News & Events General Tennis News

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Lol unjust war is not okay either. I'm sorry but people getting upset over this more than the war happening atm just makes me shake my head

Lol dont just use an obviously bigger issue just to grandstand on to try to win the argument. Not a single person thinks a Wimbledon ruling is more harmful than War but this is the tennis forum where people are discussing the tennis news. Very easy to be against both things

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
AELT decision to ban Russia and Belrussian players is absurb especially for Sablenka who made it to the semis last years. Will she lose her points? And why should she when the ban was not of her doing. Rublev I think will find it the hardest as he is not that bad on grass plus he loves the sport. Not only are players ban but Wimbledon will not be shown in either country. The tv contracts have been ripped up.
Can the players sue the AELTA for loss of points, endorsements, money etc. It is not only Wimbledon but all grass tournaments in England. You never know maybe the war might end and things can go back to some kind of normality.

Lol dont just use an obviously bigger issue just to grandstand on to try to win the argument. Not a single person thinks a Wimbledon ruling is more harmful than War but this is the tennis forum where people are discussing the tennis news. Very easy to be against both things

Lol grandstand to win an argument. Yep, that's what I'm trying to do here.

I don't think we should be banning players that's something out of their control but any possible thing that can be done to put pressure on the Russian dictatorship even if it's as small and insignificant as banning players from a tennis tournament then that's what they should do.

I just can't upset by an unjust when there's a much bigger unjust at play too.

This is not the first example of this happening either....

AELT decision to ban Russia and Belrussian players is absurb especially for Sablenka who made it to the semis last years. Will she lose her points? And why should she when the ban was not of her doing. Rublev I think will find it the hardest as he is not that bad on grass plus he loves the sport. Not only are players ban but Wimbledon will not be shown in either country. The tv contracts have been ripped up.
Can the players sue the AELTA for loss of points, endorsements, money etc. It is not only Wimbledon but all grass tournaments in England. You never know maybe the war might end and things can go back to some kind of normality.

I would imagine points won't be an issue as the ATP and WTA have come against this and they run the rankings

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Lol grandstand to win an argument. Yep, that's what I'm trying to do here.

I don't think we should be banning players that's something out of their control but any possible thing that can be done to put pressure on the Russian dictatorship even if it's as small and insignificant as banning players from a tennis tournament then that's what they should do.

I just can't upset by an unjust when there's a much bigger unjust at play too.

This is not the first example of this happening either....

Well then you do think they should be banned for something they have no control over dont you?

Hurting innocent individual X because that might in turn hurt guilty party B is a ****ed up mentality imo

Well then you do think they should be banned for something they have no control over dont you?

Hurting innocent individual X because that might in turn hurt guilty party B is a f’ed up mentality imo

It's war where people are getting killed every day. That's what I would like to be stopped

Lol unjust war is not okay either. I'm sorry but people getting upset over this more than the war happening atm just makes me shake my head

We are not getting more upset than the Ukraine situation - The fact is politicians never suffer from sanctions which they implement - It's always others that suffer, and many who can ill afford to suffer - I'll add, I am happy if there is no Wimbledon which I proposed in an earlier post - The irony is that it's you who would seem to be unhappy if there is no wimbledon.

We are not getting more upset than the Ukraine situation - The fact is politicians never suffer from sanctions which they implement - It's always others that suffer, and many who can ill afford to suffer - I'll add, I am happy if there is no Wimbledon which I proposed in an earlier post - The irony is that it's you who would seem to be unhappy if there is no wimbledon.

Why would there be no Wimbledon?

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
If some players arent allowed to play then no one should be allowed... its not fair to players who are defending lots of points because some crazed man is invading another country. Not one tennis player i believe supports the crazed man so why are they been punished. The rankings shouldnt be affected because of a decision like this

Back