Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Nope, no significant injuries as of this week. Now they just need some time to gel with perfect warm up games against hawks and Bombers.
'Gelling' isn't going to make Edwards or Cotchin any less cooked, Prestia comprised of any less tissue paper, or Graham, Pickett and McIntosh any less mediocre

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
'Gelling' isn't going to make Edwards or Cotchin any less cooked, Prestia comprised of any less tissue paper, or Graham, Pickett and McIntosh any less mediocre

Mate you should go on AFL 360 with your genius insight

I mean Cotchin has had his best season in years, Prestia been really good with injury.
And you wanna talk about mediocre players? Your Pickett has had 1 good game this seas, that new ranga kid is a dud and weirderman and McDonald are constantly dropped to the VFL cause they are shithouse while you think they are unreal.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

I mean Cotchin has had his best season in years, Prestia been really good with injury.
And you wanna talk about mediocre players? Your Pickett has had 1 good game this seas, that new ranga kid is a dud and weirderman and McDonald are constantly dropped to the VFL cause they are shithouse while you think they are unreal.

Kozzy would be your best small forward pal.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Not really concerned about Richmond. We kicked 9.22 and still only needed ten minutes of football to put the game beyond doubt.

Melbourne, Brisbane, Freo, St Kilda, Carlton. Premier comes from one of these teams.

That bad kicking will cost you a final and then you are going to have a cry. Believe it.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham

Lay off the cones mate

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne

Fair and Balanced.

Dec 24, 2008
Luxembourg
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
NEC Nijmegen, Sunderland
The answer to the question is by quality small forwards.
Just my opinion, but I think Melbourne's small defenders are nowhere near their talls of May, Petty and Lever.
Currently, the small defenders are Hunt, Bowey and Rivers with Brayshaw playing the Salem quarterback role.
Good small to medium forwards like Charlie Cameron could expose Melbourne here.
With that said, it's never just one defender and Melb's defence works well as a unit.

The one that's 15-0 and one of the favourites for the rising star (and coincidentally has as many rising star nominations in that time as your entire club has for the last three and a half seasons)? Go off I guess.

And if this is indeed Cotchin's best season in years, he's even more cooked than I thought.

Finally, you show me a Melbourne supporter who thinks that McDonald or Weideman are 'unreal', then I'll pop some money on Richmond to win the flag, because we're clearly dealing in things that are simply not realistic.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
The one that's 15-0 and one of the favourites for the rising star (and coincidentally has as many rising star nominations in that time as your entire club has for the last three and a half seasons)? Go off I guess.

And if this is indeed Cotchin's best season in years, he's even more cooked than I thought.

Finally, you show me a Melbourne supporter who thinks that McDonald or Weideman are 'unreal', then I'll pop some money on Richmond to win the flag, because we're clearly dealing in things that are simply not realistic.

Well you guys keep saying you have the best “Depth” in the league. If McDonald and weirderman are next in line for the 22 than you don’t have good depth at all do you? God help you if multiple stars go down like with other clubs.

With the Cotchin thing, he is playing his role well. He is old and is retiring at the end of this year as 3x premiership captain so we aren’t really on his back with his performance. We aren’t gonna disrespect him like you guys did with Nathan Jones, not having him as a sub in the GF that you didn’t even use robbed him of a premiership medal and made his career one of the most tragic in AFL history, congratulations. So much for being a “selfless” club

Also I just remembered, you guys only gave Goodwin a 2 year deal bahahah. They don’t seem to respect anybody what more did he have to do. It’s essentially saying give us a 3 peat or get lost.

Last edited:

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Well you guys keep saying you have the best “Depth” in the league. If McDonald and weirderman are next in line for the 22 than you don’t have good depth at all do you? God help you if multiple stars go down like with other clubs.

With the Cotchin thing, he is playing his role well. He is old and is retiring at the end of this year as 3x premiership captain so we aren’t really on his back with his performance. We aren’t gonna disrespect him like you guys did with Nathan Jones, not having him as a sub in the GF that you didn’t even use robbed him of a premiership medal and made his career one of the most tragic in AFL history, congratulations. So much for being a “selfless” club

Also I just remembered, you guys only gave Goodwin a 2 year deal bahahah. They don’t seem to respect anybody what more did he have to do. It’s essentially saying give us a 3 peat or get lost.
This is some fine comedy, or at least I hope it is for your sake.

