Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was supply and demand then it would make sense to also pay nurses at different hospitals and teachers at different schools different wages depending on ability to get good people to work there. I think the explanation is probably more mendacious.
we would like to be able to do that
and some outer metro hospitals are doing this eg paying for nurses to undergo advanced training (eg Cert courses)
our hospital dropped the ******* ball on this due to not having stable (or competent) nursing leadership (those who sit above the NUM roles of individual wards) everyone is a ******* "acting" director so don't make any decisions
all too ******* busy to look good to the DHS so they can climb the ladder and not rock the boat

sack everyone above NUM level and for medical above director of clinical services

we would like to be able to do that
and some outer metro hospitals are doing this eg paying for nurses to undergo advanced training (eg Cert courses)
our hospital dropped the ******* ball on this due to not having stable (or competent) nursing leadership (those who sit above the NUM roles of individual wards) everyone is a ******* "acting" director so don't make any decisions
all too ******* busy to look good to the DHS so they can climb the ladder and not rock the boat

sack everyone above NUM level and for medical above director of clinical services

What you would be describing would be actual governing. It would be hard, plenty of people would get pissed off, but it would be real reform that would have a tangible effect. It is something government should not shy away from.

Hospitals opening wards for the increased demand for beds expected for winter flu/covid.
Have had covid 4/flu jabs.

IF there is substance to the corruption claim, see:
No good if you do nothing.
well opening "treatment spaces" eg we have now just received a new portable (capital cost $12 million I think) which is isolation capable and resus capable.
Unfortunately there has been no plan as to how we will get extra staff for it
There is fear that existing staff will be forced to use it despite already being 20% nursing staff on the average shift less than we were pre pandemic
And DHS have given us explicit instructions (that I for one plan to completely ******* ignore once the ribbon is cut and the campaignering health minister gets their photo op) that it is only to be used for COVID +ve patients (not even flu patients) to offload from ambulance

Our preferences would be
  • put stable patients awaiting ward admission there (who don't need further radiology tests, as the pod is physically removed from the rest of the ED and radiology areas)
  • put nursing home patients awaiting discharge there (because current transit lounge has limited capacity to take trolley based patients and also need to be used to take patients awating admission to avoid 24 hour breach)
  • use as behaviour management area (put all the psych patients in one area, who generally don't need XR/ CT/ bloods)

And to be fair to our hospital managmeent they are also unhappy with the DHS directive. But again for the reason I posted earlier they aren't rocking the boat

What you would be describing would be actual governing. It would be hard, plenty of people would get pissed off, but it would be real reform that would have a tangible effect. It is something government should not shy away from.
I am happy with government that sets measurable targets, openly states will not necessarily achieve it all and then can be graded on objective metrics.

* feelings and "the vibe"

You didn’t disagree with me actually, I just went directly to calling you a Dan ass kisser. Was probably a little over the top, I’ll own that. You obviously really appreciate his work as premier and who he is as a person, so good luck to you. I prefer to criticise all of them, they are there to work for us.

“Your r little more than liberal sucker bait”…

HUH?

View attachment 1398173
wow, liberal sucker bait, just when i thought u couldn’t further embarrass yourself by showing your ignorance u come up with a 1st term kindergarten response.

wow, liberal sucker bait, just when i thought u couldn’t further embarrass yourself by showing your ignorance u come up with a 1st term kindergarten response.

Me saying that calling you a Dan ass kisser was over the top and that if you are a fan of the premiers work then good luck to you, is a kindergarten response? If anything, it’s probably the complete opposite.
I think your reading is as bad as your typing.

Not so sure you can call me liberal sucker bait. You see, I have the ability to not only criticise this corrupt premier, but I can also bag the sh*t out of Guy and Morrison when needed. That’s where you struggle a little, I bag Andrews and you instantly think I’m in love with liberals. It’s like a default option.

See that’s the difference between you and I. I don’t have one set of glasses on. I criticise the lot of them when I feel like it. And I certainly don’t go out of my way, like you, to defend one party who doesn’t deserve it.

Let’s hope you can read this one correctly.

Me saying that calling you a Dan ass kisser was over the top and that if you are a fan of the premiers work then good luck to you, is a kindergarten response? If anything, it’s probably the complete opposite.
I think your reading is as bad as your typing.

Not so sure you can call me liberal sucker bait. You see, I have the ability to not only criticise this corrupt premier, but I can also bag the sh*t out of Guy and Morrison when needed. That’s where you struggle a little, I bag Andrews and you instantly think I’m in love with liberals. It’s like a default option.

