Review Dees v the West Coast Eagles: the Good, Bad and Fuglier than the 2018 PF

Remove this Banner Ad

I was really impressed that he kept going hard even after he killed that dude. He looked pretty shattered after the tackle I probably would have forgiven him for being a bit apprehensive afterwards but he was right into it afterwards. What a legend.
Shame he's gonna miss a few while Harmes is out I'd like to see him kill some other dude.
He should not suspended for that. Was a pretty good tackle that was just unlucky. I will riot if that is a suspension, how bloody soft if it is.

Complete waste of time, really. Fortunately I was able to watch the match on delay, so I was able to skip through it all in about 45 minutes.

It was also pretty much what I expected. We rarely do anything more than we need to do to win, and Eagles players had absolutely nothing to lose, so I'm not surprised their intensity was much better than ours. They sucked us into playing a lot of dumb football (dumping it long to McGovern and Barrass, their two best players, every single time) and I'm struggling to think of a single player of ours except for Viney and Pickett who really played anywhere near their best, so another 74 point win in Perth will do all things considered. I'm expecting something similarly underwhelming next week, as part of the worst possible preparation for the Freo match in two weeks.

Reckon Eagles figured out how to beat us today. Other teams take note.
Lol, just posted this on the MB.

Following the eagles game plan is like reading the self help book 'how to lose friends and isolate people.'

We played 15 minutes of proper football. WC were the better team or broke even for the rest, and somehow we won by 74.
Yeah, I wasn't being disingenuous.

Wasn't sure if it was our forward 50 effectiveness or Kelli Underwood that was bringing me down. Petracca's interview afterwards was perfect. Still, I'd love to share this game with me at the Crawf & Hirdy party during the 2018 prelim.

Also, much love for Kozzy's dance steps and his constant pressure. What a legend.

I like Underwoods commentary.

Mostly because her voice is just meh, it's very easy to ignore. In fact they were pretty much all easy to tune out. I heard Jordie Lewis in there but dunno what he said other than when i caught the back half of a chat about pineapples? Beats Brian Taylor or Derwayne or whoever.

On First Crack…they’ve gone and said ‘sing it’

To the tune of Freed From Desire…

“Three from Kysiah”

HOW DID NONE OF US SEE THIS

Game was ordinary . Luckily tickets were free and didn’t have to pay for that. Having said that any win against the eagles over here is worth being there no matter how s**t they are.

They did get an ovation from there supporters at half and 3/4 time. They were very very happy with their performance. Also that is the Eagles lowest ever score in a home game. Sucked in campaigners. Going to be very enjoyable watching them get flogged every week .

Jake Bowey closes in on his record no thanks to Liam Ryan and unbelievably we are only 8 wins away from the all time record for most consecutive wins. Imagine that a few years ago.

I like James Jordan. He works as hard as Ed Langdon. I thought he was good but happy to be corrected I’d already had 8 beers by the time the game started.

Works gonna be tough tomorrow morning but I’ll push through to see the faces of all the muppet eagles supporters I work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win next week and we'll have a 17 match winning streak. That's the same number of wins we had in 4 seasons (2012 to 2015)

Last edited:
Good

12 goal win in Perth.

Viney. Loved his game.

Kozzy. Looked up and about tonight

Seeing a half empty Eagles crowd.

Bad

Harmes hamstring. Feel he's been going ok for us.

We left 5 or 6 goals out there. Those 2nd and 3rd quarters were quite poor.

Entries into F50 still not great. Fritsch and Brown should have had a field day leading up today.

Ugly

Petracca's goalkicking. Gun player but this is an area he can tidy up on.

Liam Ryan. Wtf has happened to this guy? Was in my top few players to watch a couple of seasons ago. Looks to have checked out. That hit on Bowey was poor..

Favourite moment of the game was probably when West Coast worked it out from half back and had opened us up, ball go to Rotham on the flank, 3 free targets on the wing to hit up, kicks sails 10m over the head of the bloke closest to the corridor, into the lap of a waiting Dee. We streamed forward in numbers and kicked an easy goal. It was a very ‘coach killer Morton’ moment. I hope poor Rotham didn’t hear the advice he was given from over the fence.

I kinda dont mind Ryan's agression. Should get few weeks as he went past the ball and made contact with the head but I don't think he's a "dirty" player so to speak, just often goes for risky bumps that nobody else dares to. It injected some life into a pretty flat game. His shirt front in the 2018 GF was a turning point for the team, really woke them up, kinda dont mind a few bumps that go awry if it means a real sick one every now and again. Kinda wish May dusted it off sometimes for old time's sake (just not near finals - in the GF is perfect)

Liked Jordans game today, think he did a lot of hard running. Noticed him getting the footy a fair bit, but doesn't seem to be noticed as much as our other mids here, or compared to the other winger

I kinda dont mind Ryan's agression. Should get few weeks as he went past the ball and made contact with the head but I don't think he's a "dirty" player so to speak, just often goes for risky bumps that nobody else dares to. It injected some life into a pretty flat game. His shirt front in the 2018 GF was a turning point for the team, really woke them up, kinda dont mind a few bumps that go awry if it means a real sick one every now and again. Kinda wish May dusted it off sometimes for old time's sake (just not near finals - in the GF is perfect)
100% it wasn't Byron Pickett on Krummel he just likes hurting blokes don't mind it. Probably gets a week but wasn't that bad. Don't mind em missing the odd week either because if you get the reputation you'll get some easy hardball cause players are soft as these days

Brayshaw went from me hating him to being one of me favourites in the backline. He's a gun now. Never ever go back to the wing or midfield.

Everything else was crap. Can't believe I'd be bored as for 3 quarters of a 74 point win.

Also dead set Trac needs to fix his ******* set shots he's gonna cost us a final one day with that rubbish.
agree. reckon he can get it right though, ******* strikes it pure while just coasting in and casually kicks it 60 off his garbage run up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back