Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reported today that JHF has been working on a contract extension but it has stopped/shelved until the end of the year.

Port and Crows should start sharpening their pencils, putting together a plan ……… and installing a red phone line directly to Melbourne! Surely if JHF left the poll margin would narrow.

Reported today that JHF has been working on a contract extension but it has stopped/shelved until the end of the year.

Port and Crows should start sharpening their pencils, putting together a plan ……… and installing a red phone line directly to Melbourne! Surely if JHF left the poll margin would narrow.

Think JHF want's to come and play with Silvagni... Don't blame him...

You would think news should be the final nail in Noble's coaching coffin.

You would think news should be the final nail in Noble's coaching coffin.

Players forcing Noble to fall on his sword is an indictment on the pissweak playing group and not on Noble. Noble might be a poor coach but if they can't handle a spray after getting smacked to the tune of 100+ than they have no business playing senior footy.

Either way they play this North are an absolute rabble at the moment. JHF camp would be the only ones to leak this information, so he must be quite serious about this.

Players forcing Noble to fall on his sword is an indictment on the pissweak playing group and not on Noble. Noble might be a poor coach but if they can't handle a spray after getting smacked to the tune of 100+ than they have no business playing senior footy.

Either way they play this North are an absolute rabble at the moment. JHF camp would be the only ones to leak this information, so he must be quite serious about this.
I think it’s less about the spray and more about what’s happened before then.

If a coach has the respect and trust of the playing group and they’ve bought in, when the spray comes then it’s likely the players will take it well. That’s true at all levels of footy. I’d be concerned that Noble had either lost respect and trust before then, or he never had it, both things suggest he may not be the person for the job.

Blues fans are pretty cocky these days after receiving Top 5 draft picks for the past 20 years :rolleyes:

Dees fans are similar, but at least they actually won something before they started mouthing off.

Let's see you guys at least get to a Grand Final some time this century.
More number one's than the Beatles & MJ combined more like it.

I am starting to think that young player development and nurturing is as important to rebuilding as drafting.

I look at Hawthorn, I cannot say definitively they have better kids overall than North or Crows (especially considering they have not as good draft picks as NMFC or AFC in the past 4 or so) but they all seem to have been seasoned and developed superbly by the Hawks, mostly via the Box Hill Hawks, Including Newcombe.

This is an area of their rebuilds I strongly believe North and The Crows need to get better at.

Carlton used to be really bad at this btw (SPS and Paddy Dow are prime examples of this) but we finally gotten our act together in the last few years

Seems North fans beginning to realise how soft Stephensen is. Shouldn’t be surprised.

He’ll be at his 3rd club before his contract is out.

Poll gap is widening. I'd say that's reflective of where the teams are at; North far better with Hawks/Crows neck and neck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares ? None of you battling clubs will be playing finals this year,

Wouldn't be gloating too much as a Hawks fan after your cluster collapse against Essendon.

So Walsh playing well didnt matter because Carlton didnt win finals ?

You post with the attitude of someone who expects their team to win finals. That will be disappointing for you

So Walsh playing well didnt matter because Carlton didnt win finals ?

You post with the attitude of someone who expects their team to win finals. That will be disappointing for you
They haven’t won a game against a decent team yet the blues are once again up and about.

I am starting to think that young player development and nurturing is as important to rebuilding as drafting.

I look at Hawthorn, I cannot say definitively they have better kids overall than North or Crows (especially considering they have not as good draft picks as NMFC or AFC in the past 4 or so) but they all seem to have been seasoned and developed superbly by the Hawks, mostly via the Box Hill Hawks, Including Newcombe.

This is an area of their rebuilds I strongly believe North and The Crows need to get better at.

Carlton used to be really bad at this btw (SPS and Paddy Dow are prime examples of this) but we finally gotten our act together in the last few years

You've still underrated it. It's more important.

As much as it's sexy, actual drafting doesn't mean much in a rebuild, with later picks being where the value of good drafting comes from, as clubs need to ideally flesh out a prospect pool with quality options. Whether it's you've had a lot of picks and need to cover some attrition in your earlier picks, or just removing needs.

That said, drafting cannot and will not overcome a poor development system as talent is intrinsically linked to confidence, and confidence can be ruined without any effort at all. Whoever came up with the adage of "form is temporary, class is permanent" is the dumbest mother*er to ever have commented on sport or was absolutely desperate to keep their spot.

Last edited:
Think the gap is widening by the week. Can see the light at the end of the tunnel for the Hawks and Crows.

Struggling to see it for North.

Simpkin and TT going backwards at an unbelievable rate.

Psicosis

I know you laughed when I said

Newcombe >>>> Powell

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

🤣🤣🤣

It's really hard to tell cause Hawks top end players are still playing well but north's are putrid. You'd be happy with the year as a Hawks fan but

It's really hard to tell cause Hawks top end players are still playing well but north's are putrid. You'd be happy with the year as a Hawks fan but

Couldn’t be happier with the season to date…

3 of our 4 best players this season have been:

• Jai Newcombe- played 16 games. He’s 21. Pick 2 in MSD last year
  • Mitch Lewis- player 43 games. He’s 23. Pick 76 in 2016 national draft
  • Dylan Moore- played 40 games. He’s 22. Pick 68 in 2017 national draft
  • james Sicily has been our best player

Our more “senior” players this season other than james Sicily have been average at best. We’ve also had 4/5 starting 22 players out just about every week with injury.

With the fixture we have had we could easily be 1-9…no team has had a harder first 10 weeks. We’ve played 7/8 top 8 sides and played port in Adelaide. 4-6 is actually a great result. We also lost to Carlton by 1 after being down 7 goals and don’t get me started on the Essendon game. Could easily be 6-4.

This season we have beaten 3 out of 4 of last years prelim finalists and pushed Melbourne to 10 points. 2022 has already been a success regardless what happens in the second half of the season.

Couldn’t be happier with the season to date…

3 of our 4 best players this season have been:

• Jai Newcombe- played 16 games. He’s 21. Pick 2 in MSD last year
  • Mitch Lewis- player 43 games. He’s 23. Pick 76 in 2016 national draft
  • Dylan Moore- played 40 games. He’s 22. Pick 68 in 2017 national draft
  • james Sicily has been our best player

Our more “senior” players this season other than james Sicily have been average at best. We’ve also had 4/5 starting 22 players out just about every week with injury.

With the fixture we have had we could easily be 1-9…no team has had a harder first 10 weeks. We’ve played 7/8 top 8 sides and played port in Adelaide. 4-6 is actually a great result. We also lost to Carlton by 1 after being down 7 goals and don’t get me started on the Essendon game. Could easily be 6-4.

This season we have beaten 3 out of 4 of last years prelim finalists and pushed Melbourne to 10 points. 2022 has already been a success regardless what happens in the second half of the season.
Think it's still culture, standards and leadership that the hawkd have. North have 0 the leaders are beyond average and the kids are doing the heavy lifting. Hawks still have leaders across each line that can help with positioning and lead when the momentum changes in a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back