Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi PMBangers. Long time reader, first time replier.

Who is the top ranked skinny half back flanker in your rankings?
Hey mate, appreciate you reaching out. Most of the flankers in my top 35 are actually decently sized, but Sam Gilbey (Claremont) and Finn Emile-Brennan (Dandenong) would fit the bill pretty well

Hey mate, appreciate you reaching out. Most of the flankers in my top 35 are actually decently sized, but Sam Gilbey (Claremont) and Finn Emile-Brennan (Dandenong) would fit the bill pretty well
Bastyy I think I know who we're drafting at pick 18. 🤗

Parochial view but Vickery and Scholtes from Gippsland Power. Both playing defensive roles behind Schuback but both excellent by foot and good decision makers.

Hey PMBangers where would Ramsden, Culley, Eyers and Hall-Kahan be rated amongst this year’s draft crop?

Did I miss any other top young mid season prospects?
Culley would probably be top 20, ticks a lot of boxes as a big bodied midfielder and the improvement from last year has just been phenomenal. He did have midfield opportunities last season but didn't quite grasp them, so to see him come out and dominate from the start has been impressive. Ramsden, Hall-Kahan and Eyres would probably be closer to 30-45 range, each have a lot of positives but haven't really dominated like you want 19 year olds to do. Hall-Kahan I really like but I'm not sure if his role as a deep forward target translates super well at his height, would love to see him get some wing action or play a full game as a high half forward, he's looked good as that link up player when he has gotten further up though.

Got most, the only one playing NAB League I'd also have top 40 is Massimo D'Ambrossio from the Jets, really good user and smart reader of the play in the defensive half, but unfortunately size does work against him. I hope clubs see the success of Daniel, Baker and Bowey as short defenders and someone gives him a shot, because he just looks like he'd fit in at the level

Jes.., almost like getting the NSW baggy blue and and an instant entry into the national cricket side.

But fair play.....I don't look at your state prospects either.
I do watch WAFL colts, you can see the players I rate as top 20 prospects in the second post of the thread 🥳

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You even picked my boy Steely Green in the Bigfooty mock draft you bastard!
That was pretty cool. I just don't think he is a big chance apart from maybe a rookie but it was awesome to see. Reuben Ginbey (EP) is one who I think will get drafted who has fallen beneath the radar here. I think Jordyn Baker (EP) is in the mix, plus an overager in Angus Laurisson (SD). Also over here there is a lot of hype around Mitch Barron (CL) and Daniel Gathercole (WP).

On a 2023 note, Koltyn Tholstrup (S) will be a top 5 pick...maybe even number 1. And that's saying something ahead of Daniel Curtin (CL) but things change and things have changed.

Last edited:
Culley would probably be top 20, ticks a lot of boxes as a big bodied midfielder and the improvement from last year has just been phenomenal. He did have midfield opportunities last season but didn't quite grasp them, so to see him come out and dominate from the start has been impressive. Ramsden, Hall-Kahan and Eyres would probably be closer to 30-45 range, each have a lot of positives but haven't really dominated like you want 19 year olds to do. Hall-Kahan I really like but I'm not sure if his role as a deep forward target translates super well at his height, would love to see him get some wing action or play a full game as a high half forward, he's looked good as that link up player when he has gotten further up though.

Got most, the only one playing NAB League I'd also have top 40 is Massimo D'Ambrossio from the Jets, really good user and smart reader of the play in the defensive half, but unfortunately size does work against him. I hope clubs see the success of Daniel, Baker and Bowey as short defenders and someone gives him a shot, because he just looks like he'd fit in at the level
Couldn’t agree more about Massimo

Culley would probably be top 20, ticks a lot of boxes as a big bodied midfielder and the improvement from last year has just been phenomenal. He did have midfield opportunities last season but didn't quite grasp them, so to see him come out and dominate from the start has been impressive.

Could Culley be the hottest MSD prospect since Kyle Dunkley?

Big body mid, started the season well, dominated the Young Guns game, talked up as a potential top 30 pick in the national draft...

Could Culley be the hottest MSD prospect since Kyle Dunkley?

Big body mid, started the season well, dominated the Young Guns game, talked up as a potential top 30 pick in the national draft...
Think he has to be at this stage, maybe that's to do with the fact that the bottom 3 teams could all do with a player of his sort, probably the bottom 5 in fact, and they could all believably be selecting at Pick 1, but to me he offers a nice mix of what got people excited about Edwards and to a degree Dunkley, seems to have a bit of natural improvement left in him like Edwards but could arguably impact immediately like Dunkley (theoretically) could

AFL Round 8 Rolling Mock Draft
zRound 8 rmd.PNG
A little late but here regardless. not a whole heap of movement in and out of the top 20 at this stage but some major movers within it. I'll start with the note that Ashcroft and Fletcher are F/S picks, I know Brisbane doesn't have those picks!

Moving on, the main riser has been Tom Scully. I've been probably the most critical on the board on Scully as he hasn't really added many dimensions to his game from last season, just gotten superbly good at his craft, but his most recent match has me excited given I felt he lifted in some of the areas I thought he was a little lacking in, his application/ execution at ground level was really good and it felt like he was dangerous whenever it was inside 50, not just when he was on the lead. It's one game, but if he can keep it up he'll have answered my (admittedly irrelevant) questions pretty well, still would like to see him outside the forward 50 when the ball is in defence, but that could be a coaching instruction more than anything.

Busslinger's start to the season has been undeniably good, in a similar sense to Broadbent I really don't think they're gaining anything playing WAFL Colts anymore, unless they move positions there's not much more they can do at that level given the quality of opposition in comparison to them. A big reason for Busslingers 'rise' within the mock draft for me has more to do with the tiers of talent becoming a bit clearer than anything though, right now I think Wardlaw and Ashcroft are a clear top 2, with the next 6 players the next group. This comes with the asterisk of I'm still holding stocks on Lemmey, had a shakey start to the season but hopefully with some consistency in just playing games he starts to show us what he's about again

View attachment 1396991
A little late but here regardless. not a whole heap of movement in and out of the top 20 at this stage but some major movers within it. I'll start with the note that Ashcroft and Fletcher are F/S picks, I know Brisbane doesn't have those picks!

Moving on, the main riser has been Tom Scully. I've been probably the most critical on the board on Scully as he hasn't really added many dimensions to his game from last season, just gotten superbly good at his craft, but his most recent match has me excited given I felt he lifted in some of the areas I thought he was a little lacking in, his application/ execution at ground level was really good and it felt like he was dangerous whenever it was inside 50, not just when he was on the lead. It's one game, but if he can keep it up he'll have answered my (admittedly irrelevant) questions pretty well, still would like to see him outside the forward 50 when the ball is in defence, but that could be a coaching instruction more than anything.

Busslinger's start to the season has been undeniably good, in a similar sense to Broadbent I really don't think they're gaining anything playing WAFL Colts anymore, unless they move positions there's not much more they can do at that level given the quality of opposition in comparison to them. A big reason for Busslingers 'rise' within the mock draft for me has more to do with the tiers of talent becoming a bit clearer than anything though, right now I think Wardlaw and Ashcroft are a clear top 2, with the next 6 players the next group. This comes with the asterisk of I'm still holding stocks on Lemmey, had a shakey start to the season but hopefully with some consistency in just playing games he starts to show us what he's about again
Clearly fraudulent, GWS have picked a tall here instead of best available mid. Go back and do some research mate

View attachment 1396991

Where do you have an Alwyn junior bid coming at this stage? Before or after 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back