VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s a massive concern, I was pretty bullish on our crop from last year and they are all struggling for different reasons.

He seems to be a likeable guy who works hard and has attributes that make him versatile and usable at AFL level, but he is in one hell of a form slump.

Philips, Powell, Lazzaro, Spicer, Ford and Edwards.

It’s not easy being a NM fan at the moment!
dont think its easy beaing a north anything atm, iam sure even the people in the merch shop are finding the going tough, prolly lucky we dont have that cafe atm! can only imagine how bad the coffee would be?

dont think its easy beaing a north anything atm, iam sure even the people in the merch shop are finding the going tough, prolly lucky we dont have that cafe atm! can only imagine how bad the coffee would be?
Way to hot would be my guess. Burning the roof of mouth areas

I went along today. Got there at the start of the second quarter. The weather was nice and that’s about where the positives end unfortunately. There were a few nice passages of play that generally ended with a skill error resulting in a cheap turnover.
M Walker took a few nice grabs, he competes well and almost took about another 6 or 7 that he couldn’t quite hold/wasn’t paid.
The North listed blokes didn’t really stand out.
Felt a bit sorry for the VFL/top up players that generally had a crack but were just outclassed & outsized.
Was tempted to steal that coffee cart and set it up. Considering the score, a good slug of whiskey in each coffee wouldn’t of gone astray.

I went along today. Got there at the start of the second quarter. The weather was nice and that’s about where the positives end unfortunately. There were a few nice passages of play that generally ended with a skill error resulting in a cheap turnover.
M Walker took a few nice grabs, he competes well and almost took about another 6 or 7 that he couldn’t quite hold/wasn’t paid.
The North listed blokes didn’t really stand out.
Felt a bit sorry for the VFL/top up players that generally had a crack but were just outclassed & outsized.
Was tempted to steal that coffee cart and set it up. Considering the score, a good slug of whiskey in each coffee wouldn’t of gone astray.
neat whiskey may have been a better proposition.

Was out seeing the fam. How bad was it?

The difference between our skills Vs. others is the most alarming to me, maybe more than the margin itself.

The general lack of cleanliness doing the most basic actions.... picking up a loose ball, an uncontested kick or handpass. Not only do they miss the target more often than not but the actual mechanics of the action looks 3rd rate compared to our opposition.

It feels like you could be watching a 2nd Div. ammo team Vs an AFL reserves exhibition match.

Last edited:
Disheartening to see but it’s honestly not the players fault. Outmatched and never had a hope in hell.

Majak had more of the ball than any of our AFL listed players (14)

I’d be debuting Goater if he’s recovered fully from his head knock, of the games I’ve seen he’s not getting anything out of playing at that level and will play better in an afl environment. We wouldn’t lose anything by replacing Atu with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have:

Ben Brown
Tom McDonald
Luke Jackson
Sam Weideman
Daw

Plus another KPF whose name escapes me but is injured on their list. They then select Van Rooyen.

We have Larkey and Comben, so we commence chucking blokes out the door (inc. one who ended up at Melbourne).
Actually 2 that ended up at Melbourne if you include Maj - and in the state our list is in he would be handy.

Any football manager in they right mind wouldn’t in there right mind suggest that any of there players to go to North unless it was the only option and north were paying overs big time.
I'd guess that, at the moment, we'd only get interest from delisted free agents and that's only if they have no other suitors.

Fought back late.
Final score 177-67.

We had 5 AFL listed players line up today. Lazzaro, McGuiness, Archer, Walker and Goater. There was no key position forward or defender in the team, not even ruckman.

It’s okay, everything is going to plan
Easy fix, few positives, better for the run...

I would dearly love to know why our VFL recruiting has been so poor. Obviously injuries to our senior players is a significant factor, and the state of our list is another. With a few exceptions, our VFL recruiting is so underwhelming.

Any football manager in they right mind wouldn’t in there right mind suggest that any of there players to go to North unless it was the only option and north were paying overs big time.
Right now it's hard to argue otherwise. But if you fast forward a year or 2, and suddenly you've got a midfield around you with LDU, TT, JHF and TP, as a player, you could be excited by that prospect.

I would dearly love to know why our VFL recruiting has been so poor. Obviously injuries to our senior players is a significant factor, and the state of our list is another. With a few exceptions, our VFL recruiting is so underwhelming.
Wasn't that long ago we had a decent set of VFL players. Mind you, that does seem an age ago tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back