Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
Doubtful. Club's been extremely good to him, considering what he's done.

Still relatively young and likely to be part of the next finals push.

27 next season - so a funny age if wce want to go the rebuild. Which could be happening with an older list.

Wouldnt mind Richmond asking the question

27 next season - so a funny age if wce want to go the rebuild. Which could be happening with an older list.

Rebuild's fine. Could be back in finals in 3 years time. History suggests that may be the case for WCE.

Not sure he'd go to Melbourne tbh, other than relatives playing for Richmond, he doesn't have any history with the city/state, as far as I'm aware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither is Willie.

Gold Coast would love a Rioli on the list. They are linked to the NT with a zone and play home games in Darwin.

And there is that amazing stat with Rioli's and winning a premiership.

Gold Coast would pay overs for either of them.
I'm well aware, you said pick Dan up as a restricted free agent now.

Can't see Dan leaving Richmond. Can see Willie leaving West Coast.

If you look at eagles list profile and go on reports they want 5 picks inside 30 at this years draft. You would be silly to think they wouldn’t listen to offers and if it was inside 30 we might have no choice to let him go because he will also probably be wanting a pay day with his new contract. He is one of the few that will be 27 or older next year that are out of contract and worth something. The clubs is gonna hope the right offers come in for them first before we even think of making them. Like Hawks last year would of made the tough calls but the offers did come.

The question is what would clubs be willing for pay for him? Or a Gaff?

If you look at eagles list profile and go on reports they want 5 picks inside 30 at this years draft. You would be silly to think they wouldn’t listen to offers and if it was inside 30 we might have no choice to let him go because he will also probably be wanting a pay day with his new contract. He is one of the few that will be 27 or older next year that are out of contract and worth something. The clubs is gonna hope the right offers come in for them first before we even think of making them. Like Hawks last year would of made the tough calls but the offers did come.

I think you'll be pushing it to get a pick inside 30 for Willie. 30 would be best case I reckon

Gaff is a shell of his former self and contracted for 2 more years unbelievably. Not worth much. Could see cats picking him up. Not top 30.

2nd rounder min. Youwont get him cheap. He's already shown he is still a class above 90% of the comp.

Personally Id trade him and Darling out. As a minimum.

Time to reinstall some standards at the club. Both need to go to a club with strong culture......or one that doesnt care so much what their players do outside football.

I think you'll be pushing it to get a pick inside 30 for Willie. 30 would be best case I reckon

Gaff is a shell of his former self and contracted for 2 more years unbelievably. Not worth much. Could see cats picking him up. Not top 30.

A pickoutside 30 for Rioli. Why bother.

Pretty sure Gold Coast with 3 picks between 20 and 30 will cough one up with their NT alignment.

Expect the Suns to force up Daniel's next contract as well.

Wouldn't have thought Willie was any chance of leaving after how the Eagles stood by him after his lengthy suspension.

That cuts both ways.

Maybe they are happy to support him, get him back and then trade him due totheir profile.

Reported that some of theplayinggroup didnt want him back. Not surprising especially after the third incident at the airport.

A pickoutside 30 for Rioli. Why bother.

Pretty sure Gold Coast with 3 picks between 20 and 30 will cough one up with their NT alignment.

Expect the Suns to force up Daniel's next contract as well.
Below is why. There is an inherent risk trading for Willie Rioli. You want a top 30 yet acknowledge he's not good for culture/standards. At his best he's a great player but it's buyer beware with Willie. Hard to see anyone taking that risk before pick 30ish.
That cuts both ways.

Maybe they are happy to support him, get him back and then trade him due totheir profile.

Reported that some of theplayinggroup didnt want him back. Not surprising especially after the third incident at the airport.

2nd rounder min. Youwont get him cheap. He's already shown he is still a class above 90% of the comp.

Personally Id trade him and Darling out. As a minimum.

Time to reinstall some standards at the club. Both need to go to a club with strong culture......or one that doesnt care so much what their players do outside football.

Just trying to work out the mechanics of how we do this? To achieve 5 picks inside the top 30, I think we'd have to split pick 1/2 and have to trade Darling while paying a percentage of his salary.

I don't think Gaff has the currency anymore...Which is not really his fault, although at his age, he'd be right on the cusp if playing to form.
He's been played horribly out of position which has ruined any meaningful currency he had left. (still be a great get for nearly any team who will plonk him on the wing an leave him there)

Willy would be worth that currency but the last thing the Eagles need to lose is a dynamic player. Even more than a 2nd forward in a forwardline where the #1 will be retiring.
We have way too many one paced, vanilla types. We need to not only keep the spice but add to it... Desperately.

JD would have the currency but only if we offset his long term, high value contract.
For both player and club, it would be best for a fresh start. Obvious player divisions have now occurred no matter what is being said publicly.

Picks as they currently stand - FWIW, I can't see us winning another game unless something drastic happens.
We already have 3 inside the top 30, hypothetically let's say Darling nets another top 30....Who would look to split 1/2 and what would be fair value? Very early days but from what I understand this draft is good but not really a clear stand out top tier elite player that could start a bidding war? (Ashcroft probable F/S, leading midfielder thus far? Lemmey/Scully maybe the ace in the pack?)

Hewett, Sheezel, Phillipou, Broadbent, Bevan, D'Aloia, Jones - Or a combination of worth this spilt in the first place?
Perhaps with the addition of Culley/Derksen in MSD too.

screen-shot-2022-05-09-at-17-27-54-png.1396328

Attachments

• 1652492939265.png
    1652492939265.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 95

Remove this Banner Ad

Back