List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

With the lack of personnel, they have no choice. No point in beating players up about not following a gameplan if it can't be implemented anyway.

I can't see us winning anymore games if we're just going to park the bus. Get games into the young blokes, make sure guys like Yeo get fit and retire the oldies to try out the players from the mid season draft. Grab pick 1 and a soft draw for 2023.

I see where you're coming from, but it sure as hell isn't going to shut the SACK SIMMO IMMEDIATELY crew up.

Our rebuild needs the philosophy of Richard Dawkins:

Natural Selection through Survival of the Fittest of the Selfish Team

We need to evolve to win flags. We are already an endangered species no need to go extinct.

Our rebuild needs the philosophy of Richard Dawkins:

Natural Selection through Survival of the Fittest of the Selfish Team

We need to evolve to win flags. We are already an endangered species no need to go extinct.
Evolution via natural selection takes time, I prefer an alternative concept.

Founder effect with artificial selection.

We need to select for those with traits we deem desirable.

i.e. Cull those at the end who don’t buy in to a more direct, contested and pressuring based game plan.

The remaining founders next year will have a disproportionately strong bias on the type of footy played, leading to an increased frequency of desirable traits and gameplay.

Hopefully leads to speciation and the formation of a new breed of eagles.

Yes, I’m aware I am a massive nerd.

1652522004481.gif

Last edited:

i.e. Cull those at the end who don’t buy in to a more direct, contested and pressuring based game plan.

The remaining founders next year will have a disproportionately strong bias on the type of footy played, leading to an increased frequency of desirable traits and gameplay.

So...Sack then entire white collar proportion and half the team?

Have you seen Eddie Murphy's Coming to America? The scene where he goes into the barber and asks for a haircut and the hairdresser just shrugs and cuts of his p-banger?

Simmo is the p-banger. All sorted.

I agree on the culling, I would take that as the selfish element. A new survival strategy is definitely needed. With luck that will cause the speciation. A bit of the Ancestors Tale. Let the genus give rise to a new species on the lineage. Learn that the current environment is different to the one we previously thrived in. The asteroid has struck. Adapt or die.

I agree on the culling, I would take that as the selfish element. A new survival strategy is definitely needed. With luck that will cause the speciation. A bit of the Ancestors Tale. Let the genus give rise to a new species on the lineage. Learn that the current environment is different to the one we previously thrived in. The asteroid has struck. Adapt or die.
Best Meth Head GIFs | Gfycat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Issue isn't really what pick we have, the issue is do we have the recruiting personnel to pick the right players. At present I have no faith that we will use pick 1 if we get it. If we do use it it'll be on a Half Back Flanker who comes from a private school who showed a glimpse of talent in an under 16 game who has had 2 knee reconstructions since. Then if we do happen to fluke a top player they will be played out of position because he has no credits in the bank.

We have 4 really winnable games over the rest of the season. Say we get our s**t together and win 3 I still dont see us having a pick below 2. Even if say Essendon only wins 2 more games for the season our percentage will have us the lowest of any team with 4 wins.

North however are absolute junk so I cant see us finishing last unless this injury curse really continues hard.

110% correct.

He shouldn't be, as we took Chesser last year and they're very similar.
Your point RE contested mids later in the draft, agree again. Maybe though as they did take Chesser last year, they might look at Lemmey!

But if we did take Culley mid season, taking Lemmey in the national draft would be make sense!

I wouldn`t be against having two pacy highly rated running mids or wingers Sardis and Chesty ..

They could link our defence and forwards ..

We have 4 really winnable games over the rest of the season. Say we get our s**t together and win 3 I still dont see us having a pick below 2. Even if say Essendon only wins 2 more games for the season our percentage will have us the lowest of any team with 4 wins.

North however are absolute junk so I cant see us finishing last unless this injury curse really continues hard.
If North do finish last with no more wins, that will be their last 3 seasons would consist of...

2020 17th (on %) 3 wins
2021 18th 4 wins
2022 18th 1 win

for a total of 8 wins and finishing last or 2nd last every year.

Compare that to GC over 2017-2019...

2017 17th 6 wins
2018 17th 4 wins
2019 18th 3 wins

for a total of 13 wins and only one wooden spoon.

Which 3 years is worse? Clearly it's North, and people are arguing they won't get a priority pick at the top of the draft, yet GC got a #1 priority pick at the end of 2019 for being rubbish for 3 years.

I'd argue that if North continue on their losing way and get the spoon they will get a priority pick, and it'll be at the top of the draft, and we'll get pick 3 for finishing 17th.

Edit - and even if we do stay below North, that will just mean they match the GC 3 season finishing position of 1 x 18th and 2 x 17th, but with less wins. Still every chance of that top end priority pick.

If North do finish last with no more wins, that will be their last 3 seasons would consist of...

2020 17th (on %) 3 wins
2021 18th 4 wins
2022 18th 1 win

for a total of 8 wins and finishing last or 2nd last every year.

Compare that to GC over 2017-2019...

2017 17th 6 wins
2018 17th 4 wins
2019 18th 3 wins

for a total of 13 wins and only one wooden spoon.

Which 3 years is worse? Clearly it's North, and people are arguing they won't get a priority pick at the top of the draft, yet GC got a #1 priority pick at the end of 2019 for being rubbish for 3 years.

I'd argue that if North continue on their losing way and get the spoon they will get a priority pick, and it'll be at the top of the draft, and we'll get pick 3 for finishing 17th.

Edit - and even if we do stay below North, that will just mean they match the GC 3 season finishing position of 1 x 18th and 2 x 17th, but with less wins. Still every chance of that top end priority pick.
The biggest problem with GC was teams raiding all their good players.

Hard to rebuild when you keep losing key players and getting below market value for them . Carlton pre season drafted Martin because they knew they could .

Norf sold off their key older players and wonder why they are so s**t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back