Best player from the 2016 Draft?

Best player from the 2016 Draft?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy is not in that list and every coach would take Bolton in front of McCluggage and Taranto.
Have you watched Bolton play much?
I think of all these players that Tom Stewart would likely be taken first in a redraft, and that Bolton would fall behind Ridley, Taranto and McCluggage but if we are talking the best then I think Shai is most certainly worthy of a mention. Only reason he wouldn't go high in a redraft is that he's tiny, he can't win his own footy or contribute to the structure of the team in a meaningful way.

He is a star though. I'd say he's probably the best right now but Taranto probably has the highest ceiling, something about his physical attributes that sets him apart. Anyone who suggests that Bolton isn't a star doesn't know footy and/or is looking for a fight.

I think of all these players that Tom Stewart would likely be taken first in a redraft, and that Bolton would fall behind Ridley, Taranto and McCluggage but if we are talking the best then I think Shai is most certainly worthy of a mention. Only reason he wouldn't go high in a redraft is that he's tiny, he can't win his own footy or contribute to the structure of the team in a meaningful way.

He is a star though. I'd say he's probably the best right now but Taranto probably has the highest ceiling, something about his physical attributes that sets him apart. Anyone who suggests that Bolton isn't a star doesn't know footy and/or is looking for a fight.
I think you're underating Bolton, he creates play and is classier than all other players. He was best on ground on Friday night.
He's a class above the other two and will be an All Australian easily this year.

He's had a bad year so far but was in the top few defenders last year.
A lot of people on this thread who rate McCluggage in front of Bolton probably haven't played football.

We get it, Bolton gives Richmond fans a big old stiffy whenever he even glances at the ball.

Stewart, McLug and Bolton clear top three in no particular order. Biased I know, but would have Sean Darcy at 4 (who is not on this list)

Stewart is the best by a country mile right now but he's a mature age.

McCluggage would be my next pick. Tracking along nicely and could be ready to take the next step.

Taranto and Ridley have gone backwards this year but would be my next 2 choices. Followed by English and Sean Darcy.

Amazing how many of these 2016 draftees have gone backwards this year. Taranto, Ridley, Simpkin, Bowes (playing VFL),

When Shai Bolton is picked in the All-Australian team this year he should be acknowledged as the best from this draft as he's much younger than Stewart.
The poll is embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to be Jack Graham without a question.

When Shai Bolton is picked in the All-Australian team this year he should be acknowledged as the best from this draft as he's much younger than Stewart.
The poll is embarrassing.
McCluggage has made the squad the last 3 years in a row and should make it 4 in a row this year. Bolton has never made the squad. Your argument is embarassing.

So he's got the same skillset as a Brownlow medallist? But he's dime a dozen? I don't get it.

The poll looks accurate, think you're on your own there.
Im not sure why yr talking about browlows.
If both were on the market, Bolton would be worth more.
Brisbane would trade McCluggage for Bolton if they could imo.

Back