• James Rowe

• Lachlan Sholl

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Kieran Strachan

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how you can confidently say Gollant over Fogarty at this point, Both underwhelming on the scoreboard but at least Fogarty has presence up the field

I've seen enough of both in the AFL and SANFL to make that call. Noting Gollant became our best tall forward in the SANFL (and one of the best in the league) from his first game.

Just sad what has happened to this team the last several years. Pretty much need an excavation to be conducted. Everything needs an overhaul---badly
Everything has been excavated. This is why we are raw and inexperienced. Rebuilds don’t happen over night. We are two years into it. Have patience.

I think FOG really struggles as he just isn't y'all enough to clunk marks from bad kicks and out club is full of them. He doesn't have the reach of Gollant or the smarts of Tex and is too small as a KPF.

He is caught between a midfielder/HF and a KPF which still baffles me as to why the club hasn't pushed him as a midfielder/HF. He has been used in that position about 5 times in AFL and SANFL since drafted

Every time I saw the ball kicked in his vicinity he was wrestling andrews and not going for the ball, is fog a forward that should be kicking goals as his KPI or a defender beating a defender? it’s just dumb football. Even if this was the role they gave him to negate Andrews, he kicked 0 goals and had no impact on the game besides pressuring 2 or 3 balls out of bounds, it’s another s**t performance from a 5th year forward.

It's Fog's first game back in 6 weeks.
If the guys upfield didn't keep bombing it on his head, he would need to wrestle so much.
But Andrews is 202cm 100kg and played 145 games, if we are breaking even in that situation you take it every time.
Everyone understands that he needs to hit the scoreboard but this infatuation from posters that guys can't dominate in the AFL after a couple of matches is ridiculous

It's Fog's first game back in 6 weeks.
If the guys upfield didn't keep bombing it on his head, he would need to wrestle so much.
But Andrews is 202cm 100kg and played 145 games, if we are breaking even in that situation you take it every time.
Everyone understands that he needs to hit the scoreboard but this infatuation from posters that guys can't dominate in the AFL after a couple of matches is ridiculous
agree. There was one passage of play I recall where one of our players had the ball running through centre and fog made the lead and had a couple of metres on his man. The pass was poorly weighted and allowed his man to come over the top and spoil. It was just a microcosm of our play that does make it damn hard for the leading forwards

God do we need Dawson further up the field and we miss Seedsman on the other wing at this point in time - a guy that could also spear a pass and regularly kick 60m. Just remembering the early 90's when D Jarman was a mid and Dunstall used to sing his praises as the delivery coming into him was gold plated. Dawson should be in a field position to be doing just that and the coaches have him stuck across half back and the back pocket for most of the game

Every time I saw the ball kicked in his vicinity he was wrestling andrews and not going for the ball, is fog a forward that should be kicking goals as his KPI or a defender beating a defender? it’s just dumb football. Even if this was the role they gave him to negate Andrews, he kicked 0 goals and had no impact on the game besides pressuring 2 or 3 balls out of bounds, it’s another s**t performance from a 5th year forward.
I saw him lead up to the ball last night which Nicks told him to do compared to the games he played early in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree. There was one passage of play I recall where one of our players had the ball running through centre and fog made the lead and had a couple of metres on his man. The pass was poorly weighted and allowed his man to come over the top and spoil. It was just a microcosm of our play that does make it damn hard for the leading forwards

God do we need Dawson further up the field and we miss Seedsman on the other wing at this point in time - a guy that could also spear a pass and regularly kick 60m. Just remembering the early 90's when D Jarman was a mid and Dunstall used to sing his praises as the delivery coming into him was gold plated. Dawson should be in a field position to be doing just that and the coaches have him stuck across half back and the back pocket for most of the game

Another part of the problem is we don't create space in the fwd line. Our smalls often go to stupid spots and fill space. We lead once and then stand, filling space and our mids mainly kick to contest or players instead of space.

The only Space we see is the outer-space Lairdy loves to blindly kick to from a stoppage.

Yeah Gollant has been great lately hasn’t he?

Tired a bit after blitzing the Showdown but rather fine for what he is. A rather raw five game player.

He'll go back to the SANFL, tear it up for 6-8 weeks at a torrid pace (as despite that rawness, he's already shown he's too advanced for the 2nds) and take the spot back for the last part of the year.

16 goals from 8 games in SANFL last year isn't exactly amazing from Gollant
Although 24 goals from 17 games in AFL last year from Fog isn't much better, Not confident about both long term

For someone who played his first game at SANFL, 10-15 kg underweight and minimal rep. footy as a kid, it is.

Especially when the main problem with Gollants game was leaving a few bags on the table (Glenelg, Norwood and a third game, South, I think?) which showed some prodigious chance creation.

How many do the best teams have on average rotate through each week?
Ranges from 8-11, we had the lowest at 7. But that’s not really a relevant question anyway, they are the best teams because in part they have very strong midfields. Whereas we are developing team, with a s**t midfield we need to develop.

But is there any chance for once you’ll just accept we make s**t decisions without trying to justify them?

Back