Review Freo Drowned in GC by Suns - Rd 9 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I’ve never been as high on him as others on the board. Hands need a lot of work to make it. Amiss clearly the more talented
Showed more craft in 5 minutes than Josh has in a season and a half. Positive at least is that we've got Jye coming through, and Treacy has time.

Where's Treacy's leading gone? Seems to get really easily shifted off his line and can't impact anywhere near enough contests.

Hasn't looked in any danger of taking a mark in a contested situation all year.

The last 6 weeks have blown expectations way out of proportion. We probably aren't a top 4 side just yet and are going to continue to occasionally put these sorts of horrific performances in while the squad matures.

In saying that, it's disappointing to see we weren't able to remotely adjust to the conditions. Agree that there seemed little in the way of a 'plan B', and if there was the players simply didn't execute it at all. Our forward 50 work is still a massive weakness at times. The difference between us and a Melbourne or Brisbane is that they have enough quality to make chances out of nothing/score even if the entries aren't clean.

Lots to work on but it's not the end of the world. We aren't winning a flag this season.

Important to see a strong response next week.

Cox was just about our best player on ground in the first half and he gets pushed fwd after half time to try and offer a contest bc lobb and treacy offer nothing and all that ends up doing is taking away any impact he had on the game at all. Lovely coaching move.
Thought he was moved because he was injured. Looked quite proppy

I don't think his hands have been sticky at all this year, and today he wasn't even halving the contest when given the opportunity, at half time it's a benefit of the doubt thing but surely someone in the coaching staff told him that during the break?
I agree i50, he hasn't had sticky hands there, but around the ground he has. Just needs to loosen up i50. It'll come.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our delivery into the forward line sucked.

And we really missed Switta. His kind of weather

We had 64 inside 50’s to 36, but everyone we had seemed to go directly to a GC player, whereas every GC inside 50 seemed to go to Chol or a GC small forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As someone who didn't watch the game, can someone summarize what happened? I want the deets.
Think of the majority of our football history.

Smidge off in my predictions.

Will be a good one for the team to review. We need to and should respond against a fairly poor Pies.

Stay positive people. We’re a good side that clearly had a bad day.

We are a decent side who if we are 5% of our best are an ordinary side ….. like most of the middle level teams

All the Flagmantle bullshit was ******* idiotic though

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I’m so done watching Banfield. He’s not at this level. End of story.
Kicks a few Joe the goose goals against s**t teams like north or collects a few handy touches like against the eagles when he came on and we were 60 points up and all the do-gooders who think everyone on the list is amazing are on here castigating those of us who can see though it.
If I was sam Sturt sitting back home watching that crap and I’m still back in the twos next weekend while Banfield starts against the pies I’d be straight onto my agent to find me a club that actually wants someone who can kick goals.

Further recruiting of players for that monstrosity we label a forward-line is required. Jye Amiss looks to be an exceptional prospect, but if Rory Lobb was to depart, we'd be left with Joshua Treacy and Matthew Taberner as our "experienced" Key Forwards. Tabs is of the level, but Josh is not yet proficient. Food for thought.

Let's hope Rory departs!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are a decent side who if we are 5% of our best are an ordinary side ….. like most of the middle level teams

All the Flagmantle bullshit was ******* idiotic though

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
I personally don’t mind the Flagmantle stuff. There’s only a handful of sides who can win it and we’re one of them.

Otherwise we may as well pack up the season now and just have Melbourne v Brisbane GF.

I don’t think it’s unfair to place us in that next bracket with a bunch of teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back