Autopsy I swear there was a patch of footy where we hit like 8 short kicks in a row in the third quarter - Autopsy vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I agree, but 40% disposal efficiency from a senior player is hard to cop. He will improve, but let's be honest its always going to be an issue

Sure it will.

I’d hope that he’s being replaced by a Phillips in the longer term but he’s further than a month away.

Showed some signs of intensity and effort but it quickly dissipated.

Young and Scott played well, thought they were positives. Mahony needs to be dropped ASAP but what hurts more then the big loss is the realisation that Jaidyn Stephenson won't be anything special, he reminds me of Polec.

Jack “I’m about actions, not talk” Ziebell, 11 disposals (3 turnovers) 2 tackles. Leading from the front again skip!.

There’s absolutely no desire form any of them to have the ball in their hands. None of the mids work hard enough to get enough of the pill. Piss poor football team.

We’ll be 20 goals down at half time next week, and that’s with the Demons in first gear.

We are fast approaching uncharted levels of shitness, including 1996 Fitzroy.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
No matter how many mealey words come out of the club tonight, nothing can excuse that performance today. I'm starting to get concerned about the development of the young players. Once again no leadership on the field. No one running hard, no one covering their opponent. And above all the so called 'structure' stinks.

Unable to execute the basic skills.

We have so many momentum killers. So many coolers. So many coq blockers in our team.

Chip it around the back, inviting pressure ,inevitably turning it over with our elite ball skills.

The person responsible for giving McDonald a 5 year contract should be relieved of their position immediately.

Umpire 25, i wish you all the worst.

For the 4th week in a row Walker and Young make me embarrassed to be a north supporter - Luff should be sacked for not targeting a young or established KPD.

Tarryn Thomas is the most overrated footballer in the AFL.

Jayden Stevenson needs to be traded.

There I said it.. come at me because I simply don’t give a fu**.
I fully afgree

A few observations:

We were competitive for 2 and a half qtr but still lost by 70,
Didn't take out chances when they were there, should have kicked at least 5 more goals.
Some of the personnel are not good enough but that's all we got at the moment, Atu, Mahoney, Taylor, Hayden, etc.
Then Senior players with terrible foot skills, Tuner, Lmac, Walker, etc.
Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but i don't think we lose much at all if anything by having Jed play instead of Simpkin.

Goldy was decent, and even great in patches.
LDU can certainly play.
CZ just keeps putting in.
I like what i see from Curtis, didn't get much, but i think we have one there.

we still have issues getting the ball, both contested and on the outside, and once we do we have issues on the half forward line.

I thought we were better, which is strange since the scoreboard didn't reflect that.

People need to calm doen ffs - i think tehre were some positive signs today that we can build on. We dont have a forward line - Larkey works hard but is frustrated and adds nothing. Yes the kicking in not great but he had his chances. We look better with Anderson tehre who was better than last week. Atu not sure what we are trying to get from him he is lost. Thomas disappointing. mcDonald disappointing, thought Yound did well but needs to cut his errors out of his game. Scott ok, Corr poor again, Stevo terrible, Mahoney terrible, Goldy improved, LDY good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won the tackle count by 2 despite port having nearly 100 more disposals. love to see it

Got potatoes in defence but let’s play Lmac on the wing ffs.

Nobles pick up your belongs at the front desk
This resonates.
Since Noble started at the club he's talked about this idea of wanting to have flexibility among the playing group.

Fk off flexibility. We need players to first and foremost play their primary position at a basic level. When we get off the diapers then we can start thinking about flexibility.

I reckon when’s you are crap umpires treat you as crap 💩.
We aren’t good enough but seriously we got rimmed on a few vital times.
Moving forward we will be ok 👍🏼, just need to be patient.
We need another key forward, Larkey gets monstered then there is nothing.

And right on cue, the knee jerk reactions calling for everyone from the coach to the canteen ladies to be sacked. Did people seriously see no positive signs in this game? In a game without our best rebounder, three of our best midfielders, and our best key defender? Some of you need to look up the definition of rebuild. And maybe tack on a 'hardcore' at the front of the search bar for good measure

We're seriously terrible at basics that you need to be good or great at to be a competitive AFL team, this is all about the last touch execution and also paying attention to how the play is developing both from what your own teammates are doing and what opposition teams are doing. The former is fine, we're a new team really lot of young guys need to familiarise with their teammates so that you're in sync to know what they tend to do, but the latter can be remedied by just studying the opposite hard enough, and know who you're up against.

Combine uneducated players with just basic executions on that last touch before the action is complete, creates fumble footy which we are guilty of.

And the last big problem is fading, we're obviously not four quarters fit, can't even remember the last time we were. A four quarter effort is our pass mark and that's rare to get, even in the Sydney game where we arguably should have won, we didn't put four quarters in, we put in 3.75. Not good enough. Today we put in 2.5, good first half of the first quarter, good first and third and a sliver of the last.

We're a long way off from coming good, this won't be fixed anytime soon. These boys have a lot to learn.
Small ground the SCG helped us against the swans?

People need to calm doen ffs - i think tehre were some positive signs today that we can build on. We dont have a forward line - Larkey works hard but is frustrated and adds nothing. Yes the kicking in not great but he had his chances. We look better with Anderson tehre who was better than last week. Atu not sure what we are trying to get from him he is lost. Thomas disappointing. mcDonald disappointing, thought Yound did well but needs to cut his errors out of his game. Scott ok, Corr poor again, Stevo terrible, Mahoney terrible, Goldy improved, LDY good.

Thomas, LMac, Corr, Sleevo, Mahony are ALWAYS disappointing.

3 good games a year ain't gunna cut it. What's worse still ? We can't afford to get rid of them !

And right on cue, the knee jerk reactions calling for everyone from the coach to the canteen ladies to be sacked. Did people seriously see no positive signs in this game? In a game without our best rebounder, three of our best midfielders, and our best key defender? Some of you need to look up the definition of rebuild. And maybe tack on a 'hardcore' at the front of the search bar for good measure

The fact that absolutely nobody on this board can take away one good thing from each game is baffling to me. Like what are you guys doing, expecting wins? Expecting four quarter efforts? The side is cooked, injured, inexperienced and unbalanced. We’re s**t for a good reason. We haven’t fielded our best 22 once this year.

Yeah I agree, but 40% disposal efficiency from a senior player is hard to cop. He will improve, but let's be honest its always going to be an issue
Let's start with our 200+ game, 5+ years club captain. I love the man for his passion and endeavour....

...but when he missed targets by 10m what kind of standard is that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back