List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll finish their careers as Hawthorn players.
I don't think they can. They're filling list spots that we will need if they can't perform to the level we need.

JOM is probably the safest in my mind. I think Tom is more inclined to look elsewhere.

The point is not about whether it was wise or not for insurance. I agree at the time he was a good addition as we had no other options.

My problem is the length of the contract. If they truly understood where our list was at, 3 years would not have been considered.
You've got to have some depth that can play in the seniors. Howe is depth, Phillips is depth, damn even Shiels is depth!

One could say that poor list management is having only three established rucks on the list at the moment (and that wasn't a kool-aid clarko decision). We carried Brooksby for two years and he played only 1 game. How we would all love to have a Keegan on the list right now.

Trade Worpel and maybe Mitchell too.

JOM can hang about and guide the younger group, if he is willing to.

I'd rather keep T.Mitchell and trade JOM. Jai and JOM play a similar 'bash and burst' game.

The currency for these guys is dropping as a result of them playing outside the centre square to give the kids a go.

Might make sense to let Mitchell and JOM play full time minutes in the centre square for the last 4 - 6 weeks of the year to improve their numbers.

You've got to have some depth that can play in the seniors. Howe is depth, Phillips is depth, damn even Shiels is depth!

One could say that poor list management is having only three established rucks on the list at the moment (and that wasn't a kool-aid clarko decision). We carried Brooksby for two years and he played only 1 game. How we would all love to have a Keegan on the list right now.
Well actually we should have prioritised keeping Pittonet instead of persisting with Ceglar and we would have been in much less of a mess with the ruck situation so I almost would put that back to being a Clarko kool-aid decision.

Agree you need squad players and understand you need depth, but it does not mean signing Hartigan for 3 years in 2020 was a good decision.

Well actually we should have prioritised keeping Pittonet instead of persisting with Ceglar and we would have been in much less of a mess with the ruck situation so I almost would put that back to being a Clarko kool-aid decision.

Agree you need squad players and understand you need depth, but it does not mean signing Hartigan for 3 years in 2020 was a good decision.
Clarkson did not make the decision to go into 2022 with only three rucks. Your bias is showing.

I don't think they can. They're filling list spots that we will need if they can't perform to the level we need.

JOM is probably the safest in my mind. I think Tom is more inclined to look elsewhere.

Agree right now, however, Worpel has more upside and is a better fit for our age demographic going forward - having said that, I would also retain JOM and only look at options to trade Tom.

I'd rather keep T.Mitchell and trade JOM. Jai and JOM play a similar 'bash and burst' game.

The currency for these guys is dropping as a result of them playing outside the centre square to give the kids a go.

Might make sense to let Mitchell and JOM play full time minutes in the centre square for the last 4 - 6 weeks of the year to improve their numbers.
Tom can’t really play anywhere but in the middle, and he’s not a player that can carry the ball and deliver well, so his stop-start influence on our ball movement is a hindrance when he’s in there to how we want to move the ball, although I doubt Sam will ever say that.

We need him to win clearances, but we can find others to do that.

The key issue with Mitchell can be summed up in a consistent passage of play

Mitchell takes a mark from a kick around the back flank, but instead of giving an overlap handball or corridor kick

He waits because he dosent have speed to go with the flow of play or kick it long enough to overlap the defence

He then kicks it either down the line or tries to go inboard with a slow, loopy kick, gets cut off and we are on the back foot again

Happens every game

Trade him

Not part of our future or current game plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the same players will be on the table but changes will happen this time because some might be happy to go.

Will Mitchell want out this time because he is being played out of position?

Chad could be similar if we insist on him playing exclusively forward.

I reckon jaeger is more comfortable playing a role and is less likely to want out. I hope gunston sees more value in being a one club player than exercising his free agency, but that will be his call.

If I was to take a punt - Mitchell leaves for early second rounder. The rest stay.

You'd get locked into a bidding war with Geelong.
Spot on, defeats the purpose of picking up a guy like that. The whole point is that he is still an unknown quantity due how little football he has played, so he's cheaper than his potential output. As soon as someone else is interested, the price goes up and the trade becomes an unnesecary risk.

I think the same players will be on the table but changes will happen this time because some might be happy to go.

I reckon jaeger is more comfortable playing a role and is less likely to want out. I hope gunston sees more value in being a one club player than exercising his free agency, but that will be his call.

If I was to take a punt - Mitchell leaves for early second rounder. The rest stay.
Gunston is not a one club player. 😅

Will Mitchell and chad want to be parked on a hff and be down the pecking order for midfield rotations for rest of their careers? Doubt it.

Chad/Gunston/Breust may also be more open to a move depending where Clarko ends up.

Shoulda coulda woulda.

Hindsight is 20/20

If Clarkson enters coaching in 2023, then some of our Hawks will have more value and appeal to him. I could see Gunston follow him and he would want to talk to Sis.

Pretty sure Wingard is playing exclusively fwd because of interrupted lead up to R1 and constant soft tissue injuries robbing him of peak fitness.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Clarkson enters coaching in 2023, then some of our Hawks will have more value and appeal to him. I could see Gunston follow him and he would want to talk to Sis.
Clarko said on 360 tonight that he wouldn't be talking to anyone about coaching until the end of the year. Sis will be signed up by then (by us hopefully). He would want Gunston who is a FA, maybe Breust if he goes to GWS.

Clarko said on 360 tonight that he wouldn't be talking to anyone about coaching until the end of the year. Sis will be signed up by then (by us hopefully). He would want Gunston who is a FA, maybe Breust if he goes to GWS.
Clarko was a big Wingard fan, maybe that would work for wingard if Clarkson was the coach.

Clarko could change his mind an do it a little planning earlier say in Sept 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back