All Elite Wrestling (On FITE and ESPN)

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Devastating news for aew today. Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake has ruled out appearing for them. I'm sure everyone will be devastated

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Devastating news for aew today. Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake has ruled out appearing for them. I'm sure everyone will be devastated

One of the funniest quotes I heard from the barber was he and Valentine taught the British Bulldogs how to wrestle 😂

Valentine being second generation and a decent worker is plausible. Dynamite after his terrific run in Japan and Stampede being taught by Brutus was laughable.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One of the funniest quotes I heard from the barber was he and Valentine taught the British Bulldogs how to wrestle

Valentine being second generation and a decent worker is plausible. Dynamite after his terrific run in Japan and Stampede being taught by Brutus was laughable.
But there so similar lol. Cant half tell he's hogan's friend.

Please no

LikelyAllCub-max-1mb.gif

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Joker in the Women’s Owen Cup might be Maki Itoh, since she’s not sticking around for a post-show signing in TJPW (similar to AEW requesting Yuka), plus she has bookings in the US at the end of the month.

How cool would it be if it was Nia Jax….

Nicho50

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Poor choice of words by Bischoff. Think he loves the tit for tat stuff on twitter for a bit of shits and giggles. Love Punk but the comments from Punk saying Danielson Cole and himself coming to AEW was bigger than Hogan, Nash and Hall was WTF it is not even close to comparable so Bischoff got wound up about that on the defensive of his creation.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

You could argue ratings but definitely not a financial flop. Huge PPV buys since he joined and I'm sure his merch is making AEW some good money aswell.

Didn’t his comeback shirt sell out in a matter of hours?

They both have made some outrageous claims against each other. At some point they need to agree to disagree and move on. Punk has his opinions, Bishoff has his. Although if Cornette joins in to make it a three way, I just may have to get the popcorn out!

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Poor choice of words by Bischoff. Think he loves the tit for tat stuff on twitter for a bit of shits and giggles. Love Punk but the comments from Punk saying Danielson Cole and himself coming to AEW was bigger than Hogan, Nash and Hall was WTF it is not even close to comparable so Bischoff got wound up about that on the defensive of his creation.

I was never a Hogan or Nash fan, still not. If I wanted to torture someone, I would make them watch all of Nash’s matches.

They were big ins though and made WCW more commercial. With them coming in, the quality of the wrestling product dropped, where the best matches were generally the cruiser weights.

Punk, Danielson and Cole are great wrestlers, so as a wrestling fan they can be seen as being bigger than Hogan, Nash and Hall, from a commercial point of view, not so much.

Nicho50

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
I was never a Hogan or Nash fan, still not. If I wanted to torture someone, I would make them watch all of Nash’s matches.

They were big ins though and made WCW more commercial. With them coming in, the quality of the wrestling product dropped, where the best matches were generally the cruiser weights.

Punk, Danielson and Cole are great wrestlers, so as a wrestling fan they can be seen as being bigger than Hogan, Nash and Hall, from a commercial point of view, not so much.
Quality of the wrestling dropped? Nash Hall and Hogan going across changed the entire landscape of wrestling.

These modern day guys can do as many super kicks , monkey flips and somersaults as they want they ain’t getting anywhere near the level of quality of storylines, hype, build up or interest like back in that time and it was as a direct result of those 3 guys going across.

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda

People weren’t tuning into the NWO or attitude era at never before seen numbers because they wanted better wrestling matches

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Quality of the wrestling dropped? Nash Hall and Hogan going across changed the entire landscape of wrestling.

These modern day guys can do as many super kicks , monkey flips and somersaults as they want they ain’t getting anywhere near the level of quality of storylines, hype, build up or interest like back in that time and it was as a direct result of those 3 guys going across.

I will take the super kicks, monkey flips and somersaults over Hogan’s get beat up, no sell, hulk up and big boot leg drop. Which is slightly better than Nash’s big boot, snake eyes and hair flip. Hall was the only decent wrestler of the three.

Cole I will grant you the super kicks, monkey flips and somersault, the other 2 are a totally different style. Perception is always in the eye of the beholder.

Back