Free Agency Karl Amon [Unrestricted Free Agent to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah my bad, thought he was a restricted free agent so they would've chosen not to match. Still, the fact he played just one more year tells you everything about that situation.
Yea well I still don’t see anyone offering Amon band 2/3 money & years. That would surely need to be in the 600-650 x 4 range. Looks like a 500 x 3 at best which may sneak a band 3 through AFL secret formula or otherwise band 4.

Last edited:
How was i crazy here? I've noticed you have all gone quiet on the 5 year 700k talk
No mate. You were right. Last year he would be pushing that. His value is reducing for sure. Think he ends up in Melbourne on a four year deal between 2 mil and 2.5 mil. I was wrong

No mate. You were right. Last year he would be pushing that. His value is reducing for sure. Think he ends up in Melbourne on a four year deal between 2 mil and 2.5 mil. I was wrong
Was more for the ones who have kept the ridicule up but refreshing honesty

Spuds? Werent you saying hes a 700k 1st rounder a couple days ago?
The comment was in reference to St Kilda over paying for spuds in the past. So to get a decent player they'll pay up even more. Hence the follow up about needing to create a new category.

Although they've recruited some spuds, I don't know about over paying them. And they seemed to be pretty savy with their contract offer for Brad Crouch.

I’ve watched him plenty I watched him have no impact on Sunday and miss 3 goals last week. He is a decent player sure but he’s 26 and he’s averaged 20 touches once in his career. He mad an AA squad Will Munson made an AA team didn’t make him a 600k+ player the next year

What are you talking about? An aging Issac Smith, Alex Fasolo, Cam Ellis-Yolman and Jake Kelly got their departing clubs band 4 compo. Amon is in that range. You lot do overrate some players.
Turn it up.

FWIW re the familial connection to stkilda. Who really wants to go to work and see their mum everyday? Not me.
1- I doubt very much that she’s there every day.
2- His interactions with her would be minimal on the days when she is there.

Each to their own though. Everyone would have a different relationship with their mother, particularly depending on their age.

The mature someone is the less likely it will be that seeing their mother around the place will be an issue.

Dees have joined the race. Maybe they're preparing for Brayshaw leaving.

Attachments

• 17FA862B-CA67-4C39-8A0A-443EC1AFBC8C.thumb.jpeg.447f8ac284fb3459229f3dbe3a991013.jpeg
    17FA862B-CA67-4C39-8A0A-443EC1AFBC8C.thumb.jpeg.447f8ac284fb3459229f3dbe3a991013.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 87

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port ‘would drive $3m free agent over border’; Eagles ‘reek of unprofessionalism’: Rd 8 Talking Pts

Looks like I was closer with the guess of 600-700k.

Mooted to be 650k over 5 for a 3mil deal
He didn't actually say that's what he is or would be offered. He said that if he did get that he would be close to first round compensation.

"Ralph said if Amon signed a five-year rival offer worth around $650,000 per season, Port could get “close to” a first-round free agency compensation pick."

I think he'd need to get north of that looking at the last couple of years anyway

If Brayshaw leaves and Amon goes to Melbourne, one of those will be a trade. First to lose a free agent won't want to lose their compensation

That doesn't make sense if Amon is an UFA.

I think Hawthorn are in the box seat anyway tbh

He didn't actually say that's what he is or would be offered. He said that if he did get that he would be close to first round compensation.

"Ralph said if Amon signed a five-year rival offer worth around $650,000 per season, Port could get “close to” a first-round free agency compensation pick."

I think he'd need to get north of that looking at the last couple of years anyway
Won't get close to round 1. We lost Ellis for that same contract, 25 years old, 2 flags and a couple aa squad nominations, and only got pick 39

That doesn't make sense if Amon is an UFA.

I think Hawthorn are in the box seat anyway tbh
Let's say Melbourne lose Brayshaw and get pick #19, he's right above that port will want that pick but if they can settle for pick 30 something then Melbourne win and will want that.

All depends if port draw in a free agent too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back