AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Given Shiel has a history of meniscus issues and is a dodgy kick at times, I wonder if it might be a similar issue where he needs to actually work on his kicking action in order to fix the knee problem.
Couldn't hurt, might even fix his kicking accidentally in the process.
The issue we have is what to do with him.
Strap him to a rocket and fire it into the sun?

Weird? No. Embarrassing on our club and kulcha? Yes.

First game in a while I've legitimately felt bad for someone. Hope you're alright Dyl xx.
Was it Shiel or Hind that he was having a go at??
In that play Shiel got crunched in a tackle and Parker then waltzed around Hind. Carey was giving it to Hind on the commentary for not tackling Parker.

Anyone else reckon it was weird that Parker was openly taunting Shiel after booting a goal and no Essendon player gave an ounce of a s**t?
Parker could’ve whipped his nuts out and slapped Shiel on the forehead and Dyl would’ve done nothing. He’s a soft, scared ‘inside’ mid and everyone knows. Will probably sleep with his lights on tonight.

Essendons last 18 years right there.
Barnard
Solomon
Johnson
Johnson
Wallis
Hardwick
Wow Dodoro loves weak soft players.

Luke Parker sums it all up perfectly.

Getting shamed on field would be tough for anyone. Was slightly better in the second half but still lacked any impact.

He might need a break to reset and get himself back on track. Even if that's to be moved on at the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever faults he may have, Shiel isn’t a soft footballer. He’s not Glen Archer….but he’s not soft.

He’s run of the mill AFL brave which makes him a million times harder than any of us.

If the Parker spray was what it looked like, whether it was directed at Shiel or someone else, then it’s a horrible reflection on our club that nobody took issue with it.

Whatever faults he may have, Shiel isn’t a soft footballer. He’s not Glen Archer….but he’s not soft.

He’s run of the mill AFL brave which makes him a million times harder than any of us.

If the Parker spray was what it looked like, whether it was directed at Shiel or someone else, then it’s a horrible reflection on our club that nobody took issue with it.

lol give me 850k a year and ill try and break through a wall too mate.

i don't give too shits about his braveness either, his basic skills are complete dogshit too. The guys kicking is legit woeful.

No real surprise no one did nothing. They never do. McDonald bashed him all game in 2020.
I would appear that it is odds on there is a fracture in the playing group.

lol give me 850k a year and ill try and break through a wall too mate.

i don't give too shits about his braveness either, his basic skills are complete dogshit too. The guys kicking is legit woeful.
I prefaced it by noting he has his faults.
I just hate this line that he deserved it or isn’t worth helping out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back