Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just need to get it through their thick heads that dissent isn't a bad thing.

It's umpire abuse they need to get out of the game, not dissent.

Players should be allowed to disagree with a decision, as long as they don't call the umpire a *head for making the call.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They just need to get it through their thick heads that dissent isn't a bad thing.

It's umpire abuse they need to get out of the game, not dissent.

Players should be allowed to disagree with a decision, as long as they don't call the umpire a fu**head for making the call.
110%

Players will often express frustration, annoyance, dissapointment and within reason, dissatisfaction at a decision. That is not the same as refusing to accept the decision. I saw a clip of De Goey tonight - he was fuming but he stood the mark and did not dispute the call. He did momentarily put his head back and his arms out - a natural reaction IMHO. You don't have to like De Goey to see that the 50 for dissent was harsh.

For what it's worth, I would have called it in the back as the umpire did but if I was the ump I would not have considered De Goey's reaction to be so demostrative that it deserved a 50m penalty. That's just not cricket.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
So how's the Collingwood and Hawthorn rebuilds going? Certainly have played better, more attractive, more competitive football than us, and our regression this year is alarming to say the least. But forgetting our situation, Collingwood are 4-5 and have been in most games until tonight. The Eagles loss looks terrible. Hawthorn are 3-5 and underdogs tomorrow. Great wins against Port and Geelong, as competitive as anyone against Melbourne, but have played a lot of poor quarters this year.

Is a NMFC circa 2018 first half of the season sugar hit really what they want? A sudden rise to the purgatory of 9th-11th? Personally, I'd take Hawthorn's year over Collingwood's or certainly ours. Haven't lost to any spuds, beaten a couple of good teams, had moments of dominance against good teams without being good enough to take the choices, only one total stinker and still probably bottom 6.

Has Gavin Brown been bringing his sons to North training?

They play headless chook footy like our side.
They are woeful.
The whole family could be unemployed in a few months.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Please Storm tonight, make me smile ☹
CCF4D2FE-DD8D-494C-A65B-5B6743C6659D.jpeg

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
The Souv free against today shows what a complete s**t show the dissent rule is.

99/100 maggots would call it a mark, but this clown makes a mistake and compounds that mistake with a free against...

A pure abomination of Aussie rules football if I've ever seen it.

Until honest and open dialogue is opened, the game will suffer. It's gotta be part the reason crowd numbers are down, the interpretations are diabolical.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Souv free against today shows what a complete s**t show the dissent rule is.

99/100 maggots would call it a mark, but this clown makes a mistake and compounds that mistake with a free against...

A pure abomination of Aussie rules football if I've ever seen it.

Until honest and open dialogue is opened, the game will suffer. It's gotta be part the reason crowd numbers are down, the interpretations are diabolical.

There were three umpires out there, Not one of the other two saw the need to step in and pay the mark or to even tell their mate that he got it wrong.

So I'm calling you out arch...

Only 97/100 maggots would call it a mark!!!

Watching that last swans goal, I found myself wishing we played a similar smart/physical game. Players committed enough to contests to benefit their teammates, without others being sucked into the contest too. Their teammates also trusted them to at least half the contest and swooped on the loose ball.
We too often have multiple players go in and allow the opposition to waltz away with the loose ball.

Watching the Crows tells me enough, our couching department aren’t up to it.
Believe it or not if you the the time and look you can find a good coach on gumtree. Certainly make it easir to watch the Crows, or any other footy.

Nothing worse than a spring sticking in your back.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
There were three umpires out there, Not one of the other two saw the need to step in and pay the mark or to even tell their mate that he got it wrong.

So I'm calling you out arch...

Only 97/100 maggots would call it a mark!!!
I'm fact 96 as Eleni is good for 2-3 non marks that are actually marks as well.

99/100 was giving the deadshits too much credit in hindsight

travelli

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Charlie Cameron is a good footballer. He might be well held and have 6 touches, but 5 of them goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back