Autopsy I swear there was a patch of footy where we hit like 8 short kicks in a row in the third quarter - Autopsy vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re not fit enough to begin with but chase tail all day so end up more exhausted. We can’t maintain pos
And as for Tom Powell. Given he is one of the few that actually looks like a footballer why not let him play more.
He played as well as a young kid could with the support he had around him. You're right about the fitness issue, it's pretty obvious. Goldstein outplayed most of them, and he's nearly 34.

Effort isn't the problem.
Talent and skills are.
I agree entirely... tacking etc ok but get slaughtered when we need to run and get the footy in open space, then we butcher the disposal.. re builds r fine if you are rebuilding with the right people, and at least 8 players today are not worth rebuilding with.. therefore until u have players in the side that are worth developing we won’t progress at all !!!

I'm a very optimistic man but jesus christ it's hard to find some positives with our team at the moment.

• No sign of a game plan.
  • Shocking skills...worst I've ever seen. 6 years ago it was only a few players that were a concern (and any kick I50). Now it's pretty much everyone.
  • The desire to run both ways.
  • Tackling an pressure is woeful. Teams go end to end against us every week with ease. Training drill for them.
  • The list management decisions. They are deadset gutless for backing in McGuinness only to not play him when he's needed.
  • There is a rot of mediocrity at this club and I don't see how we get rid of it.
  • So disappointed in LMac and Ziebell. We need so much more from them. It's disgusting. If anyone should be putting in and giving everything it's those 2. They are supposed to be shinboners through and through
The umpiring...the non-call to larkey and then the free against him. Not being paid for clear HTB decisions. Players pushed in the back repeatedly (gray did it to turner a couple of times). The free against Anderson when laid a perfect tackle on a port player - 1 of the worst decisions I've ever seen. The umpire paid a ******* free because Jed was too rough. The club should be publicly asking the AFL for a please explain for that tackle.

I'm a very optimistic man but jesus christ it's hard to find some positives with our team at the moment.

• No sign of a game plan.
  • Shocking skills...worst I've ever seen. 6 years ago it was only a few players that were a concern (and any kick I50). Now it's pretty much everyone.
  • The desire to run both ways.
  • Tackling an pressure is woeful. Teams go end to end against us every week with ease. Training drill for them.
  • The list management decisions. They are deadset gutless for backing in McGuinness only to not play him when he's needed.
  • There is a rot of mediocrity at this club and I don't see how we get rid of it.
  • So disappointed in LMac and Ziebell. We need so much more from them. It's disgusting. If anyone should be putting in and giving everything it's those 2. They are supposed to be shinboners through and through
The umpiring...the non-call to larkey and then the free against him. Not being paid for clear HTB decisions. Players pushed in the back repeatedly (gray did it to turner a couple of times). The free against Anderson when laid a perfect tackle on a port player - 1 of the worst decisions I've ever seen. The umpire paid a ******* free because Jed was too rough. The club should be publicly asking the AFL for a please explain for that tackle.
Dwayne Russell has never said more than a few slight positives regarding North. He has slagged the team for years. He is also a Port person.

Today he was openly critical of the poor showing from umpires against North, not just on the odd occasion but throughout the entire game. Dermie chimed in with a few of his own to boot. That, especially Dwayne Russell, is unprecidented.

North were hung, drawn and quartered by the umps in the first quarter. They settled down a bit for a while and North held their own (amazingly as Part did look better in most of the play). Come the last quarter, the poor and one-sided mpiring returned and North collapsed. Umpriring was not the sole reason North lost - that would be bullshit to declare, but the margin was stretched by the officiation and if it had been even-handed, there might have been just a sniff for North late in the match.

That's the beauty of footy. People take different things from it. Don't get me wrong, we lost by what 70 points, I'm pissed about it, but it wasn't the loss we had against Freo, or against Brissy
It's fine mate, it wasn't a direct criticism of you. I'm not pissed at the loss I didn't expect a win anyway, but I'm just annoyed at the way it transpired, and I think there are some player's that should/shouldn't be in a North jumper ever again.

A thoroughly disappointing watch once again on one level. However, the effort was definitely there - that’s the first real plus in weeks. LDU looked something like what we expect him to look. Zurhaar is a weapon. Curtis is/will be a gem. In the first quarter, as is common knowledge, everything went against us. We battled hard until three quarter time. Last quarter was tough. We cannot underestimate the lack of confidence side of things. It just makes everything hard. Jed will be better again next week. Hopefully, that will include not hand-balling to the enemy. We expect his poor disposal by foot as a trade-off for his crash and bash approach. However, he used to at least propel us forward in the past.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dwayne Russell has never said more than a few slight positives regarding North. He has slagged the team for years. He is also a Port person.

Today he was openly critical of the poor showing from umpires against North, not just on the odd occasion but throughout the entire game. Dermie chimed in with a few of his own to boot. That, especially Dwayne Russell, is unprecidented.

North were hung, drawn and quartered by the umps in the first quarter. They settled down a bit for a while and North held their own (amazingly as Part did look better in most of the play). Come the last quarter, the poor and one-sided mpiring returned and North collapsed. Umpriring was not the sole reason North lost - that would be bullshit to declare, but the margin was stretched by the officiation and if it had been even-handed, there might have been just a sniff for North late in the match.
I agree 100%. As i said in the game day thread - yes we are s**t at the moment but umpiring decisions like the one's today compound it. Momentum zapping. In every game I'm left shaking my head 5+ times because of umpiring decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A thoroughly disappointing watch once again on one level. However, the effort was definitely there - that’s the first real plus in weeks. LDU looked something like what we expect him to look. Zurhaar is a weapon. Curtis is/will be a gem. In the first quarter, as is common knowledge, everything went against us. We battled hard until three quarter time. Last quarter was tough. We cannot underestimate the lack of confidence side of things. It just makes everything hard. Jed will be better again next week. Hopefully, that will include not hand-balling to the enemy. We expect his poor disposal by foot as a trade-off for his crash and bash approach. However, he used to at least propel us forward in the past.

Have to do something about the goal kicking, it's not becoming a bad habit, it's been one for a long time, it never seem's to improve. I'm sure it's very deflating for the players up the ground and has a lot to do with the annoyingly extra work they have to put in. Probably an example of the extra fitness I was talking about that wouldn't be necessary.

I don't pretend to know everything about football.

I certainly don't.

But what exactly is Atu doing or offers? I don't even know if he would be VFL high quality standard.

Is he selected purely because we have no one else, or is there something I can't see?

I don't pretend to know everything about football.

I certainly don't.

But what exactly is Atu doing or offers? I don't even know if he would be VFL high quality standard.

Is he selected purely because we have no one else, or is there something I can't see?

Atu, amongst others, would most likely be a very functional depth player if our top-end players were remotely competitive. Trouble is, at the moment we’re expecting him to do things he’s not in the least up to. Today, he tried his best and did a couple of good spoils.

I understand we do quite a bit of running, and GPS data would probably confirm it, but i reckon most of it would be chasing opposition with the ball.

Do we even know what overlap running to attack is ? or sacrificial running to block, shepherd, or lead at the ball carrier to provide multiple options etc etc, i see very little evidence of this, if any at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back