QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
their field has been rubbish since last year.

Look at the vision from round 1, it was poor before the season started and the rain hit.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Guys, have you been listening to the Queensland Corridor footy program each wednesday ,, Its worth a listen ,, is a great promo for our game up here. I wont go into the content , but google the above and have a listen ,, goes for 35 to 40 minutes, so plenty of content on AFL, VFL, QAFL etc .

Required

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Coming from a RL background, watching the Suns at Metricon was my 1st AFL experience. That was about 2011. I remember getting a surprise of how well a particular Suns back flanker tackled. I liked the bloke straight away for it. Of course it was Harbrow.

Harbrow used to lay some great tackles, some worthy of a RL highlight reel. Played well above his size when it came to physical confrontation. Hes gunna leave some bruises in the QAFL before hes done.

May 12, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And the AFL clubs understand its value too - clamouring over each other to get a side in the AFLW now. Whether ppl like it or not there are extra eyes that weren't there before, dads who now attend football with daughters when previously (reluctantly) consigned to going to netball and mums who now have an even greater reason to attend as well. Like you said the volunteer base is expanded and there is generally more hands at womens footy bc you don't have as many parents sitting back like pseudo talent scouts eye balling their own son's performance like a hawk but happy to run water or throw the ball over the head.
I disagree with the claim of extra volunteers are in abundance in womens/girls footy, for a team not including the coach and trainer/physio. A team manager, A runner, 2 x Water carriers, and then depending on the division you're in 1 Bouddary, 1 goal and maybe a field umpire. The core volunteers that do it every week are commiting their time to support the womens/girls, and what you have left is the reserve/junior players are begrudgingly asked to fill those roles. Go to any ground and then look at how many supporters are at the bar and how many are actually helping the team, most care about their precious beer than doing something to asy that they earned that beer.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I disagree with the claim of extra volunteers are in abundance in womens/girls footy, for a team not including the coach and trainer/physio. A team manager, A runner, 2 x Water carriers, and then depending on the division you're in 1 Bouddary, 1 goal and maybe a field umpire. The core volunteers that do it every week are commiting their time to support the womens/girls, and what you have left is the reserve/junior players are begrudgingly asked to fill those roles. Go to any ground and then look at how many supporters are at the bar and how many are actually helping the team, most care about their precious beer than doing something to asy that they earned that beer.
Im not going to argue any of that DFP - reasonably accurate description of many teams around Australia - but its better at womens level than mens from my experience.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
With heaps of more rain forecast for tonight , tomorrow and saturday do you think the entire round will be called off ,,,like 3 or 4 games on ovals will make a mess of them

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
With heaps of more rain forecast for tonight , tomorrow and saturday do you think the entire round will be called off ,,,like 3 or 4 games on ovals will make a mess of them
Thoughts on whether if 3-4 games get called that they will then call whole round? Bloody frustrating stuff.

benchwarmer101

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
depends who has control of their ground or not, I believe pbc have said they're playing no matter what

(Log in to remove this ad.)

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
Noosa
Aspley
Grange
Broady
Labrador
Palmy

Noosa still keen to play and whilst our oval is resembling a lake know that the goldy and in particular surfers’ ground ok to play on.I think the issue may be that our local govt initiative is to stay off the roads and with most senior players heading down tonight May be an issue.The so-called ‘ duty of care’ probably does come into play
We are happy to wait til the morning however Aflq are asking for a decision by 5 pm today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back