Autopsy Round 10 vs Bulldogs, Mars Stadium, Saturday 21st May, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Let's keep this thing going!

Does anyone go out or do we go in with an unchanged team?

Our reserves didn't play this weekend and we pulled off a big win over the Dockers so I'd be tempted to just run with the same team in Ballarat next week.

According to AFL.com.au, both Naughton and Gardner copped knee injuries on Friday night. That's huge for us if they both miss, particularly Naughton.

This is a huge opportunity for us to really get things going this season and secure a 5 win - 5 loss start before the Darwin swing.

LET'S GO!

Tough game, but are the dogs actually as tough a match-up this year? probably when they play us - win this however and top 8 looks likely with the games following!

Would be a massive win to pick this off. Win this and we are back in finals contention.

Ballarat should suit us with a scrappy game hopefully, got the win last time we played there, would love for us to go out there and do it again.

Would be a massive win to pick this off. Win this and we are back in finals contention.

Ballarat should suit us with a scrappy game hopefully, got the win last time we played there, would love for us to go out there and do it again.
Ballarat Long range forecast for next weekend is sunny cool with light winds.Probably a perfect Autumn day for football

Not just finals contention, there's every possibility we'll be tied 8th given Port are running hot and face the Cats at the same time. An Essendon win over Richmond wouldn't go astray either but I'm not optimistic about that at all. The odds makers currently have us sitting at $3.34 for the Dogs match which I think is pretty disrespectful after what we just did to Fremantle but it just means we'll have to prove the doubters wrong once again.

We've actually played well in Ballarat. Obviously we beat the Giants there last year (shoutout to the Vic crew for showing up and making noise!) but we also took it up to the Dogs in 2018 and only lost by 9 points with a very young side that was missing co-captains Lynch and May. We're going into this one under very different circumstances but our boys looks up to the challenge this year so I'm backing them in. Let's do this!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walking into Metricon yesterday I considered it at least 50:50-and I'm the worst Suns pessimist after 13 years
Bulldogs at Ballarat on what will probably be a perfect late Autumn day for football by the forecasts- not so hopeful
We were lucky to get Freo without Fyfe or Walters and their power forwards
Bulldogs away with Bont Macrae Libber Dunkley and a functioning forward line led by Naughton would be a much much bigger scalp IMO

Walking into Metricon yesterday I considered it at least 50:50-and I'm the worst Suns pessimist after 13 years
Bulldogs at Ballarat on what will probably be a perfect late Autumn day for football by the forecasts- not so hopeful
We were lucky to get Freo without Fyfe or Walters and their power forwards
Bulldogs away with Bont Macrae Libber Dunkley and a functioning forward line led by Naughton would be a much much bigger scalp IMO
Good chance though.

We're missing English, Bruce, Maclean, JJ, Hunter, Hannan, Weightman, Vandermeer, Wallis, O'Brien.

Bont isn't right either.

Even with these guys GC always challenge us

More easily said than done.

Wouldn't say that's enough with the form of Dunkley, Smith and Treloar though
True
Dunkley Treloar types (I call them mid fats) have destroyed us over the years
As I said- winning next weekend is a bigger scalp than Freo at home in the wet
But to be fair, other than a couple of single quarter lapses that have cost us dearly vs Collingwood and GWS the boys have seemed well and truly up for the fight this season
I guess having followed the team from inception I expect a reversion to normal transmission every game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back