See that’s the difference between you and I. I don’t have one set of glasses on. I criticise the lot of them when I feel like it. And I certainly don’t go out of my way, like you, to defend one party who doesn’t deserve it.

Let’s hope you can read this one correctly.
You might have to break it down into textspeak

Since 1999, one for approximately 82% of the time, the other for the remaining 18% of the time.
Given that 18% - what do you think they would have done with more time in office?

"Oh! Now we have 50% of the time in office we can reverse everything we were doing before!"

No. I don't think so.

Given that 18% - what do you think they would have done with more time in office?

"Oh! Now we have 50% of the time in office we can reverse everything we were doing before!"

No. I don't think so.

If you want to ignore the fact that Dan did this and can't fix it, then that is entirely up to you. The main ones responsible are the ones who should be held mainly accountable. Labor have been in power for 19 of the last 23 years, of which, Daniel Andrews has either been Health Minister or Premier for 11 of them. No single person is more responsible for how the Victorian health system is than him.

OP

How would I rate Daniel Andrews performance as Victorian Premier in relation to health? Awful.

If you want to ignore the fact that Dan did this and can't fix it, then that is entirely up to you. The main ones responsible are the ones who should be held mainly accountable. Labor have been in power for 19 of the last 23 years, of which, Daniel Andrews has either been Health Minister or Premier for 11 of them. No single person is more responsible for how the Victorian health system is than him.

OP

How would I rate Daniel Andrews performance as Victorian Premier in relation to health? Awful.
I agree, but there's no sense in thinking the LNP would have done any different.

Change of government won't fix it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate. This is the Andrews thread. Scummo is over that-away >>>>>>>
Those are my exact thoughts whenever I'm reading the incessant whinging and moaning in the Morrison thread, that they so aptly describe Daniel Andrews that it's scary.

Both Andrews and Morrison are rubbish but Andrews is a dork with a god complex that no other Australian politician that I've ever come across has come close to matching at any of the major parties, not Keating not even Kennet.

I'm indignant that such a forgettable putrid milquetoast dork has reached such of a position of power because they're normally inoffensive and out of sight. But it just goes to show what a dork, who probably was mercilessly teased and bullied at school, with dual inferiority/superiority complexes that somehow has found himself in a position of power is capable of.

Sheez Andrews fanbois are hyper sensitive to every little unflattering remark said about him, not even Trump boneheads felt the need to retort back when insults where flung his way.

You can forgive neutral observers for thinking that Andrews fanbois are more than just the 'cheerleaders' they claim to be, I know my fair share of rusted on Labor voters and none of them show any hints of the over the top devoted zeal displayed on this thread.

well opening "treatment spaces" eg we have now just received a new portable (capital cost $12 million I think) which is isolation capable and resus capable.
Unfortunately there has been no plan as to how we will get extra staff for it
There is fear that existing staff will be forced to use it despite already being 20% nursing staff on the average shift less than we were pre pandemic
And DHS have given us explicit instructions (that I for one plan to completely ******* ignore once the ribbon is cut and the campaignering health minister gets their photo op) that it is only to be used for COVID +ve patients (not even flu patients) to offload from ambulance

Our preferences would be
  • put stable patients awaiting ward admission there (who don't need further radiology tests, as the pod is physically removed from the rest of the ED and radiology areas)
  • put nursing home patients awaiting discharge there (because current transit lounge has limited capacity to take trolley based patients and also need to be used to take patients awating admission to avoid 24 hour breach)
  • use as behaviour management area (put all the psych patients in one area, who generally don't need XR/ CT/ bloods)

And to be fair to our hospital managmeent they are also unhappy with the DHS directive. But again for the reason I posted earlier they aren't rocking the boat

Not just your hospital.
Can the Government hold on adminstrators last until the next next election ?

Those are my exact thoughts whenever I'm reading the incessant whinging and moaning in the Morrison thread, that they so aptly describe Daniel Andrews that it's scary.

Both Andrews and Morrison are rubbish but Andrews is a dork with a god complex that no other Australian politician that I've ever come across has come close to matching at any of the major parties, not Keating not even Kennet.

I'm indignant that such a forgettable putrid milquetoast dork has reached such of a position of power because they're normally inoffensive and out of sight. But it just goes to show what a dork, who probably was mercilessly teased and bullied at school, with dual inferiority/superiority complexes that somehow has found himself in a position of power is capable of.
I can actually feel you shaking as you typed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back