Prediction Next coach to be sacked. With Poll

Which coach will be the next to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2 weeks time, Hinkley officially becomes the longest serving coach to not make a Grand Final

I was sure you'd made a mistake before reading the trusty AFL Tables.

Bill Stephen (four stints two clubs) 258
Terry Wallet (two stints two clubs) 247
Brad Scott 211 (one stint)
Hinkleys 210 (one stint)

Hinkleys 210 (one stint)
'Longest serving' means serving at one club. Stephen and Wallace don't count.

Hinkleys 210 (one stint)

At one club is the qualifier that was missed.

Plus third all time.

Ol ken is about to enter unprecedented territory

No chance Port make the GF this season.

Should be Ken's last year.

Ken and Dewie should do a swap...... though I would expect Clarkson to coach Port before GC, and Clarkson would be chosen 99 times out of a 100 over Dew by any Club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Rutten will get another year to prove himself.
If these 50+ losses continue all year for us I could see Noble being moved on towards the end of season.

Hinkleys 210 (one stint)

If you want to make it premierships, no one goes close to Rocket. It was in the first year of his career that he played a Grand Final so he actually went 350 odd games without making a Grand Final.

Rodney Eade (born 4 April 1958) is a former Australian rules footballer and coach in the Australian Football League. He is a former coach of the Sydney Swans, the Western Bulldogs and the Gold Coast Football Club. He has, to date, coached 377 games of AFL football, placing him first on the all-time AFL/VFL list of most games coached without a premiership.

Said he wants a team that’s ready to go sooner rather than later …

And people somethimes make the assumption that he has ties with North because he played there.

He may resent the place because he was sent packing to Melbourne. Get the feeling he didnt like Carey while he was there.

Probably Essendons coach but their list manager will keep his job.

While the whole club has been a failure for over a decade, coaches, club officials etc have all been terminated or departed due to lack of success and inability to do the job.

He's kept his job, he is the guy in charge of building a list for a coach to succeed, but at the moment their coach isn't have a successful time. So the poorly run football club will overlook this fact and put all the blame on the senior coach and therefore look to replace him. When they do find a new coach he will inherit the same list and same manager and again lose their job due to lack of success.

Said he wants a team that’s ready to go sooner rather than later …

He also talked about the 4 years Hawks took to win in 2008.

Roos list with another #1, #19 and #20 this year and maybe a #3 and #22 next year and a replacement for Goldstein then surely thats similar to Hawthorn in 2005/06 ?

Finals in 2025, top 4 in 2026.

Hinkleys 210 (one stint)
The funny thing is Chris Scott has gone longer than Hinkley without winning a flag. Sure, he won one in his first year but it shouldn’t mean you then have a job for life.

Noble wouldn’t want to lose at home this week to a team already operating under a temporary coach.
Rutten also might be feeling nervous.
Friday night, 150th year celebration !!
Wouldn’t go down well to lose to Carlton’s reserves and sit 2-10 !!

Back