Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isn't this campaigner supposed to be reliable on all things Barca? By throwing De Ligt in he's lost all credibility in my eyes.

I'm sure United would be interested in Mpabbe, Diaz and VVD as well ffs

FWIW since Woodward left, United have not been briefing journalists at all on signings. This reeks of desperation. Agents throwing Uniteds name around to drum up interest in their players from other clubs.

Is the 213m inclusive of wages etc?

It seems like the release clause was £52.1 million (not £64 million as first reported). The agents commissions and other fees push the initial cost to £94 million. He's on a five year contract that is worth £107 million. So total cost to City of £201 million.

It is my understanding that Dortmund agreed to give Mino Raiola and Haaland's father, Alf-Inge, a significant share of the future sales value - which put some clubs off. So that's the £42 million in 'agents fees and other fees' that was mentioned.

It seems like the release clause was £52.1 million (not £64 million as first reported). The agents commissions and other fees push the initial cost to £94 million. He's on a five year contract that is worth £107 million. So total cost to City of £201 million.

It is my understanding that Dortmund agreed to give Mino Raiola and Haaland's father, Alf-Inge, a significant share of the future sales value - which put some clubs off. So that's the £42 million in 'agents fees and other fees' that was mentioned.

I thought there was no release? Can wadistance clarify?

Exclusive: Newcastle United to bid for Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin this summer​

Newcastle United will launch a bold bid to sign England international striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin now they are certain of a place in the Premier League next season.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the Magpies have identified Calvert-Lewin as one of their priority targets this summer and have been encouraged to believe the player would like to make the move before the start of next season.

Reims forward Hugo Ekitike is also expected to join after a move for forward collapsed on deadline day in January when the player was reluctant to leave France so soon after breaking into the first team.

It remains to be seen whether Everton, who are still involved in a relegation battle following a goalless draw at Watford on Wednesday night, are willing to consider letting the centre forward leave.

Calvert-Lewin was once again used as a substitute in the draw at Vicarage Road, coming on in the 77th minute and has had injury problems this season.

But Newcastle’s interest in the player is long standing and he is someone manager Eddie Howe believes will upgrade his offensive options at St James’ Park.

Exclusive: Newcastle United to bid for Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin this summer​

Newcastle United will launch a bold bid to sign England international striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin now they are certain of a place in the Premier League next season.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the Magpies have identified Calvert-Lewin as one of their priority targets this summer and have been encouraged to believe the player would like to make the move before the start of next season.

Reims forward Hugo Ekitike is also expected to join after a move for forward collapsed on deadline day in January when the player was reluctant to leave France so soon after breaking into the first team.

It remains to be seen whether Everton, who are still involved in a relegation battle following a goalless draw at Watford on Wednesday night, are willing to consider letting the centre forward leave.

Calvert-Lewin was once again used as a substitute in the draw at Vicarage Road, coming on in the 77th minute and has had injury problems this season.

But Newcastle’s interest in the player is long standing and he is someone manager Eddie Howe believes will upgrade his offensive options at St James’ Park.

Sensible target for them. If he stays fit he's a lot better than most (read: Brades) think he is.

Bye bye Tapin-Lewin

Sensible target for them. If he stays fit he's a lot better than most (read: Brades) think he is.

People have short memories. He was Everton's Player of the Year last season. He's one of the best in the PL with headers, good at holding it up, and not bad around the box. He just seems a bit similar to Chris Wood for Newcastle's needs. I don't see DCL, Wood or Wilson playing together.

Newcastle have gone from relegation to mid-table. I'm not sure DCL helps to take them from mid-table to top 4.

Isn't this campaigner supposed to be reliable on all things Barca? By throwing De Ligt in he's lost all credibility in my eyes.

I'm sure United would be interested in Mpabbe, Diaz and VVD as well ffs

FWIW since Woodward left, United have not been briefing journalists at all on signings. This reeks of desperation. Agents throwing Uniteds name around to drum up interest in their players from other clubs.

I don't think this is agents work. Barca might be drumming up the interest though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Villa agreed a fee with Barcelona for 20M quid for Coutinho.

Jacob Steinbeck from the Guardian thinks we are after Nayef Aguerd from Rennes who's a left footed CB, and we'll sell Diop to probably Lyon by the sounds of it.

Release clause or no release clause doesn't really matter much. We're not a club that holds onto players that don't want to be there, so even if he doesn't have the clause we'd probably do a deal with Madrid if that's what he wanted.

We'll bank on making the club the most attractive environment for him, and like Aguero who we were told was off to Madrid every summer he'll hopefully spend the bulk of his career in blue.

Man City the stepping stone club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Youd have to be pretty insecure to be bothered by the idea that one of your players might prefer to play elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back