Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Run Too Far

Rookie
Nov 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 of the top 15-20 from all time fighting in our lifetime is pretty lucky. Floyd and Manny wont be replicated but fu** Bud and Spence tbh. Should have fought each other by now and both will avoid Boots too

Canelo beats GGG i think then probably Charlo. Wonder if he tries lhw again though, doesnt have the size but seems like a crazy campaigner who will go again
Jaron will be lucky to get an opponent lol. He is a freak, rare mix of supreme skill and great genetics (athletic freak). He could be anything, might struggle to get good odds on him haha.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Canelo is a good fighter but honestly he gets so much love from the judges I thought he lost both ggg fights

I thought he definitely lost the first one, the second one could have gone either way from memory.

Good on him though, feels like he's finally found his ceiling. Ridiculous he's even taking fights at LHW let alone against legit guys in that division (I think Kovalev was an opportunistic cherry pick)

Cattery

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Canelo is a good fighter but honestly he gets so much love from the judges I thought he lost both ggg fights

Thought GGG definitely won the first, second one could have gone either way IMO. You're not wrong about the judges, one even had him drawing with Mayweather in a fight where he was clearly outclassed.
Just saw the judges scorecards and they unbelievably had Canelo winning the first four rounds, must have been watching a different fight then everybody else.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gallen v Terzievski Wednesday. Looking at Terzs record i have no idea why odds are where they are. Gallen at 1.64 against a guys whos best win is Hunter Sam and lost to Opelu. Most wins are losing records

Think Gallen will have had more professional camps over a longer period and his preparation is 2nd to none. Im betting him

Garside, Nikita and Goodman on the card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't know the guys in the first vid, but I'll be watching.

Is that Nader Hamdan's boy I assume? He fought on one of the recent cards I think.

Pumped for tomorrow night, I say it a lot but the Wednesday cards are the best. And how good is this one, Gallen, Garside and Tszyu, and now this one!

Is that Nader Hamdan's boy I assume? He fought on one of the recent cards I think.

Pumped for tomorrow night, I say it a lot but the Wednesday cards are the best. And how good is this one, Gallen, Garside and Tszyu, and now this one!
Best Oz card in a long long time

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Not arguing but how far has promotion come in this country when we are saying that about Garside/Nikita as rookies and Gallen...

Im sure there have been better but its great the masses are pumped for more regional stuff.

Around 20 years ago the Friday night fights really got going, was awesome! We got to see Katsidis, Danny Green, the Husseins, Shannon Taylor and heaps of others. Also the local stalwarts like Nader Hamden, Nathan Sting, Ian McLeod, Jason Delisle, Bob Mirovic, the list goes on.

Yeah there's always demand for local fights, just don't know if it's big enough to justify big investment, would be interesting to see the numbers.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Around 20 years ago the Friday night fights really got going, was awesome! We got to see Katsidis, Danny Green, the Husseins, Shannon Taylor and heaps of others. Also the local stalwarts like Nader Hamden, Nathan Sting, Ian McLeod, Jason Delisle, Bob Mirovic, the list goes on.

Yeah there's always demand for local fights, just don't know if it's big enough to justify big investment, would be interesting to see the numbers.
Wasnt that long ago the Moloneys were on the verge of title shots and no one knew who they were and now we have Garside getting the star treatment. Good stuff, see how we go a couple years from now. Imagine if one or all of Tim, Kambosos, and Opetaia are champs on top of it...

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'll get on to it...
I think the guys name is Trent Girdham
Mouthed off at a weigh in about 4 months ago , his opponant had a real 'wtf' look on his face .....had no idea it was coming
Was in the entourage/corner of another fight and got lippy to his stablemates opponant .

Not sure if he actually can fight ....seems a real half back flanker though 🙂

rank and file

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park
Gallen v Terzievski Wednesday. Looking at Terzs record i have no idea why odds are where they are. Gallen at 1.64 against a guys whos best win is Hunter Sam and lost to Opelu. Most wins are losing records

Think Gallen will have had more professional camps over a longer period and his preparation is 2nd to none. Im betting him

Garside, Nikita and Goodman on the card. Be a fun one... to stream via dodgy websites
Screenshot_20220511-161251_Chrome.jpg

Good enough for me,I'm in the load right up camp.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Odd numbered rounds so far. 7 rounder then 5 rounder. Makes much more sense than 4/6/8, less room for draws. Cant remember this happening anywhere previously but im sure it has/does

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I’ll give Gallen his due he’s been great At getting eyes on young fighters

I read comments in a Facebook group today calling Gallen a bum and taking money off other boxers, couldn't be further from the truth, shits me these old pricks in boxing who can't see the bigger picture.

Great effort by Garside, good to see him eventually get the stoppage. Nikita Tszyu could be a star, feel like his fights will be unmissable

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Don't mind that Tszyu intro music.

Sure beats lame s**t like 'Horses'. Still can't believe someone called 'Headsplitter' walks out to such soft s**t.

Back