Prediction Next coach to be sacked. With Poll

Which coach will be the next to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Is it really "15 players out"?

I see Allen, Sheed, NicNat and Yeo. That's about it. Dogs have 14 "out" if you look at their injury list.

Also if you want to play Allen fwd then Darling or Kennedy need to get out of the way. I dont see any improvement in them next year with a full squad. Kennedy, Hurn, Nicnat and Shuey are all cooked.

So they really dont have has much "out" as is being made out. The idea they are going to somehow magically come good is a bit of a fallacy. The actually lost 7 of their last 9 games of 2021. So the idea this is just a bad run because of covid just isnt correct. They have been down for quite a while now.
They're also mentally weak (as seen by the Hub fiasco of 2020) and culturally weak (as seen in the last few weeks incidents). It's a dark dark time at the club, I don't see them lifting from this position for 5+ years. They'll never be absolute cellar dwellars, as the home ground advantage at Optus will always give them five-six wins a season even when they're a basketcase. But I see a long winter of poor seasons for the Eagles coming up.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
They're also mentally weak (as seen by the Hub fiasco of 2020) and culturally weak (as seen in the last few weeks incidents). It's a dark dark time at the club, I don't see them lifting from this position for 5+ years. They'll never be absolute cellar dwellars, as the home ground advantage at Optus will always give them five-six wins a season even when they're a basketcase. But I see a long winter of poor seasons for the Eagles coming up.
Next year they lose Hurn and Kennedy who seem like good blokes.

But Darling stays on who is a clear flog.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
gotta go stability.
Dockers won't be challenging for a flag this year or next, but the list build is super impressive.
give him time to work on it, get 50+ games into the last 2 years draftees and see where you are in 2024.

try and keep Darcy fit too! :p
post got pinged a couple of times

gotta admit, I thought Freo were tracking well, but they are exceeding those expectations.
looking very solid. hopefully not timing a run right as a team is on a 3peat run again...... :S

Cameron is done.

Simmo is on the bottom.

If Simmo wasnt on the bottom with a % of 50 then it wouldnt be a problem. But it is.

Clarko and Horse have never been in that position. They are also outliers. Scott make the finals almost every year and Hardwick just won 3 flags. So very very different circumstances.

Not only is Simmo on the bottom - the list profile is screwed. They aint bouncing back anytime soon. Its a 3+ year exercise.

Not saying Simmo should retire completely. I'm saying do a Buckley. Take a year off then come back at another club in 2024.
Simmo contracted for another 2 years won’t be sacked

Only way he’s not at eagles next year is if he’s at north. Won’t be out of an afl coaching job

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Simmo contracted for another 2 years won’t be sacked

Only way he’s not at eagles next year is if he’s at north. Won’t be out of an afl coaching job
Agree won't be sacked .

I'm saying might part ways on mutual terms.

If he's smart he has a year off.

I said the exact same thing about Clarko 12 months ago and everyone had a go at me but it was correct because Clarko is smart.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
post got pinged a couple of times

gotta admit, I thought Freo were tracking well, but they are exceeding those expectations.
looking very solid. hopefully not timing a run right as a team is on a 3peat run again...... :S
I hope this is a Melbourne problem rather than a Freo one.

Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
NEWSFLASH !!!!! The winner is ......Leon Cameron. Stepping down.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Leon Cameron is stepping down as GWS Giants coach midway through the season.
He will oversee his final game against Carlton this weekend before walking away, with assistant coach Mark McVeigh to take over for the rest of 2022.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
The race for Clarkson just got hotter.

efc powerbrokers say Ben Rutten has their full support.
3124072C-6B5C-4DE0-8AE3-91A8173F2681.jpeg

Rutten pictured shopping this morning …
1826FF8B-FB19-4C91-BBF5-0AD49F0AB237.jpeg

Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Wasn't sacked. Thread continues.
The AFL asked him to do the right thing and retire to the library with his revolver.
He can now spend more time with is family. He will get some kind of negotiated payout.
Otherwise known as: he was sacked !

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Wasn't sacked. Thread continues.
Technicality only, If the club doesn't want someone to coach the team anymore and they resign, they basically got sacked in everything but name. I recon he gets full pay too.

Cameron probably decided he'd rather have six months off than have the pressure on him when he was a dead man walking.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Changed vote to Dew after today.

Could definitely be Kern though. Little chance Port makes finals with the hard fixture they have, got so many tough games in a row (with no NM or Eagles again) won't be surprised if things turn ugly. Think he'll keep things respectable enough though despite not making finals and survive

Changed vote to Dew after today.

Could definitely be Kern though. Little chance Port makes finals with the hard fixture they have, got so many tough games in a row (with no NM or Eagles again) won't be surprised if things turn ugly. Think he'll keep things respectable enough though despite not making finals and survive
Can’t see teams paying coaches out with the soft cap rules nowadays , Ken with another year I feel is safe

It will be dew, noble, ratten or Scott as the out of contract coaches

Back