I could only hope Melbourne can evolve to show the same level of respect as Hardwick did to his wife.

The same level of respect Brooke, Trent, Coleman-Jones and Stack did to the COVID-19 requirements.

The same level of respect Lynch and Mansell show when taking cheap shots on unaware opponents.

The Demons have much to learn. I’m going to write an angry email to the President titled “Be more like Richmond men!”.

The answer to the question is by quality small forwards.
Just my opinion, but I think Melbourne's small defenders are nowhere near their talls of May, Petty and Lever.
Currently, the small defenders are Hunt, Bowey and Rivers with Brayshaw playing the Salem quarterback role.
Good small to medium forwards like Charlie Cameron could expose Melbourne here.
With that said, it's never just one defender and Melb's defence works well as a unit.
Probably a good call tbh

Cameron killed us in the 1st final last year. From memory he kicked 4 or 5

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not really concerned about Richmond. We kicked 9.22 and still only needed ten minutes of football to put the game beyond doubt.

Melbourne, Brisbane, Freo, St Kilda, Carlton. Premier comes from one of these teams.
I really wished we played Melbourne sooner in the year. They are the bench mark and we don't get a crack till later in the season to see where we actually sit.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
This is some fine comedy, or at least I hope it is for your sake.

I could only hope Melbourne can evolve to show the same level of respect as Hardwick did to his wife.

The same level of respect Brooke, Trent, Coleman-Jones and Stack did to the COVID-19 requirements.

The same level of respect Lynch and Mansell show when taking cheap shots on unaware opponents.

The Demons have much to learn. I’m going to write an angry email to the President titled “Be more like Richmond men!”.

Lol I don’t think you know what being a selfless CLUB means. It only relates to footy, who gives a s**t what they do in their personal time I don’t really care who is a dickhead or not outside of footy.

It also doesn’t matter how people like lynch and mansell treat other teams. They aren’t meant to be selfless to the AFL only Richmond lol. Hardwick even encourages the aggression so they are doing exactly what they are being told.

But yeah you guys keep pretending to be selfless. Can you tell me where you guys got this from?

- “It looked like a Melbourne Game”

- Trac tucking his norm Smith under his jumper

- Being vulnerable with each other

- Big emphasise on role players

It so sad that you guys had to copy exactly what we did/said to be successful. It’s so cringeworthy.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Lol I don’t think you know what being a selfless CLUB means. It only relates to footy, who gives a s**t what they do in their personal time I don’t really care who is a dickhead or not outside of footy.

It also doesn’t matter how people like lynch and mansell treat other teams. They aren’t meant to be selfless to the AFL only Richmond lol. Hardwick even encourages the aggression so they are doing exactly what they are being told.

But yeah you guys keep pretending to be selfless. Can you tell me where you guys got this from?

- “It looked like a Melbourne Game”

- Trac tucking his norm Smith under his jumper

- Being vulnerable with each other

- Big emphasise on role players

It so sad that you guys had to copy exactly what we did/said to be successful. It’s so cringeworthy.

You really possess an incredibly low level of intelligence.

cakewalk06

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
At this stage they look likely to win the flag. But the thing is it's not the EPL so being on top is not enough. You need to first of all finish top four, which it looks like they will, and then arrive at the finals playing your best footy, with close to your best team available.

So I think what could stop them is a couple of untimely injuries leading into the finals. Not going to name names and jinx anyone but it's pretty clear injuries to any of the top four players would have a big impact, not just on Melbourne but any team. It's a long season.

With the Pies obviously going nowhere this season, Melbourne are the most watchable team in it, for mine. So I hope they make the GF

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Probably a good call tbh

Cameron killed us in the 1st final last year. From memory he kicked 4 or 5
I think this is the most likely way Melbourne get beaten. Brisbane manage to compete in the middle for good chunks of the game, our tall forwards (please be fit come September) keep May and co busy allowing Cameron, Rayner, Bailey and McCarthy to kick a winning score.

Plenty has to go right, but its plausible.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond invented being humble 🤡

In terms emphasising it in footy, pretty much yeah. If you remember the 2020 GF EVERY player tucked their premiership medals under their jumpers when GAJ did his retirement walk. No other team has done that, if we now see the Dees do that I’ll spew.

Anyway that’s enough of that, we’ll try to stay on topic now.

Back