 years - though his peak was fairly early on if you exclude the salary cap fraud flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko had double the years.

Scott and Longmire are more than 10 years. Hardwick is close to 10 years. Cameron is at 8 isnt he?

Cameron is done.

Simmo is on the bottom.

If Simmo wasnt on the bottom with a % of 50 then it wouldnt be a problem. But it is.

Clarko and Horse have never been in that position. They are also outliers. Scott make the finals almost every year and Hardwick just won 3 flags. So very very different circumstances.

Not only is Simmo on the bottom - the list profile is screwed. They aint bouncing back anytime soon. Its a 3+ year exercise.

Not saying Simmo should retire completely. I'm saying do a Buckley. Take a year off then come back at another club in 2024.

I'd be shocked if Leon was sacked regardless of how bad this season continues to possibly go. I think it's more likely both club and him have already had conversations that it's time the players heard another voice if results weren't in his favour, which they certainly aren't.

I dont think Melbourne would do well with 15 players out. No coach would be getting wins for them.
Is it really "15 players out"?

I see Allen, Sheed, NicNat and Yeo. That's about it. Dogs have 14 "out" if you look at their injury list.

Also if you want to play Allen fwd then Darling or Kennedy need to get out of the way. I dont see any improvement in them next year with a full squad. Kennedy, Hurn, Nicnat and Shuey are all cooked.

So they really dont have has much "out" as is being made out. The idea they are going to somehow magically come good is a bit of a fallacy. The actually lost 7 of their last 9 games of 2021. So the idea this is just a bad run because of covid just isnt correct. They have been down for quite a while now.

Simmo is on the bottom.

If Simmo wasnt on the bottom with a % of 50 then it wouldnt be a problem. But it is.
Agree.

Postet earlier here that he probably is pretty safe. One last roll of the dice and then start a rebuilt if that doesn't work. With him staying unless he is not seen as the man for a rebuilt.

But how thing are shaping he looks in grief danger. All that covid(injury s**t is not his fault, but that nightclub stuff to go with it doesn't make the club's leadership look great. And coaches mostly the ones to suffer first.

Having talked about leadership: After watching last weekends Eagles game: Their 2nds team really looked more spirited then North against us with about the same result. Not really a good look for Noble either.

I see Allen, Sheed, NicNat and Yeo. That's about it. Dogs have 14 "out" if you look at their injury list.

Also if you want to play Allen fwd then Darling or Kennedy need to get out of the way. I dont see any improvement in them next year with a full squad. Kennedy, Hurn, Nicnat and Shuey are all cooked.

So they really dont have has much "out" as is being made out. The idea they are going to somehow magically come good is a bit of a fallacy. The actually lost 7 of their last 9 games of 2021. So the idea this is just a bad run because of covid just isnt correct. They have been down for quite a while now.

It was a few weeks ago. Not now. By now it looks like they have all pretty much given up and are looking forward to the end of season and starting again next year.

Can't imagine Hurn and Kennedy getting another year. Shuey would even be lucky to get another.

Our injury list doesn't appear to list covid outs and not updated since May 3 but there is more than 4 on it. Official AFL Website of the West Coast Eagles

Back