Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 9 - Pies v Dogs Fri May 13th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Khamis the Dogs bloke that Roughy was giving tips to when they were playing on each other in the VFL a couple of years ago?
Yep, that was him. Obviously playing as an intercept / 3rd tall defender then, maybe it wasn't defensive tips after all, but actually giving him the metaphorical keys to the forward kingdom.

West has not had a lot of touches but I have enjoyed his game so far.

I hope he gets another game next week.
Has had a lot of issues of selfish play and trying to do too much with the ball when he's had his chances at senior level prior to tonight, so I was really happy to see him 2-way running and giving off handballs to guys in better position many times tonight.

Hope the penny has dropped, as in reality he should be pushing blokes like McNeil and Scott out of the side with ease, let alone never allowing blokes like McComb into the side in the first place.

Yep, that was him. Obviously playing as an intercept / 3rd tall defender then, maybe it wasn't defensive tips after all, but actually giving him the metaphorical keys to the forward kingdom.
No. It wasn’t Buku. I can’t remember the name of the fella Roughy was talking to but it was not Khamis.

Edit: Players name is Reuben William.

collingwood players were very sloppy with their handballs and ball movement, repeatedly missing targets in their movements going forward. Felt as if they were playing hot potato with the attempt to frenetically dish out a handball but they simply don’t have the precision. Would love to know the stats for scores from turnovers.

Natural human behaviour to raise your arms is it not? The rule is a non issue? Kidding me. What are we doing to the game.. cyborging it man.. what's next man.. what's next man.. erg erg erg erg.. I want to apologise to the fans.. erg erg erg erg.. take me.. to.. your.. leader.. erg erg erg erg.. unbelievable man.. sorry getting all emotional about it and that man.. but c'mon man.. c'mon man. The dissent rule man.. as useful as a 3rd armpit man. Far out. Gotta get back to c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon let it showwwww.. Love re.. Love re.. La Isla Bonita man.. La Isla Bonita man.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close game, crowd roaring, your heart going 190 bpm, you gut run to the point of agony to execute a crucial tackle only for the opponent to fall forward and earn a questionable free. Who wouldn’t show some sort of emotional reaction in the immediate second afterwards?

If the goal of this rule is to increase respect for umpires, then it’s having the opposite effect because moments like that De Goey decision really just reinforce the cliche that some umpires are pedantic pipsqueaks with zero game sense or appreciation for what it is like to play at this level.

The cliche may be unfair but the AFL is forcing umpires into strengthening it.

Add in the fact that this rule is being subjectively and inconsistently enforced not just week-to-week or game-to-game, but literally moment-to-moment and it is no surprise that both players and fans feel like they are being gaslit.

And * the AFL for making me feel sorry for Jordan DeGoey.

What else did you want them to do??

Numpty
Turn up, be accountable and dominate the midfield and win in big(ger) games.
This year they've have shown that's not their style.
But given they have a mentally shot coach that dismisses every loss due to "so many injuries", what else can you expect.

Lol at the dogs fans losing their s**t over me questioning a player who misses his target nearly 50% of the time, regardless of how many touches he gets, and is insanely unaccountable in big games.

I'd go as far to say my club has zero issues with Smith playing - he doesn't punish us on the scoreboard, he doesn't two way run against elite mids, and we know that half his kicks will miss targets, and about a quarter of them will go straight to us (one of the best turnover scoring team in the comp)

The one way culture starts at the very top, and hero worshipping a guy who butchers the ball because "hE hAS s0 ManY tOucHes!#" just demonstrates why the dogs are sinking so quickly

Last edited:
ball butchering sheep dog

And the thing is, you can go backwards through the seasons, and its clear that he has regressed in all these and plenty more of his stats, year on year. He was elite, but each year is getting worse and worse at the things the dogs need him to be good at.
1652489739576~2.png

Last edited:
Watching a replay with my son atm, 2nd half only, and we are wondering whats up with the crowd booing the African Bulldogs forward?

Khamis?

Did he belt someone earlier?
Dog supporters were chanting Bakuuu!!!

Back