Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, the two footy things I'm looking forward to the next 3 weeks are: Playing Melbourne at the G, watching Johnson play for Peel. There seems to be a lot of hype on MJ and looking at the ridiculous frame he's built already you cant help but feel he could be special. Cant wait to watch Ras and MJ tag team South in a few weeks

Not ideal.. Noddy out for a while. Ryan with a dodgy ankle.. switta with the head knock

Acres, Colyer and Logue the logical inā€™s

Iā€™d imagine Aish to go back to help the small out, with Tucker more time on the wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does a hot spot mean injury experts?

Poor Noddy!
I'd assume that he must have been complaining of pain. By mentioning hot spot, it implies he likely had a bone scan. Hot spots often indicate stress fracture. I would assume they will MRI it and decide on conservative management or surgery if the MRI confirms a fracture already.

I'd assume that he must have been complaining of pain. By mentioning hot spot, it implies he likely had a bone scan. Hot spots often indicate stress fracture. I would assume they will MRI it and decide on conservative management or surgery if the MRI confirms a fracture already.
Similar to Johnson then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugger about Noddy - his form has been absolutely sublime since 'debuting' (ffs), the stuff of revelations. I'd imagine Tucker goes to the wing as the left-footed winger (??)

Possibly navicular

Snuff how bout a permaban for swearing in this thread?
In all fairness, I used a "?" :)
Cant categorically call it a stress # yet, but "hot spots" on bone scans are often signs of one :(
It could be just a bone stress injury, but no doubt he will have MRI or already had one....

Cant categorically call it a stress # yet, but "hot spots" on bone scans are often signs of one :(
It could be just a bone stress injury, but no doubt he will have MRI or already had one....
Jesus if it's a nav then he can bloody have my left foot.

Would expect already had one (probably went straight to MRI without bone scan). Given the 6 week timeline I expect there was just some mild marrow oedema (grade 2).

Fingers crossed.
Although referring to "hot spot", generally implies a bone scan.
The accessibility of MRI means bone scan can easily be skipped, but people will not infrequently refer to a non-fracture stress response on MRI as a "hot spot" to match the colloquial terminology. I personally have not ordered a bone scan to look for a stress fracture for many years, even in the public system. Straight to MRI.

Last edited:
Ahh yes Aish, forever plugging holes
water tank GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back