The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Lyon's strength is really tying up an end and he is very good at that and getting better. My only issue with him is he is not the kind of spinner who can be counted on to roll through the opposition on the last few days of test matches. Watching 'The Test' on prime he came across as not very confident and I think that is reflected in the way he bowls. He is too defensive for my liking. When he took a 6fer to win us the test match at Edgbaston in 2019 he rattled through the poms top order and bowled really aggressively. I'd like to see him be more aggressive more often.
This didn't age particularly well although Lyon bowled an aggressive line and challenged the batsman which is what Australia need if they are going to win series away from home. He stood up today which is great to see. Long may it continue!

Bad things really do happen in threes. Marsh, Warne and now Roy. Shattering news, one of the most entertaining and important members of the 00s ODI team. He could bat, he could bowl, he could field (exceptionally well too) and he could iron out streakers.

R.I.P Roy.

Bad things really do happen in threes. Marsh, Warne and now Roy. Shattering news, one of the most entertaining and important members of the 00s ODI team. He could bat, he could bowl, he could field (exceptionally well too) and he could iron out streakers.

R.I.P Roy.
That mid 00s ODI middle order was whack.

Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Watson/White

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were coached by a Zimbabwean and captained by a South African for a while.
Been going on for 50 years.

Mike Denness - Scotland
Tony Greig - South Africa
Allan Lamb - South Africa
Nasser Hussein - India
Andrew Strauss - South Africa
Kevin Pietersen - South Africa
Ben Stokes - New Zealand

Pretty special win by England last night

Embarrassing for the ICC that the format allowed for NZ to win the test championship. Such an average side who can be good at times.

Yep that's an amazing win. Have only been watching the youtube highlights daily, runs galore.

A rare feat to bat first, score 550+ and then go on to lose the Test. I recall India doing that in Adelaide in 2003/4, Dravid and Laxman combining again for another epic partnership.

Not often it would happen though throughout the history books.

Been going on for 50 years.

Mike Denness - Scotland
Tony Greig - South Africa
Allan Lamb - South Africa
Nasser Hussein - India
Andrew Strauss - South Africa
Kevin Pietersen - South Africa
Ben Stokes - New Zealand

It's a joke that KP played for England considering he never visited the country until he was 20 years old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back