Unsolved Hunt for Mr Cruel

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Normy Lee. Dim Sim cook and part time bank robber. certainty a lot going on in his head.
Once dead, I wonder who went through his stuff and what did they find?

A Camera tripod?

I thought Mr C, had blue eyes and sandy coloured hair?

Jan 28, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
So the first victim was described as being in Lower Plenty/Eltham. They owned expensive clothing purchased overseas, rare expensive record collection, and their house was "surrounded by trees" and had so be large and secluded enough for a window to be broken without alerting the owners or neighbours. Well it's got to be one of the mansions on Rosehill Rd, right on the Lower Plenty Eltham border right?
No, not there.

Jan 28, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Just listened... I don't think he was having a swipe at them as such, he said some are fantasists while others have done some very good work. Which I would say is true.

I was surprised he devoted any time to the Mr Chan-underworld murder theory, I'm pretty sure most regard it as a total conspiracy theory with little basis.

melbournemarvels probably worth getting in touch with him if you haven't already given he's just done this podcast. You've done a heap of work... he may or may not take an interest but there's no love lost between Nine and Newscorp

andrew.rule@news.com.au
Thanks. I've been in touch with him since March. I informed him in March about Normie Lee, who was identified as likely Eltham Man a year ago by a fellow researcher of mine.

Jan 28, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Normy Lee. Dim Sim cook and part time bank robber. certainty a lot going on in his head.
Once dead, I wonder who went through his stuff and what did they find?

A Camera tripod?

I thought Mr C, had blue eyes and sandy coloured hair?
I've never heard eye colour mentioned. But, the sandy hair could have been a wig. Either way, Lee's house in Eltham was looked at over a week ago and it doesn't match as the garage contains no plumbing. So, if Gay's theory is right, he must have used a different house in Eltham.

Jun 10, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I've never heard eye colour mentioned. But, the sandy hair could have been a wig. Either way, Lee's house in Eltham was looked at over a week ago and it doesn't match as the garage contains no plumbing. So, if Gay's theory is right, he must have used a different house in Eltham.
Didn’t Andrew say the house was most likely bowled over and developed ?

Jan 28, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Didn’t Andrew say the house was most likely bowled over and developed ?
No. He he wasn't sure. But has since checked it and it doesn't have the plumbing in the garage under the house. The garage is just used as a car garage now, and likely it always was.

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I guess its Ron's theory, its up to him to fact check. Seeing if the suspect actually matches the official police description. (height,weight, etc)

I don't believe Andrew Rule highlighted a potential connection between the Chan's Asian restaurant and the Dim Sim Factory?
was his suspect a sales rep of any kind?. Mr C, obviously has some feud with the Chans, given the graffitied car.

There is no connection to the earlier victims, How does Ron propose MrC first sighted those victims?

Jan 28, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
I guess its Ron's theory, its up to him to fact check. Seeing if the suspect actually matches the official police description. (height,weight, etc)

I don't believe Andrew Rule highlighted a potential connection between the Chan's Asian restaurant and the Dim Sim Factory?
was his suspect a sales rep of any kind?. Mr C, obviously has some feud with the Chans, given the graffitied car.

There is no connection to the earlier victims, How does Ron propose MrC first sighted those victims?
He hasn't offered a theory on that. I guess it was up to us to see if we could link him. He lived a few streets from the Chan restaurant, that we know. He lived not too far from the LP attack. The other two would be harder to link him to.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Is the location of the house in Eltham known publicly?

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am hellbent in trying to find the links between the offender and victims.

The location, where the offender first sighted the victim.
The FBI profile eludes to Mr. Cruel being a volunteer of some kind.

I do like the FBI's reasoning behind this thought.

For example, MrC working in a place where the victims family has to sign in or leave their details in a visitors book.
So MrC has a trigger of some kind and decides to target his next victim. he now has their Details. (name, address etc)
I think he may have targeted other victims, but several factors may have stopped him going through with those abductions.
(being... house location, accessibility and the Parents being home)

So I searched in MM's Map, for locations like museums or activities that attract families. I did find a few, one that sprang to mind, was a model railroad venue.

I challenge residents of MrC'S old stomping ground to come up with others!

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ive seen speculation about Mr C taking the victims to a motel. chatter in various groups.
Surely the Victims would have picked the difference between a Motel and a domestic residence.

A motel has distinctive sounds.
1/ A flurry of checking out in the morning, room and car doors slamming. just before 10am
2/ Cleaners trolley moving between rooms.
3/ A steady stream of guests arriving after 2pm - check in time
4/ General noise from other rooms in the evening

The victims do state he left the radio in the detention room, was it to drown out the ambient noise?

Another option I would suggest, could the detention address, have been on a ADF site, part of a single mans quarters?

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
suspects

"She said she tried to tell police that she saw a masked man who climbed up a high-voltage electric tower and spied on neighborhood kids."

Really - or they just making up a story ?

Read More: Who Are The Biggest Suspects In The Mr. Cruel Case? - Grunge

madjoe

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2022
AFL Club
Gold Coast
have heard it's the worst kept serect in the police force. the main suspect is a well known businessman in the city, anyone else heard that?

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
have heard it's the worst kept serect in the police force. the main suspect is a well known businessman in the city, anyone else heard that?

No. Perhaps the only "well known" suspect is career criminal Normie Lee, though it's a stretch to even call him a suspect - he merely had the finger pointed at him in 2022 by a terminally-ill ex-colleague. Lee died in 1992.

The prime suspect remains Brian Elkner.

Back