Position 2022 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

FMJ0F5IVgAMd3BX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson

Don't look back
I started Dawson and he has been okay but not great. Generally does not get enough possessions for my liking and Smith has by far the better role. Takes very few kick-ins when Brodie Smith is in the team, and those he does take he is expected to boot it long and hard. Not a safe 3 points kick like the Gull, with a chance to run by and get another kick.

Surrounded by better team mates, who would look to use him he could be a real star. Would fit in well at the Swans as he can clear a zone with his kicking and they have decent marking forwards. Maybe he will improve as he had an interrupted preseason.

I think Cumming is the pick of my defenders for role and as a rounded defender. Kick-ins, contested marks, play maker off half back with good skills. A better Whitfield, but without the tank. Has seriously improved since the start of '21, when he was marginal best 22.

Next week I'll be making my final defender upgrade. Got Short, Crisp, Docherty, Sinclair, and Hewett, and will be upgrading NOD to someone. I'm leaning towards Sicily, but haven't really made up my mind yet.

Next week I'll be making my final defender upgrade. Got Short, Crisp, Docherty, Sinclair, and Hewett, and will be upgrading NOD to someone. I'm leaning towards Sicily, but haven't really made up my mind yet.

Stewart if you can affordhim but sicily otherwise both are guns.

Sicily is overpriced. CJ is a week away and will steal some of Sicily's R50s

I started Dawson and he has been okay but not great. Generally does not get enough possessions for my liking and Smith has by far the better role. Takes very few kick-ins when Brodie Smith is in the team, and those he does take he is expected to boot it long and hard. Not a safe 3 points kick like the Gull, with a chance to run by and get another kick.

Surrounded by better team mates, who would look to use him he could be a real star. Would fit in well at the Swans as he can clear a zone with his kicking and they have decent marking forwards. Maybe he will improve as he had an interrupted preseason.

I think Cumming is the pick of my defenders for role and as a rounded defender. Kick-ins, contested marks, play maker off half back with good skills. A better Whitfield, but without the tank. Has seriously improved since the start of '21, when he was marginal best 22.

I am trying to decide between Dawson v Cumming myself.

I'm really tempted by Cumming's less than 1% ownership as my team is starting to look very cookie cutter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a shame Richmond and Crows play at the same time. Cant loop Hinge.
Confident enough to field Paddy over Hinge, Paddy has gone 60 plus in all games except one, (excluding concussion game).

Its a shame Richmond and Crows play at the same time. Cant loop Hinge.
Confident enough to field Paddy over Hinge, Paddy has gone 60 plus in all games except one, (excluding concussion game).
Richmond play Saturday arvo and Crows play Saturday evening. You still can't loop Hinge though, but I agree field Paddy ahead of him

I'm still all over the shop on which premo defender to bring in for NOD...

1652406516075.png

Dawson seems value. Looking into him as an option, what I like is he's got North and West Coast twice each still to go, including in finals. He hasn't set the world on fire, but he sure CAN score.

Crisp seems like the can't miss option, playing a great role, but is priced higher and does have the tougher draw. Not sure if it will impact him, though. Seems to ton up all the bloody time, though doesn't present value at the moment.

Stewart and Doc look like the final guys to target, but will get one of them after their bye with Daicos.

View attachment 1398782

Dawson seems value. Looking into him as an option, what I like is he's got North and West Coast twice each still to go, including in finals. He hasn't set the world on fire, but he sure CAN score.

Crisp seems like the can't miss option, playing a great role, but is priced higher and does have the tougher draw. Not sure if it will impact him, though. Seems to ton up all the bloody time, though doesn't present value at the moment.

Stewart and Doc look like the final guys to target, but will get one of them after their bye with Daicos.
Dawson/Zorko seem the best value IMO.
Stewart would be best for your byes and probably best overall.
Get Doc after his bye IMO.

Looking at Sicily, Zorko or Cumming?
Which one presents better value and long term scoring potential?
Already have Doch, Crisp, Short, Hewett down back.

View attachment 1398782

Witherden - he scores so easily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back