Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

I will forgive Robbo for calling him Nathan during the interview as he was probably thinking of Nat Fyfe, our next best player after Chappy 😉

Robbo may've been thinking of Nathan Chapman who played for Brisbane and Hawthorn.

Very shy and humble kid. But saying that Hayden Young can bring the dog if he's watching, rather than asking him in person as Robbo requested, is a boss move.

Heath did well to give an answer to some really dumb questions.

Same on 6PR last night. Heath was fairly curt with his answers but answered the question; much like his kicking - straight to the point in question. The reality is that I am sure the interviewers (and often the listeners/viewers) are expecting a kind of elongated philosophical response, when the reality is that it is pretty much "I kicked the ball and it went in the back of the net" (Monty Python was so ahead of it's time).

Same on 6PR last night. Heath was fairly curt with his answers but answered the question; much like his kicking - straight to the point in question. The reality is that I am sure the interviewers (and often the listeners/viewers) are expecting a kind of elongated philosophical response, when the reality is that it is pretty much "I kicked the ball and it went in the back of the net" (Monty Python was so ahead of it's time).

As well as the interview he did on Monday which I haven't watched yet, he did 6pr, 3aw, Sen and Fox on Tuesday ...but some of the questioning in the Fox interview like Gerard's question about "Joondalup" were like Hamish with the kids at half time on a Friday night. Pathetic.

This is, of course, symptomatic of a new breed of footballer.

As well as the interview he did on Monday which I haven't watched yet, he did 6pr, 3aw, Sen and Fox on Tuesday ...but some of the questioning in the Fox interview like Gerard's question about "Joondalup" were like Hamish with the kids at half time on a Friday night. Pathetic.
I noticed Heath basically ignored that question re Joondalup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the 2020 draft will go down as a bit of a fizzer from what I've seen so far. Think we'll be one of the few clubs that have done very well out of it. Chappy to be consensus number 1 player from that draft when it's all said and done

I think the 2020 draft will go down as a bit of a fizzer from what I've seen so far. Think we'll be one of the few clubs that have done very well out of it. Chappy to be consensus number 1 player from that draft when it's all said and done
Just had a look and besides the Talls there really isnt much is there?

What a steal from us (and totally justifies us throwing in Henry as a free shot basically)

What a steal from us (and totally justifies us throwing in Henry as a free shot basically)
Draft entirely hinges on at least 2 of Thilthorpe, JUH and McDonald coming on, otherwise it's extremely slim pickings.

Perkins is probably in the top 3 atm. I would also argue Bowey at Melbourne could be the best player from that draft at the moment, 15 games 15 wins and contributes well ( yet to be dropped in a premiership team).

Last edited:
particularly given how someone like Tom Powell has barely played this season which seems bizarre

Perkins is probably in the top 3 atm. I would also argue Bowey at Melbourne could be the best player from that draft at the moment, 15 games 15 wins and contributes well ( yet to be dropped in a premiership team).
Gulden goes alright...

Noddy wouldn't be too far off the top 6-8 in a re-draft

Chappie number 1 for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back