Position 2022 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

FMJ0F5IVgAMd3BX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My defenders are Hewett, Sicily, Dawson, Short, Cumming with NOD, McCartin and SDK. Sicily inj. replacement for McInerney round 2, Cumming brought in round 8.

With McCartin and SDK being so consistent and still making cash I am happy to field them both if Hewett misses again.

Last premo? Stewart is the standout with all the home games, but a good case can be made for Crisp, Docherty and maybe Zorko. Would also ideally like to keep one of McCartin or SDK as D7 if possible.

Still not sure about Dawson but he was an original pick and he pulled his finger out last game. Like Cumming's role. Takes the kick-ins, is a decent defender so can take contested intercepts, which are gold, and good by foot. He seems to be the one GWS defender who has improved from last year.

Ultimately it may come down to value between my shortlisters as I am getting my presumed last mid next round. Stewart's mammoth score was a blue moon performance.

View attachment 1397170

Looks ok to me, bit of a rollercoaster, which I usually avoid, but need a pod to liven things up a bit.
Lock it in!
I was keen on him a few weeks back in that sweeper role, but I have gone cold on him - he’s just not worth the injury concerns.

I have enough durability issues in my team, exhibit A: I’m trading in Darcy this week :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blicavs or Dawson?
I'd go Blicavs out of those two.
Is in good form and more importantly has a fantastic SC friendly role right now. Been knocking on the door of primo status for a couple of yrs.
He's gone up a notch. Might even go really big one of these weeks.
Dawson's score was like Gull...inflated a tad by kick-ins. They are still using him in a variety of roles and scoring isnt showing up to be top 6-10. He's a 95-100 for mine and we need to be trading in guys with higher ceilings and potential.

I'd add Zorko to that list, but i assume the choices is a bye thing.

I'd go Blicavs out of those two.
Is in good form and more importantly has a fantastic SC friendly role right now. Been knocking on the door of primo status for a couple of yrs.
He's gone up a notch. Might even go really big one of these weeks.
Dawson's score was like Gull...inflated a tad by kick-ins. They are still using him in a variety of roles and scoring isnt showing up to be top 6-10. He's a 95-100 for mine and we need to be trading in guys with higher ceilings and potential.

I'd add Zorko to that list, but i assume the choices is a bye thing.
i was looking at zorko but need an extra $1000.

I'm keen on Blicavs but worried about Stanley coming back and taking the ruck

i was looking at zorko but need an extra $1000.

I'm keen on Blicavs but worried about Stanley coming back and taking the ruck
There's a role concern with just about all of them. That Begg dude at Pies could be earmarked this week to take a bigger ruck role and suddenly some will claim Darcy Cameron was an obvious bad pick.
Based on recent seasons there's a 90ish floor under Blicavs regardless of Stanley. At worst he'd be scoring like Ridley and be just another needing a late season upgrade...at best he can go 110-115. I cant see Dawson matching that or close to a top 6-8 def anyway, and on current output he'd likely need a luxury upgrade also. If it wasnt for that nagging injury concern with Zorko we'd be all over him this week i reckon....he's the one that could be the proper top 6 def w'd like. Has a good bye as well if u can find the $1000.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back