• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Need to ditch Sloane as well.
I'm not against keep guys like him on, bleeds for the club and would be well onboard to take massive pay cuts for the future of the club (and with his knee). He'd only be up for 12 month contracts now, so not as risky as a multi-year deal. Hes a great culture player.

I'm not against keep guys like him on, bleeds for the club and would be well onboard to take massive pay cuts for the future of the club (and with his knee). He'd only be up for 12 month contracts now, so not as risky as a multi-year deal. Hes a great culture player.
He definitely is contracted for 2023 I thought?

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Absolutely agree money talks, but our offer would have to be substantially more. I don’t know how we’re positioned with available money and cap space.
Only possible if we do the deal end of this year as we will have a higher pick then Port Power and JUH want to leave at end of this year.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah agreed, he wont come to us and to be honest we are not that far ahead of North, perhaps with a slightly better Coach.

Feels like the AFL can't afford for him to leave North and while they can't do it publically they will do everything they can in the background to stop it from happening.

Port will find a way, but I don't think they could get him and Luko either.
We would likely be able to give north a better deal, and probably pay him more
Never say never

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
His future (even current) marketability alone would help pay back some of the costs to get him here. Him, Rachelle, and Thillthorpe could be poster boys in Adelaide for the next ten years
They are the Key Three I'd almost add Butts as well. The 4 Horseman of the Adelaide Football club revival!

Top 5 pick McAsey and Sholl for a player who doesn't want to be at that club is as good an offer as they'll get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Indeed. The trade would have to be the most outrageous trade of all time. Think about what North knocked back for pick 1 and then times it by 3.
No untried player is worth that. At the most, he would be worth a very high first round pick (maybe plus a player we don't want.)
Even then, we would have to wait until the end of next year and probably finish bottom. That may not be attractive to him.

Do you have any idea what his problem is? I find the "wanting to come home ASAP" as a little immature, pathetic, and unbelievable.
If he doesn't like playing in a bad team, then tough! In any case, has he actually played out of his skin so far? I don't think so.
I'm not sure I want a player like that.

I'll say this - the Crows have strategically positioned themselves financially for a big tilt at free agency this year and next year. If, and it's still a big IF, Horne-Francis was on the table, you would be mad not to use your available finances to entice him with a huge offer.

Surely North Melbourne would also have heaps of cap space. Their list is s**t

You know - As much as getting JHF in via trade would likely be beneficial to us in the short term

It would be bad for the league in the long term.

What's the point of a draft, if players start demanding trades after 1 year.
It means the strong clubs who are at the top can get in the ear of players pre-draft. Commit to trading after a year. Then it leads to players not signing extensions and screwing over the club after 1-2 years.

Do we really want to see Jack Gunston situations on the regular?

I feel that would be bad for the league, and the game as a whole.

How would you feel if Rachele turns around after Rd 22, packs his bags, flys back to Melbourne, never returns and says trade me to Carlton?

Extend the automatic 1st round contract from 2 to 3 years, then make them unable to be traded in their first 2 seasons in the league.

And this isn't about me not wanting JHF. It's about me believing that getting a precedence like this, could disrupt the balance of the competition. Make it harder for rebuilding clubs to rebuild, and prolong a teams era of dominance.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No untried player is worth that. At the most, he would be worth a very high first round pick (maybe plus a player we don't want.)
Even then, we would have to wait until the end of next year and probably finish bottom. That may not be attractive to him.

Do you have any idea what his problem is? I find the "wanting to come home ASAP" as a little immature, pathetic, and unbelievable.
If he doesn't like playing in a bad team, then tough! In any case, has he actually played out of his skin so far? I don't think so.
I'm not sure I want a player like that.

Look at the offers North got for pick 1 just so clubs could draft him, now that he’s playing he’s only increasing his value every week. He’s not going back to Adelaide. He couldn’t wait to get out of there.

Back